2011 Women's World Cup

brad-dyrak

As a yank I never thought about it before, but after being on this site forever now it has been asked before by the Brits and now I do think about it. Why exactly do we have national anthems before every game anyway? I could maybe understand if it was national teams playing.

Anyway, when i stand back and think about it, I'm not sure I really see the point, aside from the legacy and that it would be a politically annoying debate to stop it. If more people than don't, prefer it, then I'm game.

Regardless, booing anyone's anthem is completely classless. Unless Missouri secedes, I would't dream of it.

olesmyhero

Emmy Moses
As a yank I never thought about it before, but after being on this site forever now it has been asked before by the Brits and now I do think about it. Why exactly do we have national anthems before every game anyway? I could maybe understand if it was national teams playing.

Anyway, when i stand back and think about it, I'm not sure I really see the point, aside from the legacy and that it would be a politically annoying debate to stop it. If more people than don't, prefer it, then I'm game.

Regardless, booing anyone's anthem is completely classless. Unless Missouri secedes, I would't dream of it.
What do you have against Missouri?

brad-dyrak

I crashed my motorcycle there (which a really nice Missourian helped me fix) and a skunk sprayed my tent. Also had an amazing chicken dinner.

I don't hate Missouri, it's more that I want to. I just have the feeling my life would be more interesting if I did. A friend of mine hated Missouri (no idea why) and he recommended it.

No offense intended. I'm flexible and open to other suggestions. You gotta hate something, and I've still got kin in Texas.

brad-dyrak

Man I don't know. Don't put me on the spot. Just my lesser nature I guess.

brad-dyrak

Good shout. Wrong side of the war, former slave owning, too many vowels. Also the name of that awful band that spawned that awful tourist motto "Sweet Home Alabama". Only worse motto being "Tenesseein' is Tennebelievin'". The best has to be (or should be) "Missouri Loves Company".

What gives anway? I thought you were a Kansanian. Bunch of Emmy winners and their corn.

olesmyhero

Emmy Moses
Good shout. Wrong side of the war, former slave owning, too many vowels. Also the name of that awful band that spawned that awful tourist motto "Sweet Home Alabama". Only worse motto being "Tenesseein' is Tennebelievin'". The best has to be (or should be) "Missouri Loves Company".

What gives anway? I thought you were a Kansanian. Bunch of Emmy winners and their corn.
Was a Kansan, but moved across the state line 2 years ago.

sidsutton

Montreal seems to be the place for all of the hooligan fans in Canada for some reason. Everyone Nation has their bad moments, USA, England and Canada included.
right. didn't see game 7 of this year's Stanley Cup then? Those damn Quebecers driving thousands of miles to encite a riot!

Wait a minute....

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
States that I hate include, but are not limited to: Virginia, Delaware, New Jersey, and South Carolina. The other states I've been to haven't bothered me too much and I've enjoyed a few. Virginia is just stupid(as are many residents) because no one can drive at all in the state, and the cops are insane. Delaware is pointless and they have a toll booth in Delaware for the 10 miles of I-95 that are within the state. It costs $4 to get out of Delaware. New Jersey is New Jersey and self explanatory. South Carolina is a hell hole than started the whole mess that was the War of Northern Aggression and hasn't done much useful since.

I'm not sure how all this got into the WWC thread though.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
GL has had plenty of stars on his show granted I never watch but the hype is always on the commercials.

Hope has appeared on Letterman just recently. The media will turn them into celebrities much like Danica Patrick and Anna Kournakova. However, Hope is real quality where as the previous two are strictly looks.

Odds Wambach might be a lesbian?