100m budget for 2019 Summer window

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
So you're saying we are bidding for players we have no real intention of signing? This is what you're willing to beleive in order to make £100mil a possible budget. It's frankly pretty stupid to disregard genuine attempts to sign a player in order to make this feasible. Explain to me then, why we are making these offers if we have this budget? Actually qualify your theory. I've asked you to do this a few times now and you've not done so.

£130mil isn't 'around' £100mil.
Well, we haven't signed them yet. Bidding means nothing though ? If we sign Bruno without selling a big name , I am more than happy to accept this was all BS.

I don't have answer for your question because it doesn't exist yet. We will get a clear picture when the window is closed.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Well, we haven't signed them yet. Bidding means nothing though ? If we sign Bruno without selling a big name , I am more than happy to accept this was all BS.

I don't have answer for your question because it doesn't exist yet. We will get a clear picture when the window is closed.
So that leaves us two options. You either beleive we are making offers for players we have zero intention of signing. Or you beleive a budget is dictated by how much you spend, not how much you have to spend. Which is it? If it's neither, then outline what exactly you think is happening.

Even you must realise how ridiculous this is starting to sound.

C'est Moi Cantona

In

Daniel James
: £15m
Aaron Wan-Bissaka: £45m
Harry Maguire: £80m
Paulo Dybala: Swap Deal

£140m

Out

Ander Herrera: Released
Antonio Valencia: Released
Romelu Lukaku: Swap Deal
Matteo Darmian: £10m~
J.Pereira: Loan

£10m

Net Spend: £130m~

We're all laughing and calling it shit, but if we signed no one else and sold one more player, it isn't like we're smashing the imaginary £100m budget either. It's probably not that far off.
Are we not allowed to Fellaini into this as well?

It's also been reported that a CB will likely be shipped out now we've got Maguire, if that was Smalling then we're looking at £20 million there. The point been it isn't as unlikely as everyone makes out.

Not that £100 million net is an issue, it's a very healthy budget when spent right.

It's also been reported that a CB will likely be shipped out now we've got Maguire, if that was Smalling then we're looking at £20 million there. The point been it isn't as unlikely as everyone makes out.

Not that £100 million net is an issue, it's a very healthy budget when spent right.
Get rid of Rojo for £15m ish - and that’s a bloody good transfer window.

Halftrack

Maguire,Longstaff, AWB,James all between 100-120m subject to sales . Key word is budget for this year means we could still pay part of the fees next year like Arsenal has done (which will come under next year budget).

Now if we splash the cash on Bruno, then we can confirm it it was all BS.
Transfers are amortised over the length of the player's contract, so a fee will always be divided over several years. Maguire at £85m on a 5-year deal will add £17m to our transfer spend in this year's budget.

Clubs generally don't operate with a set budget, so when journos report that a club has warchest of £Xm, they're talking out of their ass.

devlinadl

Transfers are amortised over the length of the player's contract, so a fee will always be divided over several years. Maguire at £85m on a 5-year deal will add £17m to our transfer spend in this year's budget.

Clubs generally don't operate with a set budget, so when journos report that a club has warchest of £Xm, they're talking out of their ass.
If that if the approach you want to take, you need to add the last four years of transfers to this year’s budget, because the club is still amortising those transfer fees.

Halftrack

If that if the approach you want to take, you need to add the last four years of transfers to this year’s budget, because the club is still amortising those transfer fees.
That's not the approach I'm taking, it's what United (and every other football club) does.

We might pay the whole fee in one go, but it's still going into the budget as £17m per year for the next five years.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Pogba to Madrid has gone suspiciously quiet. Expect things to ramp up after the PL window closes, especially if we sign an attacking midfielder. We'll recoup some funds somehow.

RkkMan

Pogba to Madrid has gone suspiciously quiet. Expect things to ramp up after the PL window closes, especially if we sign an attacking midfielder. We'll recoup some funds somehow.
Madrid are signing Van De Beek hence why things are quiet Pogba is staying regardless

Havak

Pokemon master

I believe that January transfers are usually included in the Summer before for a yearly budget, but I also believe that a lot of transfers have staggered payments and add-ons which can increase or decrease what a club spends year on year. This may have something to do with why Mourinho was only given quite a small amount in his final season, but this is probably the kind of thing we'll never know unless manager's come out and say it. I do also believe that the budget for a season includes January, so this could be seen as further evidence to £100m being bogus, although it can work both ways. What if we went into the season with a net spend of £130m, but all we do in January is sell say, Rojo or Sanchez and get a good fee for them? And it turns out we spent £110m~ for the 19/20 season? But we could perhaps also pinch Longstaff from Newcastle in January and end up spending £150m+, who knows?

