11 players want to leave, 17 players want to leave.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Not a chance in hell Ronaldo is staying to play in the europa league. Probably has something in his contract that gets him the feck out of there if that happens.
In terms of Champions League clubs there's only one - PSG - that could both want him and pay his wages. Can't really see him going there playing alongside Messi. Other options are to go back to Sporting on low wages or play in the MLS.

AaronRedDevil

In terms of Champions League clubs there's only one - PSG - that could both want him and pay his wages. Can't really see him going there playing alongside Messi. Other options are to go back to Sporting on low wages or play in the MLS.
I think PSG is the only team left. Plus they'd love the idea of Ronaldo and Messi playing together. If they lose Mbappe, I can see it happening. Reckon Ronaldo might be at least intrigued by it. Easy league, so he doesn't have to work his ass off..

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
New manager, clean slate bs and most of them will end up staying.

jesperjaap

Grant, Henderson, Bailly, Tuanzabe, Pogba, Mata, Lingard, Pereira, VDB, Ronaldo, Martial, Cavani, Chong - 13 - 14 if Greenwood goes to in the summer but maybe too early for court cases etc

Jones, Maguire, DAlot, Williams, Fred, Matic, Rashford should all leave as well in my opinion but shockingly I think Jones will still be here, Bailly I am not so sure leave so may be on this part

tjb

Grant, Henderson, Bailly, Tuanzabe, Pogba, Mata, Lingard, Pereira, VDB, Ronaldo, Martial, Cavani, Chong - 13 - 14 if Greenwood goes to in the summer but maybe too early for court cases etc

Jones, Maguire, DAlot, Williams, Fred, Matic, Rashford should all leave as well in my opinion but shockingly I think Jones will still be here, Bailly I am not so sure leave so may be on this part
Funny enough, when you look at it, it's nowhere near as bad as is being made out.

One of our key issues has been the lack of trust in our depth. Outside of Greenwood and Ronaldo, none of these players have been consistent features in our team ( even Pogba). We've more or less been managing without them. Ronaldo has had major issues fitting into the team Greenwood is a bit miss and a lot was out into developing him as a player. Hopefully Amad can shine through.

We also have Elanga Hannibal, Garner, Mengi and Laird who can fill in some of those squad roles in the mean time. If we sign the right players in the summer, we can also expect to have Fred, Matic, Elanga, Mctominay, Maguire, Dalot and Telles as more senior depth options.

We need two CM's and a forward this summer. If we have a bit more spending power ( or quality recruitment transfers) we could also add one to two additional signings ( maybe another forward, centre back or full back, depending on what we can get). I would love to see how another manager would use our backline with the current players we have. I also hope we can push Rashford into a centre forward role.

There are many teams who don't have to have 200m + transfers windows to get up the table. It's about time we actually try to balance the squad with actual value and drop some of these exagerrated wages.

eselfor

Cavani, Pogba, Lingard, Jones, Matic and Mata are out of contract and will either not sign or not be offered a new deal.

Henderson and Tuanzebe will probably go looking for first team football.

I think we're stuck with Martial
Jones has two years left on his contract. Matic still has a year left.

Red00012

You remember the headlines.

It seems from the comments in various threads that many here would be happy to see a large scale clear out.

Now, let's have a little competition.

How many first team squad members will leave, that is be sold, or leave on a free over the summer ? I fear that we are going to be disappointed.

I am going for 5.

Let's make this better:- name the players.

Mata, Matic, Grant, Van d Beek, Williams.
Matic has another left and you left out Lingard and pogba

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Tuanzebe - Permanent or loan w/obligation
Henderson - Loan
Pereira - Permanent
Pogba - Free
Lingard - Free
Mata - Free
Bailly- Permanent or loan w/obligation
Ronaldo - Mutual termination
Cavani - Free
Greenwood - Termination
Grant - Released
Jones - Loan
Chong - Permanent
Amad - Loan

I think Matic (one year left), Martial (high wages), and VdB will all stay to be assessed by the new manager.

To cover squad deficiencies and fill holes we will need to bring in a reserve GK, a CB, a DM, a CM, and two forwards, one versatile, one a true 9.

We need a RB stat but I think with other priorities that’s probably wishful thinking this summer.

