200m budget for this summer

Coops73

Pogbas family and agent spends 6 years slagging us off, Pogba stays quiet.
Tells us he is after another challenge after leading us to 6th
Let’s his contract run down to see if any other club wants him
fecks off to Dubai away from the clubs eyes every time he’s injured
Refuses to do the minimum amount of work that’s needed to be a PL top level midfielder.
is shocked that fans aren’t taking too kindly to him?
Pogba is symptomatic of everything that is wrong with this club and when he fecks off, United as a club, will finally be taking a step in the right direction, albeit a very small step.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Harry Maguire - £80m
Wan Bissaka - £50m
Dan James - £15m
Bruno Fernandes - £47m (rising to £66m)

£145m that summer. Total sum for that season = £192m.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
£200 million of deadwood to drown whoever the next manager is that follows ten Hag.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Pogba is symptomatic of everything that is wrong with this club and when he fecks off, United as a club, will finally be taking a step in the right direction, albeit a very small step.
On the day he resigned, I asked why people were so excited. He has filed to dominate the midfield against so many "smaller" teams let alone in big games. people here still back him and tell me he won the world cup world class? yes, a world-class waste of space

Nick.

This kind of budget can be stretched well. Laimer has a year left on his deal and would surely be available at a lower fee, while Kamara is outright available on a free. That leaves a good portion of money left for wide right and striker. Oh and Dembele is available on a free if the club really wanted him. This can definitely be stretched to four players if the club makes use of some of the free agents available this summer.

Hackman2210

Loads of top pros available on frees this summer = get one or two to bolster the squad. Garner will be back, Mejbri, Pellestri, Amad and Garnacho will be around the squad. I still think Greenwood has a future with us. Martial and VDB - not sure where those guys futures lie - away I'm guessing.
Whos actually out - Pogab, Linguard, Mata, Matic, Cavanni, Ronaldo and GK.
To be sold - Bailey (Swap with Pau torres), Telles, Rashford, Jones?

Martial - total enigma, could ETH get a tune out of this fiddler? We'd have to give him away I think I cant see anyone taking him on with his wages at reportedly £275k pw. Is it possible that ETH can invigorate him and turn him into the beast we see in 5 min cameos??

VDB - No one knows him better than ETH. Donny has gone from CL semi final to Evertons Bench in 2 seasons. He must be wondering what the feck is happening.

Again - its the hope that kills you.

Von Mistelroum

This always comes out in the press towards the end of the season when we lose badly. It'll be around £90-100m most likely.

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
Loads of top pros available on frees this summer = get one or two to bolster the squad. Garner will be back, Mejbri, Pellestri, Amad and Garnacho will be around the squad. I still think Greenwood has a future with us. Martial and VDB - not sure where those guys futures lie - away I'm guessing.

Martial - total enigma, could ETH get a tune out of this fiddler? We'd have to give him away I think I cant see anyone taking him on with his wages at reportedly £275k pw. Is it possible that ETH can invigorate him and turn him into the beast we see in 5 min cameos??

VDB - No one knows him better than ETH. Donny has gone from CL semi final to Evertons Bench in 2 seasons. He must be wondering what the feck is happening.

Get to fcuk.

InfiniteBoredom

Nkunku Tchouameni Antony Timber with Kamara coming in on a free and it’d be a good start, for the best part of that 200m.

Kane should be a no go for the high price + his age. We should only target young players or players in the 23-26 age range ready to enter their peak years.

We still need to bolster our fullback options though, and there seems to be no standout candidate. Going into next season with Dalot/AWB at RB is suicidal, Shaw is on his last chance although if he manages to recapture his 20/21 form then we are sorted there for the moment.

Kramer

We will have 46m alone from players leaving for free. That’s like 154m plus 46m from Matic, Pogba, Lingard, Cavani, Mata wages.
Can add Andreas P. To the list too. We will def lose a CB (one of Bailly, Jones) if not 2. and from whatever’s been said of ETH, Martial will be out the door as well.

Hard to believe we will have more than 4-5 incomings.

Hoping we promote some youth team players (Garner, Mejbri) and give them squad roles.

P.S. Oh and Greenwood as well of course. Hope the club can find a legal basis for not paying his wages.

Brandon Williams / Tahith Chong might be on the market to sell as well.

Elcabron

So no fullbacks?

Well, 200m for striker and 2 midfielders is possible.
Striker = 62.5m
DM = 60m
CM/AM = 62.5m
That’s 185m

And then winger plus centre back (depending on departures)
Dean + Martial + Rashford + Bailly = 25m + 22.5m + 40m + 12.5m = 100m plus 10m from the 200m budget.

