g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

19 children and 2 teachers killed in Texas school shooting (24 May 2022)

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
And yeah Feck their god.
Because if there was a just god kids wouldn’t be killed so often and cnuts like trump and Cruz would be dead already of some painful disease.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Is it just me or do those cnuts in cowboy hats look stupid as hell? I thought cowboys portrayed toughness & grit?

Carolina Red

Staff
That training is consistent with the training my county’s sheriffs department conducted at my school a few years ago. We were invited to take part in it, so we would know what to expect from them.

Those shitheads in Uvalde just decided their asses were worth more than the kids.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
I'm not sure if this guy's stats are perfect but I've seen several posts that say per capita is worse in US for knives/sharp weapons.

But even if the UKs was worse per capita, imagine THAT being your justification for not listening to other countries who say the USs gun laws are a fundamental reason for mass murder of children?!

I got into a debate/argument with a guy years ago that brought up the knife angle. He tried to say if it wasn't guns, then they would use knives. But knives don't kill as efficiently. He tried to argue that knives are deadlier weapons than guns. I said, yes because militaries around the world choose knives over guns every time they go into combat. So then I asked him if knives are just good a weapon as a gun then why does anyone even need a gun? He started saying 2nd Amendment this and that. These people defy all logic and "mah guns" is essentially one of their key religious beliefs.

WPMUFC

The greatest trick the GOP has ever been able to pull and convince the populace is that "both sides" have no answers for mass shootings. They know they never have to answer to anyone at election time and so you get this absolute clown show of ideas about ballistic blankets, different doors, "good guys with guns", "not banning planes after 9/11". Just look at all the usual suspects, when is a moderate democrat ever going to unseat a ted cruz or a MTG? And because the democrats never get sweeping majorities they never get to pass anything whilst in power. So that's why these despicable losers can just glide away with their brain dead media soundbites. They can never be held accountable and because the average person doesn't give two fecks about politics, the narrative slowly but surely shifts across the country to "both sides cannot do anything".

SinNombre

The perpetator probably had an unstable upgrading where either he experienced an abusive childhood or one where he was the golden child of someone who was clearly lacking in human empathy.
Are there reliable stats on how many of these perps are from single parent or abusive childhoods?

Guns obviously are the biggest issue but I do wonder how much are the other factors responsible. Societal structure has broken and we live more isolated lives.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Statistically speaking, getting killed by a tornado is minuscule, yet my city invests millions in warning systems, shelters, and has building codes in place to ensure buildings can withstand a hit.

Statistically speaking, getting struck by lightning is minuscule, but I am still forced to leave a golf course, exit a stadium, etc. if a single lightning strike is visible in the area.

As a society we recognize that the danger of these events, no matter how minuscule they are, are worthy of governmental regulations and policy. This is not about the .00003 (or whatever)% being overblown, it is about the value of life (Young/old) having no real value when compared to the right to own guns.
Agreed and we aren't comparing one thing to another thing, both of which causing suffering and death and death, to decide if the lesser one requires action.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
I'm really mad just reading that. :mad:

The whole police department needs to be defunded, there are no words to describe how useless and cowards they are, It's baffling they were outside tackling parents doing nothing to stop the massacre.

choiboyx012

Carrick>Hargreaves
@Skizzo @choiboyx012

Is there any recourse for the parents of these kids of the Uvalde PD’s actions went directly against their training? (As this documentation seems to show)
I imagine they’ll sue the shit out of the city. They should do everything they can to identify and shame each officer that was present and didn’t go in to stop the threat. Sue each of them civilly even. If they went against policy and training, they should be terminated. Or if they have an ounce of integrity, they’ll resign voluntarily. Never have I been more disgusted and ashamed at fellow officers. As a father myself it’s inexcusable their inaction.

diarm

The greatest trick the GOP has ever been able to pull and convince the populace is that "both sides" have no answers for mass shootings. They know they never have to answer to anyone at election time and so you get this absolute clown show of ideas about ballistic blankets, different doors, "good guys with guns", "not banning planes after 9/11". Just look at all the usual suspects, when is a moderate democrat ever going to unseat a ted cruz or a MTG? And because the democrats never get sweeping majorities they never get to pass anything whilst in power. So that's why these despicable losers can just glide away with their brain dead media soundbites. They can never be held accountable and because the average person doesn't give two fecks about politics, the narrative slowly but surely shifts across the country to "both sides cannot do anything".
Why would they want answers?

Murdering kids is good business for the GOP. More profits for the NRA to line their pockets with and less young people around to vote against them in 10 years time.

Win, win.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
So these pathetic police were stopped by a locked door? I’m sure they’ve had no trouble busting into multiple places before. They just wimped out and decided to let a load of children die.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
For the sake of argument, let's say teachers get armed. What would conservatives say when a teacher guns down his classroom?
That the communist teacher was doing it as part of a crazy leftist agenda to try and undermine god's chosen nations patriotic right to bear arms

Qanon will then mathematically prove the number of bullets used proves china ordered aoc to pay the person to do it and they sold all the bodies to shapeshifting necro peados (probably killary)... but not to worry cos trumps gonna save us

Sensible reasoned debate isn't going to happen...