We currently have a squad of 27 players that need to be registered if we wish to use them in the Premier League (including Maguire). This of course instantly means that we need to remove two players from our squad somehow. It doesn't necessarily have to be sales, loans could also happen, but I am expecting at least Darmian to be shipped out. It seems strange that he is basically invisible at the moment. He hasn't been included in our squad for the AC Milan friendly tomorrow and he missed the trip to Norway. Neither the club nor Ole has commented on this, so I doubt there is an injury. I'll be amazed if he isn't sold. We have four goalkeepers, so I expect J.Pereira to go on loan and Grant will just run down his last year and leave on a free next Summer. This gets our squad down to 25 and unless there is a good offer or the club really does need to spend less, then I don't see a reason why the club will be actively looking to sell more players and decrease the size of ou squad. You can understand it from the board's point of view, they see players as assets and if they're not going to need the money they won't sell a player for the sake of it that simply decreases the depth of the squad unless that money is seen as impossible to refuse, or a player is forcing their way out through a request or the like.

It'll be interesting to see our player registration, as if we make it to August 8th and still have 27 players or perhaps even more if we do sign Bruno or Longstaff, some players will have to be left off the list and that will surely be a massive indicator that they are moving on in some way? I think it's an interesting discussion and while I think our net spend is going to float closer to £100m than a lot of people think when they do their Football Manager style transfer lists, I don't believe the club is restricted to spending £100m net this season. Look at Arsenal, apparently, they only had £45m but they've just spent £72m+ on a single player along with buying a couple of others and are looking at at least a few more who will be in excess of £20m. It could even be a tactic to try and convince selling clubs you aren't as rich as they think.

bond19821982

So that leaves us two options. You either beleive we are making offers for players we have zero intention of signing. Or you beleive a budget is dictated by how much you spend, not how much you have to spend. Which is it? If it's neither, then outline what exactly you think is happening.

Even you must realise how ridiculous this is starting to sound.
No, I never said that. You are the one who keep saying all the bids we make are part of our budget which may be or may not be correct. I am more realistic and rather wait for window to end to make a call.

Assuming we get Dybala done, a top CM in, and don't sell Pogba to pay for it, then I'd agree, but that's a big if.
Add in the new contract for DDG, and it could be fantastic.

I don’t think we will get a top CM, perhaps Longstaff. We can’t do everything on one summer. Next year it could be getting rid of Matic for a decent CM and quality RW.

ivaldo

No, I never said that. You are the one who keep saying all the bids we make are part of our budget which may be or may not be correct. I am more realistic and rather wait for window to end to make a call.
Because you won't qualify anything. I have, repeatedly, asked you to do so and you flat wont. Why? Because you can't. You know this, I know this. You say you'd rather wait, yet you're here scrambling to try and make this fit your £100m budget. :lol:

bond19821982

Because you won't qualify anything. I have, repeatedly, asked you to do so and you flat wont. Why? Because you can't. You know this, I know this. You say you'd rather wait, yet you're here scrambling to try and make this fit your £100m budget. :lol:
I can't and that's a fact. It's because we don't have the data. Neither of us are right or wrong now until we have the final data with us on Sep 1.

Edit - the same applies for you as well.

ivaldo

I can't and that's a fact. It's because we don't have the data. Neither of us are right or wrong now until we have the final data with us on Sep 1.

Edit - the same applies for you as well.
Accept I have supplementary evidence to back me up. You have a tweet.

bond19821982

Accept I have supplementary evidence to back me up. You have a tweet.
No you don't. Yours so Called evidence is as good or bad as mine. Fact is no one knows until the window is closed.

At least I am basing my thoughts based on our last 4-5 years of data while you are producing some random tabloid transfer bids that we may or may not have made.

Last edited:

Dangles

The majority of transfers payments are broken down in instalments over a number of years. We're likely still paying fees for players we've long sold and receiving fees for players who by now have moved clubs twice over. So if there is a budget it will be based on how much we can afford this window based on prior commitments and expected income from previous deals plus whatever else can be allocated this financial year. It's not going to be based on the total and collective transfer value of everyone we're signing, just what's required to be paid this year for them.

ivaldo

No you don't. Yours so Called evidence is as good or bad as mine. Fact is no one knows until the window is closed.