Winger = 55m
CB = 55m

That’s enough money to get those 5 positions.
Agree with you on this but you are forgetting another 15m from sale of Tzunzabe and Pierera. Also AVB and Dalot should bring in another 35m so that's 50m for a right back - we desperately need one, current options nowhere near good enough.

I'd also try and flog Maguire to Newcastle for 40m ish.

There are plenty of options available to us to overhaul the squad, it could be a very exciting period if (and it's a big if) it is done properly.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.

Wait, what?

STaphouse

Supports
Reading
Agree with you on this but you are forgetting another 15m from sale of Tzunzabe and Pierera. Also AVB and Dalot should bring in another 35m so that's 50m for a right back - we desperately need one, current options nowhere near good enough.

I'd also try and flog Maguire to Newcastle for 40m ish.

There are plenty of options available to us to overhaul the squad, it could be a very exciting period if (and it's a big if) it is done properly.
Nobody (not even Newcastle) is paying £40m for Harry Maguire, in his current form.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge

You know that this is real life football and not football manager don't you?

Out of contract players doesn't mean they go unattached and whoring themselves right left center, more often than not they have made a deal with their next club and it will have been done long before they announced they're not renewing.

PS:
1. Martial is not an enigma, he's shit and broken
2. Swap deal never works in real life, why would Pau Torres Comes here, and why the hell would their club wants Baily?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Refuses to do the minimum amount of work that’s needed to be a PL top level midfielder.
Watches us concede about 3mins in and then decides he's had enough and limps straight off.

Bestietom

If we have 200million plus what we get from sales of players who want to leave, then it is enough to start rebuild if used RIGHT.
How much would sales bring in, anyone. We have 6 players going on a free but could raise monies from sales of others.
Bailly
Jones
Teles
AwB
Tuanzebe
Chong
Pereira

Then there are many others that want to go and more that the manager will let go like-: Martial, Rashford, Henderson, want out, and Ten Hag will probably want to get rid of others. This will also bring in more monies, and lighten the wage bill.
We will probably still need a couple of free transfers if we need to bring in 6 players this summer.
CB, RB, DM, AM, CF, and a Winger.
We need these players in this summer, and add to this each window until we are back where we belong

Last edited:

Wallez

Could we have a gross spend on a total of 200 million for bringing in Ten Hag, his staff and new players, including agent fees? Sure, if the Glazers want to splash some cash in order to fix this club.

Will we have a net spend on players for 200 mill in transfer fees only? Absolutely not. In addition, a lot of this money will have to come from player sales and cutting the wages of Pogba, Mata, Matic, Lingard, etc.

RiqCantona

We'll sign 4 players max.
ST - 60m
DM - 50m
CB - 45m
plus another GK, CM, or a WF depending on who else leaves. For around another 40-45m. That's it.

The rest will be supplemented by returning loanees and academy players.
Williams, Mengi, Laird, Garner, Mejbri, Pellistri, Amad, and Garnacho.

G-manc

We're stuck in a situation where players may not want to come to us in our current state and we have also been terrible at offloading players in recent times which doesn't bode well.

This isn't going to happen in one window so anyone who thinks the likes of Maguire will be surplus to requirements this summer is deluded. You'd have Jones, Bailly and Tuanzebe to get rid of first in that position. Same with midfield - we know Pogba and Matic are leaving and Pereira still needs to be moved on. Add Lingard, Mata, Cavani and possibly Ronaldo as well as and that is likely to be it IMO unless it's someone lower level like Williams or Chong.

I expect a defender, a midfielder, a wide forward and possibly a striker to come in and VDB and Garner to be integrated after their loans. I suppose a full back is not out of the question if we can get rid of one of our current crop.

Elcabron

Nobody (not even Newcastle) is paying £40m for Harry Maguire, in his current form.
Of course they would, one of England's top international performers if the last several years, included in Euro 2022 team of the tournament. Yes he has been awful shit this season but I don't think that's his level.

If Tammy Abraham can go for 40m and Dan James for 26m then Maguire would easily fetch 40. We are usually shit at selling players but that needs to change.

gica_7

Thinking all the needs we have, we probably need more. I understand there will be some academy players involved but 200 mil will not buy the 8-10 players Ragnick said to be needed.

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
He's a prize cnut. Can't wait to see him feck off.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Who is pushing these stupid stories?

Let's say there is '£200m' to spend, why, on any interplanetary body would announce it to the world?

Even as PR exercise, it's stupid because what we do then have to spend is dictated by what clubs think we have to spend.

AneRu

We'll sign 4 players max.
ST - 60m
DM - 50m
CB - 45m
plus another GK, CM, or a WF depending on who else leaves. For around another 40-45m. That's it.

