2014 in music

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Did you hear the collabaration album with Lou Reed? I love Metallica, don't mind Transformer by Reed. But god was that album terrible. St Anger had some good songs, that album was just horrible. Although I applaud the tallica lads doing something different. But my god, make a good song!

No new record until 2015 apparently. Being rich sure does nothing for the old motivation.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
So metallica album is a definite no :/

What about iron maiden?

Infact I guess I'd be happy with a new album from someone like lacuna coil :/

2 man midfield

So metallica album is a definite no :/

What about iron maiden?

Infact I guess I'd be happy with a new album from someone like lacuna coil :/

Don't think Maiden have anything new in the works but they could surprise us. It's been 4 years since the last one and they like to remind us they aren't a nostalgia band. But i think Bruce has a new solo album in the pipeline, plus he's grown his hair back so that could be enough to satisfy me!

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Don't think Maiden have anything new in the works but they could surprise us. It's been 4 years since the last one and they like to remind us they aren't a nostalgia band. But i think Bruce has a new solo album in the pipeline, plus he's grown his hair back so that could be enough to satisfy me!
Oooohh a new Bruce's album would be nice, always quite liked his solo stuff anyway! There's something about it! Will have to have a look about it now :D

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
Death Grips confirmed to be recording this year & a new St. Vincent album due to drop in February. This year is gonna be a good 'un

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
Delorentos are looking up to follow their Irish Album of the Year for 2012. New album set for release at some stage this year.

Hopefully hear a full length album from Hozier and Liza Flume too.

Joemo

whistling in the wind
Against Me!'s new album "Transgender Dysphoria Blues" is released today.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Against Me!'s new album "Transgender Dysphoria Blues" is released today.
I haven't liked anything they've done since Eternal Cowboy. They went a bit Franz Ferdinand.

I'm very interested in this one though. It will no doubt be venturing into lyrical subjects that have rarely been covered before, if ever.

Joemo

whistling in the wind
I haven't liked anything they've done since Eternal Cowboy. They went a bit Franz Ferdinand.

I'm very interested in this one though. It will no doubt be venturing into lyrical subjects that have rarely been covered before, if ever.
Yeah, New Wave was awful and so was White Crosses. This album is fantastic though, downloaded it a few days ago.

Only song I don't like is "Dead Friend".

Nickosaur

Just found out Manchester Orchestra are releasing a new album this year, sweet!

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
The new Beck album is quality, expect to see it topping a lot of the end of year lists.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
The Glitch Mob - Love Death Immortality.

For electronic music lovers. I expect a fair few of these to be playing in clubs this year. Very good.

EDIT: Katy B's album is pretty decent too.

Last edited:

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
St. Vincent's latest album leaked. The Guardian gave it 5 stars, and I'm siding with them on this.

Krovv

RedCafe Verified
Supports
Arsenal
None of my favourite bands have anything on the horizon except for Mastodon. Metallica might get their asses in gear but I doubt it, and i'd love another Them Crooked Vultures record. But all in all it should be a pretty lame year.
Rock is pretty much dead. All my favourites no longer perform. Was incredibly lucky to catch GnR live in December '12. It was amazing, except that they ruined Paradise (still can't believe it).

Haven't really heard much great music of late. But I have to say this: Inside Llewyn Davis had a great soundtrack. It's folk music, but got me hooked well and proper. Any of you heard it?

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
St. Vincent's latest album leaked. The Guardian gave it 5 stars, and I'm siding with them on this.
Going to her next Saturday, haven't got latest offering yet. Anyone seen her live lately? Saw her with David Byrne at Electric Picnic, she was hypnotic, literally couldn't take my eyes off her. Really looking forward to the gig.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Bombay Bicycle Club - So Long, See You Tomorrow

Cracking album, 8/10.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Spotify recommended this girl to me - Owl Eyes. Some of the EP is 2013 singles but there is new stuff on it too.

Her 2014 EP is on Spotify. Reminds me of CHVRCHES so if you like them you'll probably like this.

Archie Leach

Gooner
Supports
Arsenal
Spotify recommended this girl to me - Owl Eyes. Some of the EP is 2013 singles but there is new stuff on it too.

Her 2014 EP is on Spotify. Reminds me of CHVRCHES so if you like them you'll probably like this.

She's a friend of a friend. Can't recommend her music though.
I've said it before on here, but St. Vincent is so brilliant. New album is terrific. The only issue I have with it is that Annie Clark still isn't my wife.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
She's a friend of a friend. Can't recommend her music though.

I've said it before on here, but St. Vincent is so brilliant. New album is terrific. The only issue I have with it is that Annie Clark still isn't my wife.
Yeah, fantastically, hypnotically attractive. The coolest woman I have ever seen live. I'll be up the front in the Olympia in Dublin on Saturday giving her the full stalker treatment.

M'n'M

"Keane will be awesome alongside Torres."
I think I must have a problem with female singers. I don't like any bands with a female lead. It's not that I don't like individual songs with a female lead, I just couldn't listen to a whole album and I have no idea why that is.

The only exception to this rule is Nancy Whang.

Nickosaur

@Lynk @Still ill @One Night Only @cold-zebra @Archie Leach @M'n'M @SilentWitness @datura @sullydnl @Krovv @Joemo @2 Man Midfield @OnlyTwoDaSilvas

If you haven't voted yet in this https://www.redcafe.net/threads/red...l-time-2014-edition-submission-thread.383991/ yet then today is your last chance. Would be good to get some more lists in to make the top 50 a bit more complete.

I've just tagged people who have been quite active in this thread, I can't be bothered to check who has or hasn't already voted, so if you have, apologies.

TheSamulator

classic sam. they love me, tbh
@Lynk @Still ill @One Night Only @cold-zebra @Archie Leach @M'n'M @SilentWitness @datura @sullydnl @Krovv @Joemo @2 Man Midfield @OnlyTwoDaSilvas

If you haven't voted yet in this https://www.redcafe.net/threads/red...l-time-2014-edition-submission-thread.383991/ yet then today is your last chance. Would be good to get some more lists in to make the top 50 a bit more complete.

I've just tagged people who have been quite active in this thread, I can't be bothered to check who has or hasn't already voted, so if you have, apologies.
Just a heads up mate, but you can't tag more than 5 people in a post. None of those guys you've tagged will get an alert now.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Benji by Sun Kil Moon has gotten a 9 rating by theneedledrops. Will be giving that a listen this weekend.

2 man midfield

Didn't get an alert, but i did vote in that thread. Shame it didn't get more interest.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I tried writing out a list a few times, but I actually can't think of enough albums to make up 15 weirdly enough.

Nickosaur

I tried writing out a list a few times, but I actually can't think of enough albums to make up 15 weirdly enough.
Even if you only did your top 5/10, it would be good to get a few more entries in. Don't think it matters to much if you don't have all 15.