15 from 5

Le Red

After a good victory against Norwich, and looking at the next fixtures, we have been handed a great opportunity to get 15 points from 5 games, which would not only rocket us up the ladder, but also give the team a much needed moral boost right before facing Spurs and City.
These are the fixtures:

Norwich (A) - 3x1
Bournemouth (A)
Brighton (H)
Sheffield U. (A)
Aston Villa (H)

Do we have what it takes to win all these matches in a row?
Was the Norwich match yet another "flatter to deceive" moment?
Where do you see us going if we start a winning streak? Will the team be able to sustain it and not implode like it did after PSG?

Tarrou

Its a nice run of games for sure but Bournemouth away won't be easy

We should be able to win them all but judging by form, we'll come unstuck in at least two of them

Le Red

Its a nice run of games for sure but Bournemouth away won't be easy
We should be able to win them all but judging by form, we'll come unstuck in at least two of them
True but they are having A bit of a stinker recently, no win in the last 4 PL matches, we should capitalize on that.

Find out in the next episode of DragonBall Z.
:lol:
Is Dan James our Sayan?

Varun

Staff
Don't think we'll beat Sheffield but I'd back to us to win the rest if players are fit.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
This reminds me of the thread that suggested, based off our fixtures, we could be top of the league going into October. As it happened, we were 14th.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
It's not the fixtures that will determine this, it's our own team. We're our own problem right now not the fixture list.

We have the players (on paper) to win all of them. But we've also got players that could throw any of them.

Lynty

Even with a squad almost fully fit, I think we'll drop points on this run.

Poor consistency is the consequence of such a young side. And before anyone points to Lampard and Chelsea, their wobble is coming

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Don't think we'll beat Sheffield but I'd back to us to win the rest if players are fit.
I'm assuming they have to play their second keeper against us?
Should weaken them a bit. They seem decent for a newly promoted team, though.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
I think you'll get past Sheffield, but genuinely think Brighton are capable of causing you problems, we're getting better with every game

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I think we’ll win 2 of them. With Martial back I’m cautiously optimistic that we won’t be as god awful as we have been, but I still think we’ll struggle creatively, and putting 3 past a terrible Norwich defence doesn’t really convince me we can do so against a solid Sheffield United, for example.

Crashoutcassius

If we put together any kind of run we will go into Christmas within a few points of top 4.

This squad is going to struggle over Christmas though. Will be interested to see if we can add something in that window, some depth or some new attacking threat

Smores

We/Ole will need at least 3 wins from that lot as a minimum. Bournemouth should be the only one that poses any trouble really.

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
Just need some momentum. The Liverpool and Norwich games have been an improvement. Bournemouth away is big now, if we could start to put some sort of run of form together...a bit of confidence would do this lot the power of good.

Varun

Staff
I'm assuming they have to play their second keeper against us?
Should weaken them a bit. They seem decent for a newly promoted team, though.
Yes.
I think you'll get past Sheffield, but genuinely think Brighton are capable of causing you problems, we're getting better with every game
Think everyone will cause us problems tbf, we aren't very good. Just think we'll have enough to get the win if we have players fit. Not a given by any stretch mind

Judas

Open to offers
There's no such thing as an easy game for this team at the moment, each game will feel like we're up against prime Barca due to the limitations we have.

PepsiCola

Sheffield will be without Deano so I think we'll get a win there.

Definitely 4 winnable games and coming away with 12 more points here could put us back in the race for top 4

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
After a good victory against Norwich, and looking at the next fixtures, we have been handed a great opportunity to get 15 points from 5 games, which would not only rocket us up the ladder, but also give the team a much needed moral boost right before facing Spurs and City.
These are the fixtures:

Norwich (A) - 3x1
Bournemouth (A)
Brighton (H)
Sheffield U. (A)
Aston Villa (H)

Do we have what it takes to win all these matches in a row?
Was the Norwich match yet another "flatter to deceive" moment?
Where do you see us going if we start a winning streak? Will the team be able to sustain it and not implode like it did after PSG?
I hope so because I think our 5 after that are:

City (A)
Everton (H)
Newcastle (H)
Arsenal (A)
Liverpool (A)

Id take 20 points out of those 10 games if we could - perhaps 15 from 10 is a more realistic ambition

Sylar

Bournemouth might play in a way that suits us. We 'should' win the two home games. I think Sheff U might be our most difficult game from that run. If we manage to play the same team as yesterday I think we can do it. If we are missing anybody from our front three we will struggle.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
A lot depends on Wednesday night, loose that with a 1st choice XI then we're back to square one, loose it with a 2nd choice XI then who knows, win it and they'll go bouncing into the Bournemouth game and I'd be confident of keeping the run going

Brighton aren't no mugs this season and given the home form that's hardly a given and Sheffield United will be very tough

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Do we reckon winning all 5 would put us back in a top 4 race, or are the other teams looking too strong?

binary bot
Bournemouth is pretty big. Win there and we'll them all. Lose and the pressure is massive on the next 3

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
We're an injury to Martial away from being bottom half contenders.

Doesn't matter who we play for me outside of the top 3 or 4, it matters who's on the pitch for us!

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
If you think its us v Arsenal and Spurs then we're in it right now
Leicester look strong contenders as well, they’ve picked up a lot of points and have a very good manager, think we’d have to get past them for a potential top 4 place.

TRUERED89

I don't think the others are as bad as Norwich.
Newcastle (lost 5-0 to LC), Crystal Palace, Southampton (Lost 9-0 to LC) are all comfortably worse than Norwich (beat City 3-2) where we lost 2 and drew 1. So beating Norwich with our current form was a great win, and will definitely boost confidence taking on equally worse sides like Aston Villa and Bournemouth.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
First time I watched Sheffield United play at home this season against Palace, I knew they will be a very difficult team to beat on their patch this season, particularly for us. They are so defensively aggressive and physical and leave little space. If we win, it will be by the skin of our teeth I suspect.

The rest I do not fear. We could really do with the option of Pogba magic, because that will likely be what would have decided some of these games, like Sheffield or Bourn. Tbh, it was Pogba magic in the last minute last season that dragged us out of it at Bournemouth.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
How many times have we seen these threads? I wonder if we have ever actually won all the games after someone has posted one of these?

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Newcastle (lost 5-0 to LC), Crystal Palace, Southampton (Lost 9-0 to LC) are all comfortably worse than Norwich (beat City 3-2) where we lost 2 and drew 1. So beating Norwich with our current form was a great win, and will definitely boost confidence taking on equally worse sides like Aston Villa and Bournemouth.
Norwich are the worst team we've played this season to be fair. Their defending is non existent and there's a reason they're 2nd bottom despite a freak win against City.

Not that I don't think we're capable of winning the upcoming games but I definitely can't see them being as easy. Anyone who can get the ball against Norwich will get chances. Other games we'll need to do a bit more.