The rest will be supplemented by returning loanees and academy players.
Williams, Mengi, Laird, Garner, Mejbri, Pellistri, Amad, and Garnacho.
I think we need at least 5 just to compete, this season has been brutal and some of the players out there have been broken beyond repair - I dont see Maguire, Rashford and AWB ever becoming viable first team players again. If we keep them its just to save money and face but they are mentally done.

We needed about three players before shit hit the fan; a DM, ST (forward) and CM. We still need these and we now need to replace players that have failed to withstand the adversity of this season because we can't risk going into the season depending on Maguire like we do or having Rashford as first change off the bench.

We also need to sell a bunch of players that aren't good enough and who have confirmed that they will never be good enough. Sell Telles and replace him with Fernandez as back up LB, sell Dalot and AWB and replace them with a proper RB then have maybe Mengi as a floating back up. We then need to sell Tuanzebe, Henderson and others with respectable market values so that we earn about £40m - £50m to fund the acquisition of a viable starting CB.

We need to be smart and proactive otherwise we will remain stuck in mediocrity. Stern examples need to be made of underperfomers like Martial, we are better off renewing Mata than keeping Martial around and Mata haa been done for the past three seasons ffs!

laughtersassassin

That needs to be without sales to be honest.

Need to be bringing in 6-10 players as Rangick said.

Hackman2210

You know that this is real life football and not football manager don't you?

Out of contract players doesn't mean they go unattached and whoring themselves right left center, more often than not they have made a deal with their next club and it will have been done long before they announced they're not renewing.

PS:
1. Martial is not an enigma, he's shit and broken
2. Swap deal never works in real life, why would Pau Torres Comes here, and why the hell would their club wants Baily?
I never play football manager.

Pau Torres - my thinking is Bailey came from Villareal so they may take him back in a swap/part ex for torres.
Martial - Obviously riddled with mental health and confidence issues, ETH can give him a fresh start, we cant simply burn him - hes here for 2 years so we have to try and get him to work or pay his contract up £27mil and feck him off.
Out of contract players -

James Tarkowski (Burnley)

Christian Eriksen (Brentford)

Sean Longstaff (Newcastle)

Eddie Nketiah (Arsenal)

Jeffrey Schlupp (Crystal Palace)

Teemu Pukki (Norwich City)

Pukki - 20 goals a season for us? Erikson - I'd take him, Longstaff - we were quoted £50mill for him a few years ago. Tarkowski - loves a tackle.

Why not take a punt on some solid pros? Or do we just spunk another £98mill on a primadonna? Di Maria, Pogba etc?

You cant have it both ways.

Hackman2210

I have to add - Look at the great UTD teams of the past 30 years.
Pallister - came from Midlesborough, Keane from Forest, Bruce from Norwich, Sharpe - Torquay, Ince - west ham, Webb - Forest, Phelan - norwich, Robson - west brom.
We took players from teams lower than us who wanted to better themselves. They wanted to graft and battle.

pogba - Juve, Matic - chelsea, Varane - Real. These players have done it at the top level, its a big ask to go again especially as you get older.
Maybe we need to look at lower league clubs for young hungry talented players.
Is the mentality at UTD that the players at the club have already made it?

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
I have to add - Look at the great UTD teams of the past 30 years.
Pallister - came from Midlesborough, Keane from Forest, Bruce from Norwich, Sharpe - Torquay, Ince - west ham, Webb - Forest, Phelan - norwich, Robson - west brom.
We took players from teams lower than us who wanted to better themselves. They wanted to graft and battle.

pogba - Juve, Matic - chelsea, Varane - Real. These players have done it at the top level, its a big ask to go again especially as you get older.
Maybe we need to look at lower league clubs for young hungry talented players.
Is the mentality at UTD that the players at the club have already made it?
Seconded.

mikeyt

Whatever we bring in and what ever goes out, I just really hope some of our younger players that have shown potential, get a shot. Hannibal, Garner, Amad etc

Hughes35

I've said it in other threads but I think there is a real opportunity this summer. So many players leaving, the squad finally trimmed, flexibility in the wage budget and we have have no choice but to spend with a new manager and so many leaving.

Out - Mata, Matic, Pogba, Lingard, Pereira, Greenwood, Martial, Jones, Bailly, Henderson, Cavani and then maybe even a Rashford / Ronaldo or Maguire.

I think 10 or 11 will leave so we really have no choice but to buy 4 or 5. You're not really buying a player for less than 35 million these days (Unless they are free) so 35mill x 5No is 175mill.

200 million probably isn't miles away.