2010 UEFA European Under-17 Championship

Joga_Bonito

He’ll play upon, Your naturalistic intuitions…
Video of Spain's 4 - 0 win over the Swiss and "Paco" Alcacer's hatrick + 1 assist

www.rojadirecta.com Spain U17 - Switzerland U17 - SAPO Vídeos
Paco has looked like a player with genuine predatory instincts in the two games, so far. His movement and the range of finishes for his four goals has been outstanding.

However, the player that has impressed me the most has been Jesé Rodríguez of Real Madrid, a left footed attacking midfielder, not all together unlike David Silva.

Gerard of Barcelona is supposedly another hugely talented player, but he was left out of the first game, eventually coming on as a substitute, and then didn't perform very well in the second, despite setting up the first goal. No doubt there's much more to come from him, though, as you could see signs of his ability, and it may have simply been nerves and an anxiety to do well.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Thorpe starts for England, Keane and Johnstone on the bench.

Ekeke

Paco has looked like a player with genuine predatory instincts in the two games, so far. His movement and the range of finishes for his four goals has been outstanding.

However, the player that has impressed me the most has been Jesé Rodríguez of Real Madrid, a left footed attacking midfielder, not all together unlike David Silva.

Gerard of Barcelona is supposedly another hugely talented player, but he was left out of the first game, eventually coming on as a substitute, and then didn't perform very well in the second, despite setting up the first goal. No doubt there's much more to come from him, though, as you could see signs of his ability, and it may have simply been nerves and an anxiety to do well.
Agree with those you've picked out. In the first game I only saw the last 30 mins and Jese Rodriguez stood out. Reminds me more of Reyes than Silva as he's always taking players on and going past them. Silva rarely does that.

Alcacer was head and shoulders above the rest against the Swiss. Brilliant performance. But then he was quiet today.

Gerard was the main man vs. Portugal today. He scored one from an attempted cross somehow and then knowing the keeper was dodgy, scored another one direct from the corner. He reminds me a bit of Joaquin and Jesus Navas.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
England 2-0 up at half time against France in the first semi-final, Wickham with both goals. Keane started for England but came off injured after a quarter of an hour, didn't look serious. Pogba in France's starting XI.

Joga_Bonito

He’ll play upon, Your naturalistic intuitions…
Is this on TV where you are, Elliott? For some reason, after showing many of the group games, the Semi-Finals have been removed from the schedule on Eurosport. I'm watching a stream, instead.

I have to admit to not being entirely convinced by Wickham in the tournament, so far, but it's good to see him score twice at such an important time. He's looked a little like one of those players who are too big and physical for his age group, which allows him to somewhat dominate, but also probably not as talented as he would need to be to maintain anything like that dominance as he moves up the age groups, and as other players catch up with him, physically. It will be interesting to see how he develops over the next few years.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Pogba had a decent second half but he played with heavy strapping on his left knee and was visibly hampered throughout. The game had hardly settled when Keane went off but he came close to scoring with a header.

Tumbling-Dice

Caf Nostradamus
Roy Keane has five kids, partly because of his Iri

Ekeke

Didnt catch the Spain Vs. Turkey match, but here are Paco's goals

Thats 6 goals in 4 matches and a report on a Valencia board I post on suggests Wenger is keen to bring him to Arsenal and make him a new "Fabregas" ... And hopefully not "Merida". Obviously a striker version. Not sure it'd happen but you can see why Wenger is showing an interest.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Poor stuff from us at the moment, but the goal was unlucky.

vanthaman

Winner
wtf, i turned it onto eurosport 2 and even though it says U17s is on, its showing Russia v Italy beach soccer