19 children and 2 teachers killed in Texas school shooting (24 May 2022)

Frosty

Logical and sensible but turns women gay
There is overwhelming public support for increased gun laws, but, like with everything else important, it’s being controlled by the minority majority.
There is basically overwhelming support for the complete opposite of what the Supreme Court decides isn't there?

Pretty sure I saw something saying most Americans support campaign finance reform too.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
In the wake of this tragedy, gun sales in America will gonup. How fecked up is that?

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
There is basically overwhelming support for the complete opposite of what the Supreme Court decides isn't there?

Pretty sure I saw something saying most Americans support campaign finance reform too.
Yep. And freedom of choice. Etc. Etc. Etc.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
a bad time for alex jones. he’ll need to apply for another insolvency. feck the usa and every who rednecks in her. if it wasn’t for the parents i’d parade the dead bodies on every news outlet and make it clear that every pro gun totting nutcase there is complicit in every one of these.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
"Can I buy a six pack please?"

Hmm, how old are you?

"18"

Sorry, no you can't.

"OK, I guess I'll just take the assault rifle then."

RedDevil@84

In the wake of this tragedy, gun sales in America will gonup. How fecked up is that?
People have been brainwashed to believe that if they have 10 types of guns, then they are safer than if they have 2.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
To echo other's thoughts about Sandy Hook, at the time of the shooting (nearly 10 years ago), I was driving back from lunch to my office building less than an hour away from Newtown where the shooting occurred. A coworker called me with the terrible news, and I remember how sad I felt, and how dead the office was for the rest of the day as more news filtered in. A few coworkers lived in Newtown/Sandy Hook, I can't imagine what they were going through at the time.

And the naive part of me thought, "yup, this is the moment that will cause America to stop it's weird affair with guns". Columbine happened when I was 9, Virginia Tech happened when I was in college, and nothing happened, but these are little innocent children, 6 to 7 years old. Surely something has to change.

And the nation just brushed it off and kept it moving. I think the naive part of me with regards to this place died then.

So yeah, Onion tweet about guns, Jim Jeffries clip, thoughts and prayers, gun stores selling out of guns and ammo in response to this... I stopped giving a feck a long time ago.

Deery

Dreary
Imagine sending your child to school and them being viciously shot dead, the pain would never go away.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
Too many nut jobs in the American government

my father-in-law was one of the people to pick through the debris and bodies after the aberfan mining disaster in the 60s as a young lad. he was never the same after that. cnuts like that should be confronted with the carnage and see how they feel afterwards. anyone then incapable of having their beliefs and outlook changed by something like this shouldn’t be in a position of authority in the first place.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I just spoke to a guy I know who lives in America. I said nobody should have access to weapons that can kill multiple people in a few seconds. He said I should move to communist China. This is what you are dealing with.

Gandalf

Imagine sending your child to school and them being viciously shot dead, the pain would never go away.
Thinking it right now and probably going to be having a very serious discussion tonight about moving home. My youngest is just 7 and I cannot spend the next decade wondering if today is the day that his school is targeted. The obsession with guns here is fanatical, they will never introduce gun control laws.

my father-in-law was one of the people to pick through the debris and bodies after the aberfan mining disaster in the 60s as a young lad. he was never the same after that. cnuts like that should be confronted with the carnage and see how they feel afterwards. anyone then incapable of having their beliefs and outlook changed by something like this shouldn’t be in a position of authority in the first place.
I can imagine, I remember watching that episode on The Crown it was so heartbreaking

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Thinking it right now and probably going to be having a very serious discussion tonight about moving home. My youngest is just 7 and I cannot spend the next decade wondering if today is the day that his school is targeted. The obsession with guns here is fanatical, they will never introduce gun control laws.
Do it. I got out and my kids aren't yet in elementary school - I cannot imagine living in constant fear of something happening. It's already stressful enough stopping them from killing themselves; don't need an external threat looming as well.

Deery

Dreary
Don’t blame you at all, the risk is real.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Yeah, but put yourself in the shoes of someone who's relying on an endorsement from the NRA for a minute.

Mike Smalling

Heartbreaking. 2nd, 3rd and 4th graders FFS.

Nothing will happen. Everyone will react exactly as you would predict, and it won’t impact voting.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
As an English person the thought of this is so bizzare and alien. What a tragedy. It really defies logic how we have managed to end up here as a society.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I'd get the feck out of there personally

RedDevilQuebecois

Yep. It may rough for the dead, but I think the only way we can find out if those cnuts have any humanity left is to leave the dead bodies as they are and then make those politicians see the full extent of the horror.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Yep. It may rough for the dead, but I think the only way we can find out if those cnuts have any humanity left is to leave the dead bodies as they are and then make those politicians see the full extent of the horror.
If one of the deceased was the governor’s or senators from Texas, nothing would change.

BlueHaze

The era we live in now these shootings will just be on the rise every single year especially in the US where they seem hellbent on making no changes at all. I mean it's happening so often now you start to think they don't care one bit. Easy to say they condemn it and send their thoughts to the parents but those are just empty words.

Imagine being a parent now to a kid at that school, the place you send your kids to every single morning so they can get educated and have fun and now you have to call around asking if your kid is even alive. The world is such a fecked up place.

Tarrou

27 school shootings this year is insane

if I lived in America I'd be looking for a way out