2014 in music

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
Following on from the album of the year thread. What albums are you looking forward to in the next year? I personally can't wait for St. Vincent's next LP, loved all her previous work. I'm hoping for new albums from The Black Keys, Death Grips and Tame Impala too.

RexHamilton

Gumshoe for hire
The various X-Factor contestant's singles and albums should be awesome.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
Didn't Death Grips drop something a week or so ago?

arthurka

Not sure anything will be better than that masterpiece Reflektor...

Lynk

Didn't Death Grips drop something a week or so ago?
Big speculation that , that album was a soundtrack . Regardless, they released at least 1 album every year since 2011.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
I guess Kasabian will release a new album, I'm looking forward to it cos it should be followed by a tour and they're great live.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Quite interested to hear the album by Chain Gang of 1974 who had the cracking tune "Sleepwalking" on the Gta V trailers and in game.

MajorTom

Schoolboy Q in Jan will be a good way to start it off and then, erm.....

The various X-Factor contestant's singles and albums should be awesome.
Plus the Christmas single too that we will have soon, so much joy to behold.

If only. Saying that though I think Nelly (yes, Nelly) had a recording session with Dre a couple of months ago which was a Detox session. Might be wise not to release it ever.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
If only. Saying that though I think Nelly (yes, Nelly) had a recording session with Dre a couple of months ago which was a Detox session. Might be wise not to release it ever.
Dre's had numerous Detox recording sessions over several years, it's never coming.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I just want a new fleet foxes album. Not smother year as quiet as this from them, please.

Rolandofgilead

Trigger Happy Priest Killer
Scout
Supports
Weymouth
Aerosmith are headlining Download this year, so I am hoping this will be followed up by a UK tour, I need to se them before I, or probably they, die.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Another year of Metallica saying they are sorting through 700 riffs and hoping to enter the studio before not actually recording an album.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Warpaint and Broken Bells will have new stuff early in the year. Not sure what else is scheduled for release.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
A ScHoolboy Q album and hopefully a Sampha album. Maybe even an Outkast album if rumours are to be believed.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
Following on from the album of the year thread. What albums are you looking forward to in the next year? I personally can't wait for St. Vincent's next LP, loved all her previous work. I'm hoping for new albums from The Black Keys, Death Grips and Tame Impala too.

YES! :D

pillory

Excepter hadn't released anything since 2010 until the very very nice Christisland EP in November, and they seem to have quite a lot of stuff coming out in 2014. I think they're the greatest band ever now and then, so I'm quite excited about that. I'd be extremely excited about any record featuring this song anyway:

Andrew~

I've listened to these guys a lot, tried to find out what people find so good about them. They just sound shit. What am I missing?

Lynk

I've listened to these guys a lot, tried to find out what people find so good about them. They just sound shit. What am I missing?
Fantastic production. Interesting lyrics.

It's abrasive as hell, but it crosses genres in a way I haven't seen in a while. It's like a mixture of electronic, punk, industrial and rap all rolled into one.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
None of my favourite bands have anything on the horizon except for Mastodon. Metallica might get their asses in gear but I doubt it, and i'd love another Them Crooked Vultures record. But all in all it should be a pretty lame year.

vanthaman

Winner
Springsteen album high hopes out in a few weeks and Gaslight Anthem an sides

Then a new gaslight studio album in summer

Don't care about any others

kps88

Springsteen album high hopes out in a few weeks and Gaslight Anthem an sides

Then a new gaslight studio album in summer

Don't care about any others

High Hopes has already leaked if you're interested in "acquiring" it.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
Canterbury and Blitz Kids both have albums out in January. I'm hoping for something from Twin Atlantic at some point as well. Rob Swire has also hinted at a new Pendulum album and a Knife Party album for this year, but with his time keeping they'll probably be released mid-2015.

The Mitcher

I wouldn't say shit, but I can't see whats good either. The guy doesn't rap, nor is the music interesting to listen to, it is just a collection of sounds, with a beat underneath and some some guy caterwauling over it.

The Mitcher

A new Metallica album would be great. It's been a while since those lunatics did something hilarious, but there's no topping St Anger.

Or is there?
Did you hear the collabaration album with Lou Reed? I love Metallica, don't mind Transformer by Reed. But god was that album terrible. St Anger had some good songs, that album was just horrible. Although I applaud the tallica lads doing something different. But my god, make a good song!