2015 Toyota AFL Premiership Season

ZDwyr

Sad to see them go, Lake especially. Hale leaves with a good player in Ceglar ready to replace him. Will never forget Hale's 2013 finals series, he was massive. The passage in the preliminary final against Geelong where he was 1v2 in the middle of the ground maybe won us the match. He was able to shove Vardy off the ball and keep it in dispute long enough for the rest of the players to arrive.

Not much you can say about Lake that isn't known. Just an absolute star. The best marking backman I have seen in a long, long time. Just clunked everything that came in. When we are struggling with Cloke, Hawkins, Tippet etc next season we will miss him.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Still walking in air.

If Luke Hodge ever had to buy a beer when he's out and there's a Hawthorn supporter there then something is wrong... And it won't be his driving.

I'm other news Carlisle has nominates the Saints - he'll be a great pickup for them.

Archie Leach

Gooner
Supports
Arsenal
Still walking in air.

If Luke Hodge ever had to buy a beer when he's out and there's a Hawthorn supporter there then something is wrong... And it won't be his driving.

I'm other news Carlisle has nominates the Saints - he'll be a great pickup for them.
I'm none too popular with my friends who are mostly Demons supporters. I said we'd be happy to merge as long as the team was known as the Hawthorn Hawks, wore brown and gold, combined our current squad with Jessie Hogan and absorbed all Melbourne's AFL Premierships, taking our total from 13, to 13.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
I'm none too popular with my friends who are mostly Demons supporters. I said we'd be happy to merge as long as the team was known as the Hawthorn Hawks, wore brown and gold, combined our current squad with Jessie Hogan and absorbed all Melbourne's AFL Premierships, taking our total from 13, to 13.
:lol:

In all honesty Hogan would probably be the only player to get into our side.

ZDwyr

Suckling to the Bulldogs seems to be a go according to reports. Wouldn't be too bothered. While he improved at the end of the season I wouldn't mind giving his place to a youngster. He's been a decent servant and could earn a decent payday. I don't mind the Dogs either so that's good.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Suckling to the Bulldogs seems to be a go according to reports. Wouldn't be too bothered. While he improved at the end of the season I wouldn't mind giving his place to a youngster. He's been a decent servant and could earn a decent payday. I don't mind the Dogs either so that's good.
Agreed. He'd leave with my personal blessing considering he'd be getting a bigger contact than what we can offer.

Beveridge being there helps too as they've obviously got a decent relationship, and personally the doggies are my second favorite team (with the Saints). I think he'd fit in really well playing in the doggies run-and-gun system.

Any of Hartung, Langford, Anderson (unless the rumors of him wanting to leave are true), O'Rourke or Howe will take his place. Our depth is incredible when you think about it.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Danger done with minimal fuss, who would have thought the most high profile trade in years would be sorted on the first day?

Hopefully Saints bend Essendon over for Carlisle. They deserve some revenge after the Lovett debacle and Goddard defecting.

@Cooksen would you take Goddard back? It seems he wants out.

Cooksen

The Millennium Falcao
@Cooksen would you take Goddard back? It seems he wants out.
Nah too old to fit our list tbh and we dont have the list space for him

We are trying to get picks in the teens so we can have 1 for us and 1 to trade for Carlisle but it depends on other clubs trading and weather the dodoro dildo will play ball.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
@Cooksen

Getting nervous over the Carlisle deal?

I think you guys will end up putting forward pick #5, or at least your first rounder in next year's draft as a fall-back deal. Carlisle wants to go the Saints and the Hawks can't match the offer put forward by the Saints.

Having said that, after losing Anderson I would love for us to bring in Carlisle - out defence would be sorted for years again.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
So they want him in a straight swap for 5? No other pics involved? Would you settle for just one of their second rounders?

ZDwyr

I was very happy with the trade until a current affiar came in.
Just getting caught up on all that stuff. Pretty unfortunate for him. Whoever sold the footage obviously isn't a very good friend. Probably dozens of other players in a similar situation though, just he is the unlucky one.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Not sure if the Hawks fans or anybody else has seen this, but you'll probably enjoy John Kennedy Snr and Alastair Clarkson having a yarn.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Carlisle thing is a beat-up, who really gives a shite about what they do on their off-time? I don't see how the story is relevant to anyone.

So many players smash coke on weekends and throughout the off-season too.

ZDwyr

Names have been suppressed pretty well considering the days of social media and stuff. Obviously if true they deserve to be de-listed and face whatever the legal consequences are. If not true then hopefully they can continue to play and don't have the stigma from it over their heads for the rest of their career. Very murky situation though.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
What do you think about the rape scandal? Two of my favourite young'uns but I hope justice is served. Unbelievable if true.
I hope nothing comes of it and I believe if they were to be charged it would have happened by now.

I don't know what the latest update is on the situation though.

The names I have heard are:

Brad Hill & Teia Miles

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Names have been suppressed pretty well considering the days of social media and stuff. Obviously if true they deserve to be de-listed and face whatever the legal consequences are. If not true then hopefully they can continue to play and don't have the stigma from it over their heads for the rest of their career. Very murky situation though.
I'm hoping nothing comes of it and it gets forgotten like the Dayne Beams and Majak Daw situations - we're not hearing anything about those these days.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
I've heard the former and the son of a certain champion full-back.
Hrm... Well I've heard those two. I just couldn't see it being Langford though, he's just too clean cut. But both he and Hill live in the Ashwood area.

How reliable is your source?

Am I allowed to use their names like that?

Archie Leach

Gooner
Supports
Arsenal
Hrm... Well I've heard those two. I just couldn't see it being Langford though, he's just too clean cut. But both he and Hill live in the Ashwood area.

How reliable is your source?

Am I allowed to use their names like that?
:lol: Not reliable at all for either. Social media mentions those three only though so I'm guessing one of us is right.

Knowing the generally backwards culture of Australian football (all codes) makes me believe this is not going to end well for us. The "she fecked them and then regretted it" angle strains credulity. It's hard enough to report sexual assault, let alone knowing it's going to be all over the papers.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
What do we reckon about the draft?

I'm really hoping Burton can recover amd reach his potential, then we will be laughing.