I haven’t even gotten into the potential to move on characters like Maguire or Shaw, who are potentially dressing room poison. There are just too many fires to fight at once. Have to put out the worst ones first.

The job facing the new manager is fecking massive, but on the plus side, expectations couldn’t be lower, so maybe just maybe this is rock bottom.

van Nistelrooy

Permanent Departures (6):
  • Cavani
  • Grant
  • Mata
  • Pereira
  • Ronaldo (In the absence of CL football next season)
  • Tuanzebe
Notable Loan Departures:
  • Bailly
  • Henderson
New Contracts:
  • Lingard
  • Pogba
As my predictions suggest, our 'clear-out' will be underwhelming at best. We're going to take far too long to appoint a manager and then use that as an excuse to delay our transfer activity. The appointed manager will take weeks on end to evaluate the squad during pre-season and use a host of buzz words to describe how impressed he is with the squad, whilst they model our new selection of kits.

In the end, we'll end up splashing the majority of our transfer budget on a new attacker to replace the void left by Cavani, Greenwood and possibly Ronaldo. With the addition of a back-up goalkeeper to challenge Heaton for domestic cup games, a young centre-back understudy to Maguire and some little known right-back. Our centre midfield problem will go unsolved.

Contract rebels Lingard and Pogba will show glimmers of worth during our end of season battle for Top 4 and be rewarded with new deals. Pogba most likely signing in the absence of lucrative offers on the table from other clubs. United's social media channels parade them both as new signings. Current loanees: Martial, van de Beek, Williams return as 'important squad players', yet finish the season with a lack of first-team football. Garner starts the new season as a member of the squad, yet leaves on loan again during the January transfer window.

Interested to see how close to reality my predictions come.

Rampant Red Rodriguez

Scared of women, so hates them.
I think Hendo will stay, we have alot of players leaving as it is without another leaving. He will be a headache for another summer.

I think Ronaldo will also stay for the above reasons and because his marketing value at the club. But I really do hope he checks himself out of this club.

Chong, Periera, Lingard, Mata, Pogba, Cavani for sure are all outs.

Jones has a year left on his contract and will then leave on a freebie, Bailiy has a few years to go on his contract. Matic not just yet, prob next year.

Tom Heaton deal I didn't understand, but I think he will stay until the end of his deal next year..

So that by my guesstimate is 5 guaranteed out.. 6 because I think its time to let Tuanzebe cut his club apron strings..

Martial and Van der Beek maybe because they will struggle for playing time in the current set up..

Quite a few out by many estimates ey

Martial, Amad, Pellistri, Mengi I'm not sure about..

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
In terms of likeliness of leaving:

Definitely:
- Lingard
- Cavani
- Greenwood

Highly likely:
- Henderson (unhappy)
- Matial (unhappy)
- VDB (unhappy)
- Pogba (no sign of extending his contract here)

Maybe:
- Matic (too old)
- Mata (too old)
- Ronaldo (depends on CL football next season)
- Rashford (he is considering leaving)
- Jones (we should let him go)
- Tuanzebe (no future here)
- Bailly (not happy on bench)
- William (no future here)
- Pereira (no future here)

Hopefully:
- Maguire (Club not likely to sell him, but he is costing us too many games)

Last edited:

Abraxas

It will be more than usual simply because it is unavoidable. We don't need any acumen or skill in the market to release a player.

The question is to what extent we can remove some the bigger obstacles. Martial being top of the list. VdB possibly close behind. A few of the never used CBs that are not appealing to other clubs. These will be tricky.

My guess is in the region of 7-8 will leave from the current squad. Not including those out on loan.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
  • Ronaldo
  • Cavani
  • Mata
  • Pogba
  • Lingard
These to leave for sure. List below possibly on loan or small chance to sell.
  • Henderson
  • Pereira
  • Amad
  • Van de Beek
  • Bailly
  • Williams
  • Tuanzebe
The rest are staying.

Nicolarra90

I think PSG is the only team left. Plus they'd love the idea of Ronaldo and Messi playing together. If they lose Mbappe, I can see it happening. Reckon Ronaldo might be at least intrigued by it. Easy league, so he doesn't have to work his ass off..
Easy when having Mbappe. Replace him with Ronaldo and the difference will show.