Not sure what the answer is but hopefully one that involves less guns in general circulation

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
From what I gather (some gun nut here might correct me), an AR-15 is a semi-auto rifle not too disimmilar from some hunting rifles, although more moddable, easier to use, etc. So they could ban whatever they count as an "assault rifle" and there would still be similar stuff out there.

It wont' stop everything, but it would still stop something. Its a step forward to at least adressing the gun culture kids fall into. They are much less likely to out and buy a Ruger Mini-14 when they turn 18 because it doens't look anywhere near as cool as an AR-15, despite being pretty much just as capable.

I don't think anyone is talking about banning AR's as if that will solve this problem, it it just one of many suggestions alongside background checks, waiting periods, licences, etc.
Even legislation with little material effect would indicate a cultural change. America's lack of legislation combined with it's historical glorification of guns and violence are contributing factors to their present gun culture.

Dr. StrangeHate

I can’t wait for Ted Cruz to die.
He is such a thundercnut, that I can without a doubt say, that his offspring and their offspring will be thundercnuts as well. His kind of thundercnutness doesn't dilute over a couple of generations.

MUW4Eva

It is a tough choice, but I would put Trump & Boris on level pegging in terms of utter crashness and my utter disdain for the pair of them.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
“A first responder unwilling to place the lives of the innocent above their own safety should consider another career field."

They're not fit for the job.
Perhaps they were all stood outside considering / chatting about it?

Does seem crazy with that many armed people (and recent scenario training) they didn't find a way to get in there.

Simbo

Are there reliable stats on how many of these perps are from single parent or abusive childhoods?

Guns obviously are the biggest issue but I do wonder how much are the other factors responsible. Societal structure has broken and we live more isolated lives.
60% of these perps have a documented history of domestic violence, apparently.

Withnail

The mental health argument against gun control is bizarre. Yes there is a mental health problem so background checks would mean these guys have less chance of getting their hands on guns.

Withnail

Perhaps they were all stood outside considering / chatting about it?

Does seem crazy with that many armed people (and recent scenario training) they didn't find a way to get in there.
I'm not sure what your point about chatting is. 19 armed police considering what to do for nearly an hour? Do you think that's a reasonable response in this situation?

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
I'm not sure what your point about chatting is. 19 armed police considering what to do for nearly an hour? Do you think that's a reasonable response in this situation?
My point is their written advise is (and I paraphrase as I don't have it in front of me) if you won't risk your life in a situation like the one that happened you should consider your career choice... I suspect a lawyer is going to argue they were having such discussions in accordance with the instructions

Personally I do not find acceptable or appropriate ... Just like I don't think it's acceptable or appropriate people could purchase assault rifles

Withnail

My point is their written advise is (and I paraphrase as I don't have it in front of me) if you won't risk your life in a situation like the one that happened you should consider your career choice... I suspect a lawyer is going to argue they were having such discussions in accordance with the instructions

Personally I do not find acceptable or appropriate ... Just like I don't think it's acceptable or appropriate people could purchase assault rifles
I'm not sure why we're talking about lawyers. I'd be shocked if charges were filed against any of them.
The police have already said that the officer in charge determined that it was no longer an active shooter incident which is nuts seeing as the kids were still calling 911 and they were right outside the door. Was there no communication between 911 and the officers or was it pure cowardice?

Carolina Red

Staff
I imagine they’ll sue the shit out of the city. They should do everything they can to identify and shame each officer that was present and didn’t go in to stop the threat. Sue each of them civilly even. If they went against policy and training, they should be terminated. Or if they have an ounce of integrity, they’ll resign voluntarily. Never have I been more disgusted and ashamed at fellow officers. As a father myself it’s inexcusable their inaction.
Gotcha. I was hoping that was the case.

I don’t see how Uvalde gets through this without ending up with a completely new police force. I mean…those guys have made themselves into public enemies #1-…? They’d be crazy to show their faces in that town again.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I'm not sure why we're talking about lawyers. I'd be shocked if charges were filed against any of them.
The police have already said that the officer in charge determined that it was no longer an active shooter incident which is nuts seeing as the kids were still calling 911 and they were right outside the door. Was there no communication between 911 and the officers or was it pure cowardice?
Apparently the 911 calls went to the city dispatch & not the school police dispatch & that’s where the disconnect occurred per an interview on MSNBC last night.

nimic

something nice
Scout
Apparently the 911 calls went to the city dispatch & not the school police dispatch & that’s where the disconnect occurred per an interview on MSNBC last night.
If anything, that only highlights their incompetence and negligence even more. More and more people are being revealed to have completely and utterly failed to do their job properly.