At least I am basing my thoughts based on our last 4-5 years of data while you are producing some random tabloid transfer bids that we may or may not have made.
You're using what happened in previous years to guess a budget for this year, of which we have currently spent way over this bullshit budget. Yeah that's how budgets work. Much better. :lol:

bond19821982

You're using what happened in previous years to guess a budget for this year, of which we have currently spent way over this bullshit budget. Yeah that's how budgets work. Much better. :lol:
And you are adding all the imaginary bids that may have never happened this year assuming it's part of this year budget - much better !

I see that you are back to the original point where we spent more than 100 this year. Given that I already explained how this may be working and you don't seem to get it, there is no point in going further. Unless you have a new discussion point, I wouldn't be discussing it further.

So talk to you on Sep 1 on this topic.

ivaldo

And you are adding all the imaginary bids that may have never happened this year assuming it's part of this year budget - much better !

I see that you are back to the original point where we spent more than 100 this year. Given that I already explained how this may be working and you don't seem to get it, there is no point in going further. Unless you have a new discussion point, I wouldn't be discussing it further.

So talk to you on Sep 1 on this topic.
Yeah right. The owner and the manager have been forced to make public statements about the player not being for sale because of imaginary bids. :wenger:

Don't seem to get it? First you said £130mil was around £100m. Brilliant. Then you said that it must be amortised payments keeping the budget below £100m while simultaneously refusing to incorporate previous structured payments into this years budget. Brilliant. Then you said we will likely sell £30mil worth of players without replacing them in this window. Brilliant. I'm still waiting for your suggestions on these by the way. I've asked 3 times now.

So my observations are based the fact we have, you know, actually spent over £100mil, while having very reliable sources state we have had previous bids rejected and are still looking to add players to our team, which backs up original statements made by our manager. Yours are based on a single tweet by ESPN that doesn't even state who their 'sauces' are. The best bit is one of ESPNs own 'experts' has already come out and said it was wrong! :lol: I've asked on multiples occasions for you to elaborate and you've refused to do so. Time and time again you've ignored it hoping I won't notice. You're feverishly clinging to this thread and can't admit when you're wrong. No surprise. Bye.

Last edited:

Emzreus

Wow. Looks like this is potentially accurate. With the briefing that we might not replace lukaku if he's sold as expected, his fee covers Maguire's and alluva sudden its just the wan bissaka and James fees.

Sad.:(:(

Lynty

Looks like it was legit.

Good window considering.

£100m plus Pogba money next season will hopefully get us a revamped midfield and goalscoring winger

Revan

Assumptionman
Looks like it was legit.

Good window considering.

£100m plus Pogba money next season will hopefully get us a revamped midfield and goalscoring winger
No it wasn't. Unless we somehow put Juventus in the game and made the entire Dybala-Lukaku story. You realize that also the players need to want to come here, right?

People are going crazy here. Ed should just spend 80m in Andry Carroll to make the muppets happy.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Looks like it was legit.

Good window considering.

Hows that? We've spent 145m so far

charlenefan

selling Lukaku and we are under 100m
If we sell Lukaku and that's a big if especially as it seemed like the best way of getting rid of him was to actually do a straight swap so no money

Castia

If we sell Lukaku and that's a big if especially as it seemed like the best way of getting rid of him was to actually do a straight swap so no money

He’s not even training with the club days before the first game of the season he’s 100% off.

Lynty

No it wasn't. Unless we somehow put Juventus in the game and made the entire Dybala-Lukaku story. You realize that also the players need to want to come here, right?

People are going crazy here. Ed should just spend 80m in Andry Carroll to make the muppets happy.
Hows that? We've spent 145m so far
Looks like Lukaku is going regardless. His transfer will recoup the defecit.

It seems as if we had planned our targets from the start and knew how much it was going to take to get them, which explains the no real interest in chasing a midfielder (other than a low offer for Longstaff)

charlenefan

It seems as if we had planned our targets from the start and knew how much it was going to take to get them, which explains the no real interest in chasing a midfielder (other than a low offer for Longstaff)
Again if selling Lukaku was vital in balancing the books why were we actively involved in a swap deal?

Face it the report was bull shit

Revan

Assumptionman

We are currently at 140m pounds spent (net). If Dybala decided to come here (after Juve accepted the swap) then it would have been higher (cause reports were saying it was gonna be Lukaku + 10/15m for Dybala).

What are we supposed to do now? Just to spend money for the sake of spending money and to say that hey, we spend more than 100m?!