BootsyCollins

Henderson, Grant, Jones, Bailly, Matic, Dvb, Pogba, Mata, Jesse, Greenwood, Cavani, Ronaldo, Martial will leave. Well one will have his contract terminated.

Leaves us with this :
DDG, second GK, Third GK
Dalot, AWB
Harry, Victor, Varane
Shaw, Telles
Fred, McT, Bruno
Sancho, Elanga, Rashford

jesperjaap

Funny enough, when you look at it, it's nowhere near as bad as is being made out.

One of our key issues has been the lack of trust in our depth. Outside of Greenwood and Ronaldo, none of these players have been consistent features in our team ( even Pogba). We've more or less been managing without them. Ronaldo has had major issues fitting into the team Greenwood is a bit miss and a lot was out into developing him as a player. Hopefully Amad can shine through.

We also have Elanga Hannibal, Garner, Mengi and Laird who can fill in some of those squad roles in the mean time. If we sign the right players in the summer, we can also expect to have Fred, Matic, Elanga, Mctominay, Maguire, Dalot and Telles as more senior depth options.

We need two CM's and a forward this summer. If we have a bit more spending power ( or quality recruitment transfers) we could also add one to two additional signings ( maybe another forward, centre back or full back, depending on what we can get). I would love to see how another manager would use our backline with the current players we have. I also hope we can push Rashford into a centre forward role.

There are many teams who don't have to have 200m + transfers windows to get up the table. It's about time we actually try to balance the squad with actual value and drop some of these exagerrated wages.
Yes in terms of numbers its not that bad even if lots leave, as you say there are not really any consistent performers currently....but I still dont see that as a management thing whoever comes in. What the big problem is for me, is first eleven performances consistently and in terms of that its dire if nobody goes or lots go.

Thats why I disagree with you on incomings. For me a cb, 2 x cm, rw, cf is the bare minimum we need to progress next season and they need to be quality (not big names tho)

'77FACup

Henderson

Williams Jones Bailly Telles

Matic

Mata Pogba

Lingard Martial

Cavani

tjb

Yes in terms of numbers its not that bad even if lots leave, as you say there are not really any consistent performers currently....but I still dont see that as a management thing whoever comes in. What the big problem is for me, is first eleven performances consistently and in terms of that its dire if nobody goes or lots go.

Thats why I disagree with you on incomings. For me a cb, 2 x cm, rw, cf is the bare minimum we need to progress next season and they need to be quality (not big names tho)
I think people underestimate how bad the midfield is and how important a midfield is to any team. We have decent attackers and defenders and can get by for a season without doing too much in those areas. I don't trust Rashford, but I do think he's a good player in bad form which is why I said we should get another forward.

We can't retain, regain possession, keep pressure or block against the counter....that is all on the midfield. It's why despite having average youngsters, Arsenal can win by margins. Xhaka and Partey are miles better than what we have. Same thing goes for Chelsea. Lukaku has been off form all year, as have their attackers in general, yet they can still dominate games. It's unrealistic to think we can spend 300m every summer. Something needs to give. We need to let go of our bad players, give youth a year of opportunity and fill in the most needed positions. We can't buy a new first Xi and should not focus on positions that we don't have key issues in. Shaw can play at left back and has proven it in the past. Lindelof and Maguire were both instrumental in finishing second, partnering Varane they should at least last a season. Losing Greenwood is a miss, plus with an aging attack, a new attacker is needed. However that midfield is what is so dire about us. Solve that and our team would look a million times better than now. In addition, clearing the dressing room from experienced complainers with huge wages (Cavani and Ronaldo), a selfish star ( Pogba), and the mass of ungrateful benchwarmers should bring a new look and feel to the squad. We may not win the league next year, but at least we wouldn't be paying undeserving talent.

DickDastardly

Uuuuuh, lovely competition.

I'm gonna go wiiiiith....10.

Lingard
Pogba
Martial
Henderson
Greenwood
Cavani
Williams
Perreira
Bailly
Tuanzebe

RiqCantona

Henderson
Bailly
Jones
Tuanzebe
Matic
Mata
Pogba
Lingard
Pereira
VdB
Cavani

That's realistically the 11. Ronaldo probably as well, but that's 50-50.

sparx99

If it was up to me.

