100 corners, no goals. Edit: 140 corners, 1 goal. 152 corners, 2 goals.

Red Rash

It's even more baffling since we have a decent number of players who are good in the air. In theory Ronaldo, Cavani, Maguire, Varane, Matic, Pogba and McTominay all have the height and/or aerial ability to threaten.

I really think delivery is an issue as we keep hitting the first man. Really don't see why we don't try just lofting it onto the penalty spot and let the players fight to win the header. We always try to put some power into the corners and it's just not working.

Ole'sgunnarwin

It annoys me when we get corners because I know we won't score. It annoys me when other teams score from corners because I think why can't we do it. There are no corners in Gaelic Football. The only answer is a free shot at goal from 45 yards out.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
You'd wonder at what point does the opposing team choose to kick the ball out for a corner kick instead of a throw in. On average, a corner is the less dangerous sitaution.

Harry Maguire has missed a few headers that a better player might have scored on, which probably skews the stat a little bit, but it does appear as if this has to be a delivery problem. Ronaldo will score if he gets the ball in his area.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Liverpool, City and Chelsea are scoring so many important goals from set pieces. So annoying

RuudTom83

Take them short, and play around the box...corners can offer a great chance for a counter so play the percentages and keep it safe.

Norris Cole

This is getting out of hand now.

Chelsea, Pool and City all got set piece goals this weekend. City and Chelsea defenders seem to score most games.

We could be in such a better situation if we could compete with this

Longshanks

I'm hopeful that we will break the duck in the last minute at anfield or something similar.

Saying that it probably no more than a consilation goal at that point.

Seij

This is getting out of hand now.

Chelsea
, Pool and City all got set piece goals this weekend. City and Chelsea defenders seem to score most games.

We could be in such a better situation if we could compete with this
I'm sure our board was so smug about poaching their set-piece expert. :houllier:

Banana Republic

……….Really don't see why we don't try just lofting it onto the penalty spot and let the players fight to win the header. …….
That‘s the rubbish delivery we see on nearly every corner and one of the reasons why we’re so dire at them.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
On the bright side we haven't looked like conceding from the corners we've won tonight.

PoTMS

We should ask the ladies to teach us how to score from corners.

allen7

It’s the set piece tactics and placement of players inside the box.

We hired a coach for this and became more poor after that. Dreadful.

Hughie77

Haven't got a decent corner taker, maybe Telles that's it. Practice is the key. I think though we should take more short corner exercises, nearly paid off on Friday a few.

El Zoido

It’s the set piece tactics and placement of players inside the box.

We hired a coach for this and became more poor after that. Dreadful.
It’s the quality of crossing more than anything. Half of them don’t even beat the first defender, and when they do they’re often put in too high and slow to be attacked.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Cross it in, handball it "accidentally", lay it off for someone to score.

Just needs us to actually be able to hit the target.

Ibi Dreams

Haven't got a decent corner taker, maybe Telles that's it. Practice is the key. I think though we should take more short corner exercises, nearly paid off on Friday a few.
I wonder if anyone is really putting the work in to practice them, and the same with free kicks. You read stories about Beckham staying behind after training to practice every day, is anyone doing that for us now?

Natener

What I don't get is why there hasn't been a change at all. Game after game, most of the corners are taken the same way and getting cleared by the first man. Does our specially hired set piece coach only know one corner drill and a bad one at that?

El Zoido

What I don't get is why there hasn't been a change at all. Game after game, most of the corners are taken the same way and getting cleared by the first man. Does our specially hired set piece coach only know one corner drill and a bad one at that?
I’ve read that we haven’t been training on corners since Rangnick came in, since everything else is more important. The set piece coach hasn’t been working with the team and I’ve no idea what he’s up to these days. Perhaps he inflates the footballs and puts cones down.

Natener

I’ve read that we haven’t been training on corners since Rangnick came in, since everything else is more important. The set piece coach hasn’t been working with the team and I’ve no idea what he’s up to these days. Perhaps he inflates the footballs and puts cones down.
But wouldn't that make even less sense why we are so consistent at taking our corners in such a terrible manner? We don't just look trained. We look like we are trained to perfection at taking our corners in that one specifically bad drill.

El Zoido

But wouldn't that make even less sense why we are so consistent at taking our corners in such a terrible manner? We don't just look trained. We look like we are trained to perfection at taking our corners in that one specifically bad drill.
It’s beyond even training. These players shouldn’t need specific training to be able to deliver a cross from a corner, seems that there are a multitude of issues. Just sticking consistently decent crosses in would be a start.

Seij

Source?

Hughie77

I wonder if anyone is really putting the work in to practice them, and the same with free kicks. You read stories about Beckham staying behind after training to practice every day, is anyone doing that for us now?
I don't think so, realy you get Bruno taking them hits first man most of the time , there's been other taking them all the same , Mata took one on Friday and that maybe was an OK one. Its seems they just put in in the box if they can.

VivaRonaldo85

You never see us try anything from an attacking corner. No routine, go short, go long etc. it’s literally a Case of aim for the penalty spot every time and hope someone gets on the end of it. Quite unbelievable for an elite professional football team.

Giggs' right foot

You never see us try anything from an attacking corner. No routine, go short, go long etc. it’s literally a Case of aim for the penalty spot every time and hope someone gets on the end of it. Quite unbelievable for an elite professional football team.
We tried a number of combinations against Middlesbrough.

sugar_kane

Hoping we finally score on corner #180 and the commentator let’s out a Bullseye-style “one huuuuundred and eighty!”

The United players celebrate by doing a Bully-esque waddle over to the corner flag.

….er sorry I think this season might have broken my mind slightly.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
What number are we up to now? I'll update the title.

Chairman Steve

Commentators are bantering us by keeping an exact number of corners we’ve racked up. I hope the match going fans have a tongue in cheek chant ready to sing when the day does come.

Its irksome watching Maguire regularly scoring headers in from corners for England, yet he regularly balloons it over in a United shirt.