2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi

Twisted_Woody

Scout
2-0 down with 3 minutes to go to make it a 3-2 in overtime what a win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Sid Sixeiro in the video. :lol: Guy is an absolute fool when it comes to football and mma. Just your typical bloke at the bar who gets all excited about sports and spouts crap.

I seen some other American sports show the other day and apparently the Canadian duo said something about the coach favouring the American duo. So this American pundit guy goes on some yelling outrage about how they should buy the coach out then. Pay the coach so she won't coach the Americans or otherwise shutup and accept silver. When Americans lose they don't complain. Had to turn away after that as that is a crock of shit. Americans will blame anyone, anything and make up any excuse for them losing before accepting they were fairly beat. There is not many things I hate more than Americans in sports.

Winning the womens hockey today was all the more sweet and can't wait to beat them again in the mens. fecking americans.

Dyslexic Untied

Not sure if that pic is meant to confirm my point or to dispute it. She's not hot though, in that picture either.

Scrumpet

There are no words
An unnamed German athlete's A drug sample at the Sochi Winter Games is abnormal and a second sample will be tested later on Friday, the German Olympic Committee (DOSB) said.

The DOSB said they were informed by the International Olympic Committee (IOC) on Thursday evening and a disciplinary commission would convene later in the day after the B sample has been tested.
Dun dun duuuuuun!

Skywarden

Captain Kronwall crushing Selänne twice was lovely. First tackle was lovely.

Skywarden

Karlsson is just out of this world. What a tourney!

Have some of that!

ashgabat

Come look at our Swedish girls instead!
Supports
Malmö FF
I absolutely love Karlsson.. he's such a skilled hockey player it's insane.

JustAFan

The Adebayo Akinfenwa of football photoshoppers
An evil little city in the NE United States
Sid Sixeiro in the video. :lol: Guy is an absolute fool when it comes to football and mma. Just your typical bloke at the bar who gets all excited about sports and spouts crap.

I seen some other American sports show the other day and apparently the Canadian duo said something about the coach favouring the American duo. So this American pundit guy goes on some yelling outrage about how they should buy the coach out then. Pay the coach so she won't coach the Americans or otherwise shutup and accept silver. When Americans lose they don't complain. Had to turn away after that as that is a crock of shit. Americans will blame anyone, anything and make up any excuse for them losing before accepting they were fairly beat. There is not many things I hate more than Americans in sports.

Winning the womens hockey today was all the more sweet and can't wait to beat them again in the mens. fecking americans.

Odd response to a post about Canadians complaining about losing, but then again just head over to any football forum and you will see lots of fans from all over the world blaming refs, cheating other teams, the FA, UEFA, FIFA etc when their teams lose. Yeah Americans find stuff to complain about in sports, but there is ample evidence that everyone else in the world does also.

Heck just check out the latest complaints of the women's figure skating and that involved a Russian and a South Korean skater, lol.

Scrumpet

There are no words
Most of the complaints about that are coming from Americans! Presumably because the Russian won.

JustAFan

:DOkay you are right only Americans every complain about officiating, cheating, judging, nobody else in the whole world does it.

Was watching NBC today and they were actually supporting how the judging was done quoting two former US skaters who were part of the announcing team in the States who said they would have scored the competition the same way the judges did. fecking Yanks and their whining.

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...russia-figure-skating-gold-sotnikova-kim-yuna

Last edited:

Scrumpet

There are no words
I just found it bizarre because there's been barely two words said about it in the British media. Then I looked on the Olympics section of reddit which seems to be mostly made up of Americans and Canadians, and they're in absolute meltdown over it. I do get the impression that when it comes to Russia and Russian people, some Americans think it's still 1962.

JustAFan

Oh Americans complain about sports results, blame officials, cheating, etc but you see that elsewhere in the world also, heck you see it on this very forum, it is not a uniquely American thing.

JustAFan

Figure the Canadian men will make it a sweep over the US hockey teams today. They were my pre-Olympic favorites to win the gold. I figured Canada and Russia would be 1 and 2, with either Sweden or the US getting the bronze. Finland my underdog pick.

Sweden edged Finland so there goes my darkhorse, lol.

A Canada v Sweden final will be entertaining.

JustAFan

The team sports results are always sort of interesting when it comes to the medal games. To get the bronze you have to win your last game, so of course there is a bit of a celebration because you won. Obviously you win the gold medal in the final game. But then there is the Silver medal team, that actually lost and feels bad. So first and third celebrate, while second not so much.

Obviously not the case all the time, sometimes the bronze winner is not that happy.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
The team sports results are always sort of interesting when it comes to the medal games. To get the bronze you have to win your last game, so of course there is a bit of a celebration because you won. Obviously you win the gold medal in the final game. But then there is the Silver medal team, that actually lost and feels bad. So first and third celebrate, while second not so much.

Obviously not the case all the time, sometimes the bronze winner is not that happy.
Half the time I think they should just scrap the third place game. Plenty of times you see the teams are not really up for it, or are deflated because they are in this match and not the final. Should just give them both third and focus on the main game

JustAFan

Half the time I think they should just scrap the third place game. Plenty of times you see the teams are not really up for it, or are deflated because they are in this match and not the final. Should just give them both third and focus on the main game
I have heard that idea before also, that the two semi-final losers get the bronze. Not a bad proposal.

Back in 1980 the final round was a bit different it was essentially still a round robin group. There were two preliminary groups and the top two teams out of those groups advanced to the next round. The results from the first round games involving the finalists carried forward. So the US and Sweden had played in group play and tied so that result carried into the next round. The results of the Soviet and Finnish game in their group carried forward. The teams then played one game each against the teams from the other group with the team that topped the final group winning the gold.

What many people forgot for a long time is that even after defeating the Soviet team in the so-called "Miracle on Ice" the US could still have not won a medal depending on how their game v Finland and the Soviet game v Sweden turned out.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Odd response to a post about Canadians complaining about losing, but then again just head over to any football forum and you will see lots of fans from all over the world blaming refs, cheating other teams, the FA, UEFA, FIFA etc when their teams lose. Yeah Americans find stuff to complain about in sports, but there is ample evidence that everyone else in the world does also.

Heck just check out the latest complaints of the women's figure skating and that involved a Russian and a South Korean skater, lol.
Of course everyone complains, I know that. It was this pundit that was trying to paint Canadians as being classless and Americans as these great humble people who are gracious in defeat just really pissed me off. Maybe the Canadians' complaints are unjustified, I don't really know. It was the fact he then tried to reference events where Americans lost and didn't complain. Go off on one and say people shouldn't complain but don't try and say Americans are these little angels. Then again that is just typical American broadcasting though.

JustAFan

Elise Christie completes the treble with another disqualification.

Short track speedskating, another great sport in the winter games that seems like a massive crash just waiting to happen. It is very exciting to watch.

Cathy Turner one of the earliest women's gold medal winners in the sport is from the same city as I am from. nice lady, met her a few times. Was pretty cute back in the day also.

Last edited:

Wittmann45

Damn, if Hamelin wouldn't have fallen, we might have had a chance to win this whole thing again...he won gold at his weakest event, thought it was setting up for a classic Olympics for him

JustAFan

Of course everyone complains, I know that. It was this pundit that was trying to paint Canadians as being classless and Americans as these great humble people who are gracious in defeat just really pissed me off. Maybe the Canadians' complaints are unjustified, I don't really know. It was the fact he then tried to reference events where Americans lost and didn't complain. Go off on one and say people shouldn't complain but don't try and say Americans are these little angels. Then again that is just typical American broadcasting though.
As I say other do that to, it seems to be human nature for some humans.