Sold
De Gea (I know he's been our player of the season but he always is when we are crap. When we are a better side he switches off, has never commanded the penalty area well and his distribution isn't good enough for top teams)
AWB
Maguire
Bailly
Matic
Pereira
Chong
Williams
Martial
Van de Beek

Released
Lingard
Pogba
Cavani
Grant
Mata
Jones (I know he has a contract but just buy him out already)

Remaining Squad
Henderson
Heaton

Dalot

Shaw
Telles

Lindelof
Varane
Tuanzebe
Mengi

Fred
McTominay
Garner
Mejbri

Amad
Elanga
Rashford
Sancho

Ronaldo (depends on CL but if we qualify I think we just ride out his last year)
McNeill
Hugill

Six Signings - The priority for me needs to be technique and comfort in possession. Pressing is important but our technique isn't good enough across the team. AWB, Maguire, Fred, McTominay, Bruno, Rashford, Ronaldo we have way too many players who turn the ball over.

RB - Livramento/Mazraoui
CB - Botman/Gvardiol
CM - Tchouameni/Rice
CM - Tielemans/Gravenberch
AM/Winger - Nkunku/Antony
ST - Darwin Nunez/Isak

I don't know or care if those signings are realistic. I've avoided completely unrealistic ones like Mbappe or Haaland but if we truly wanted to change the feeling around the group and give the new guy a fighting chance we need to cull properly. We can't keep having people on big money underperforming or otherwise just hanging around (Mata, Matic, Jones etc) when young players need opportunities as well.

Jacob

Heard it before, 'summer clear-out'. Have we ever released more than two in a window?

Get rid of (16) : Mata, Matic, Pogba, Ronaldo, Cavani, Lingard, Bailly, Maguire, AWB, Pereira, Martial, Greenwood, DDG, Jones, Tuanzebe, Williams

Remaining squad (25):

Henderson, Heaton, Grant

Dalot, Laird
New CB, Lindelöf
Varane, Mengi
Shaw, Telles

New DM, McTominay
New CM, Garner, Fred
Bruno, Mejbri, Iqbal

Sancho, Shoretire
Elanga, Amad
New ST, Rashford

Incomers: Araujo (CB), Neves/Rice (DM), Tielemans (CM), Isak (ST)

Potential lineup:
Henderson
Dalot ------------- Varane ----------- Araujo ----------- Shaw
Rice
Tielemans ------------- Bruno
Sancho ---------------------- Isak ---------------- Elanga

Bench: Heaton, Laird, Lindelöf, Telles, Fred, Mejbri, Amad, Rashford

Another mediocre year (depending on who we get as incomings). Our current squad is roughly 36 people! Bloated doesn't begin to describe it.

[/Fantasy]

Last edited:

The Urban Goose

I am going for 12

Pogba
Ronaldo
Lingard
Cavani
Mata
Henderson
Tuanzebe
Andreas
Vand de Beek
Bailly
Chong
Jones this is the year
I agree, and all of those can be replaced with just two players - a CM and a striker.

Of course, we need more than that to further improve the first XI, but that's just to replace the above.

kthanksbye

We're going to sell some deadwood, some players who are bordering deadwood will become deadwood next season, we'll buy more players who will become deadwood the year after. Rinse and repeat. Naming them is just a mere detail.

SandyRavage

Outgoing:
Cavani
Lingard
Henderson
Pogba
Ronaldo (if no CL)
Jones
Pereira
Mata
Chong
Grant
Maguire + AWB (most likely not but one can dream)

VDB certain to stay if ETH comes in. He should atleast get another season to prove himself as he's shown there's a baller in him.

As for incoming players I hope Ralf will get the opportunity to influence as he's proven capable in discovering great players for value rather than buying so-called superstars as we've done up until now.

croadyman

You remember the headlines.

It seems from the comments in various threads that many here would be happy to see a large scale clear out.

Now, let's have a little competition.

How many first team squad members will leave, that is be sold, or leave on a free over the summer ? I fear that we are going to be disappointed.

I am going for 5.

Let's make this better:- name the players.

Mata, Matic, Grant, Van d Beek, Williams.
Jesus that is no clear out at all but with these clowns wouldn't be the least bit surprised

croadyman

I'd like to see three quarters dispersed with, but given how things have been I suspect: Henderson, Mata, Bailly, Tuanzebe, Pogba, Lingard, Cavani, Pereira. With all the others given yet another season to prove themselves and we'll continue seeing dressing room leaks once a new manager has failed to get a tune out of the toxic bunch.
Yeah they will all be spitting their dummies out because either Pochettino can't win a big game or Ten Hag is making them run their little legs off in training. God they are pampered and precious which really bloody annoys me.

croadyman

You do realise about 5 are out of contract?

Mata, Matic, Lingaard, Pogba, Cavani

Personally I'd also sell

Henderson, Martial, Bailly and Rashford

That's be most of the Ego's, Bad attitudes, Lazys and bad eggs removed

Promote Diallo, Garner, Laird, Hannibel and Shoretire

And sign a good defensive mid, a striker and a centre back who have the correct attitude and mentality, preferably leadership quality's, then build from there.
Still need to upgrade AWB and sign someone who actually wants to play on the RW

diarm

Definitely
Grant
Williams
Pereira
Chong
Pogba
Lingard
Greenwood
Cavani

Probably
Henderson
Bailly
Tuanzebe
Martial

I wouldn't be stunned if Jones, Van de Beek and Ronaldo left as well.

sideshowbob

We’ve heard it before but I think this summer will be different with Ralf hopefully involved.

Definites - Grant, Jones, Bailly, Tuanzebe, Mata, Matic, Lingard, Pogba, Cavani, Ronaldo

Who I’d also like sold - AWB, Telles, Martial, VDB, Rashford, DDG
(not saying Henderson’s the answer but DDG just can’t command his box or distribute well enough if we want a reset - would give Hendo a year

Realistic ins: Akanji/Schlotterbeck, Kamara (would prefer Rice), Tielemans, Nkunku, Isak/Nunez

Promote: Laird, Hannibal, Bernard, Mengi, Garner

Squad would look like:

Henderson, Heaton, 3rd GK

Dalot Laird
Varane Akanji Mengi
Lindelof Maguire Bernard
Shaw Williams

Kamara, Garner, McT
Tielemans, Fred
Bruno, Hannibal

Sancho Amad
Nunez Nkunku (very versatile)
Elanga Rashford

leaves some positions and players to address in the future but would be a good start.

Waynne

New manager, clean slate bs and most of them will end up staying.
Exactly what will happen.

Our club is too inept to make the tough decisions. I'll take a comfy mid-table spot for the next two years if it meant there was genuine progress behind the scenes to see us challenge for top honors in 3 or 4 years.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Exactly what will happen.

Our club is too inept to make the tough decisions. I'll take a comfy mid-table spot for the next two years if it meant there was genuine progress behind the scenes to see us challenge for top honors in 3 or 4 years.
People are getting carried away making long lists of players leaving. They don't understand that the club treats them as assets(regardless of how poor they are) and would readily give them silly wages in order to keep them and also avoiding themselves to dive deep into the transfer market.

This club renewed contracts of so many players that should have been shipped ages ago. Its not a football club, pure business. And with that perspective, I cant see them letting players go. They are incapable of selling for a good fee anyways. They would rather let a player rot than sell below their nonsensical valuation.

ZenMaster Coltrane

People are getting carried away making long lists of players leaving. They don't understand that the club treats them as assets(regardless of how poor they are) and would readily give them silly wages in order to keep them and also avoiding themselves to dive deep into the transfer market.

This club renewed contracts of so many players that should have been shipped ages ago. Its not a football club, pure business. And with that perspective, I cant see them letting players go. They are incapable of selling for a good fee anyways. They would rather let a player rot than sell below their nonsensical valuation.
What's a realistic over/under on signings? With how this club operate, I think 4 would be lucky. Obviously, this club isn't going to the summit with these owners, but even if you're looking for marked improvement, it's more like 6, which will most definitely not happen if they try for a huge money transfer like Rice. So 6 at an average of 40 mil would take you to 240. If they were actually ruthless and had some foresight, they would sell Rashford and that would lower the overall cost of the window.