2016/2017 Title race

Man-United

As much as I hope it to be a title race because I like Spurs, but the hope end after having looked at the fixtures Chelsea and Spurs got.

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
It's definitely on now for Spurs although you'd think they'll have to win every remaining game (not impossible with their current form).

Chelsea could easily lose to Everton and draw at say WBA.

Janson

I still can't see them loosing the title. They will loose max 5 points vs Everton and West Brom. And then Spurs have to win all their games to win anyway.

salford_

Chelsea need 12points. 4 of their games left are boro, watford, sunderland, home, wba away. while spurs win them all? nah not for me

Newman123

Supports
Arsenal
I hope Wenger can at least get us to beat Spurs. Prefer the Chavs winning it to them.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Chelsea should still win it. Easier run in.

But had Spurs not had been so tired earlier on in the season with the CL, they would be right up there.

Finn MacCool

Supports
Liverpool
Still chelsea's to lose but I will laugh my bollocks off if they feck this up.

salford_

Not saying it`s much of a chance. Betfair have us at 5/1, you lot at 1/5. Obviously you lot are huge favorites, but it`s surely opened up enough to be worth discussing just a little don`t you think?
it has. but looking at the games left do you think chelsea wont win 4 and youll win them all?

vadimivich

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
It's basically impossible for us to catch them, but it's going to fun watching them squirm now. Especially if we can do them at Wembley next weekend in the FA Cup.

Fener1907

quite hard run in i think?
Chelsea's remaining fixtures:
Chelsea v Southampton
Everton v Chelsea
Chelsea v Middlesbrough
West Bromwich Albion v Chelsea
Chelsea v Watford
Chelsea v Sunderland

Spurs' remaining fixtures:
Crystal Palace v Tottenham Hotspur
Tottenham Hotspur v Arsenal
West Ham United v Tottenham Hotspur
Tottenham Hotspur v Manchester United
Leicester City v Tottenham Hotspur
Hull City v Tottenham Hotspur

If I were a Spurs fan, I'd hardly be throwing my beer around the pub and singing about how we're going to win the league. Should anybody think Spurs will gain 4 points on Chelsea in there, go ahead and state your case. I'd actually like to be wrong, as I wouldn't mind Spurs winning it.

salford_

Chelsea's remaining fixtures:
Chelsea v Southampton
Everton v Chelsea
Chelsea v Middlesbrough
West Bromwich Albion v Chelsea
Chelsea v Watford
Chelsea v Sunderland

Spurs' remaining fixtures:

If I were a Spurs fan, I'd hardly be throwing my beer around the pub and singing about how we're going to win the league. Should anybody think Spurs will gain 4 points on Chelsea in there, go ahead and state your case. I'd actually like to be wrong, as I wouldn't mind Spurs winning it.
the 12 pts chelsea need will be won at home no bother i think. Thats a generous run in

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Chelsea need 12points. 4 of their games left are boro, watford, sunderland, home, wba away. while spurs win them all? nah not for me
As things stand, Chelsea actually need 15 points to be sure of winning the title.

If Spurs win all of their last 6 games, we'll finish on 89 points. But we have +8 better GD as things stand, so Chelski would - if Spurs win all of their last 6 - need to get 90 points - they are currently on 75.

CapitalismSucks

Supports
Spurs
it has. but looking at the games left do you think chelsea wont win 4 and youll win them all?
I suppose we can get away with 5-1-0 if Chelsea somehow find a way to lose against WBA in addition to Everton...
Haha... I`m not believing this of course. But stranger things have happened I guess.

*And that`s my 3 posts today

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Still heavily favouring Chelsea to win but the result tonight makes the next few weeks more interesting.

salford_

Chelsea actually need 15 points to be sure of winning the title.

If Spurs win all of their last 6 games, we'll finish on 89 points. But we have better GD as things stand, so Chelski would - if Spurs win all of their last 6 - need to get 90 points - they are currently on 75.
15 ? is that if spurs win every game? if you say lost a gane theyd then need 12?

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Makes the final big games interesting at least. City v Utd is no longer a dead rubber. Neither is Spurs v Utd in May. Arsenal will have even more reason to beat Spurs, no way does Arsene let his North London fans see how easy it was to win a league when other clubs are struggling or restructuring.

Bad time to cancel my sky sports. Doh!

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
It's basically impossible for us to catch them, but it's going to fun watching them squirm now. Especially if we can do them at Wembley next weekend in the FA Cup.
I don't agree. Yes, they are still favourites by a fair margin, but if we beat them in the FA cup semi next weekend then that would be a psychological blow to them.

And it's not impossible that they draw their next league game (home to S'hampton) and that we beat Palace away ... in which case the gap would shrink to 2 points with 5 games to play.

Pressure does funny things to teams: they'd look at a 2 point gap, a gap that's been shrinking, and start to get very nervous.

hellohello

Supports
Tottenham
Chelsea got a favourable run in compared to us, but Chelsea is playing worse than us at the moment imo, and maybe they will feel the pressure. It's still not likely to happen, but 4 points is less than 10, and there's a chance.

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
Imagine this: it comes down to the last game of the season - our last ever game at the famous old White Hart Lane - with United knowing that a Spurs win would clinch the title, and with United having either gained top 4 already or knowing that they can't.

Do you think Jose would quietly hint to his players - with a nod and a wink - to take it easy and get ready for the beach?

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
A lot will ride on that Everton v Chelsea game, Chelsea could end it with a win there

acnumber9

The biggest hope for Spurs is in seeing how defeated Conte looked today. They haven't had to have a plan b all season but the moment something disrupts him being able to play his best team and he looked clueless. It shows how big a benefit not having European football has been for them.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Chelsea need to watch it now. Still think they will see it through but can't afford to be fecking around losing at home to Palace or anything.

MullerUtd

Its Spurs lads...if I had to bet my house, I'd still put it on Chelsea to win the title. Just look at both teams' run-in and its Chelsea, the most successful English team in the past decade; been there done that against a team who bottles it and win feck all. Chelsea will still win this but its still funny to see them taken a peg down with Conte recent cnutish behaviour at Jose in the FA Cup.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Would like Spurs to nab it if we could have a 14 day ban for @GlastonSpur since he would be absolutely impossible to stomach after such a feat.

LFC-Fans

Supports
Liverpool
A wobble for Chelsea. Will be interesting to see if they can cope with the pressure.

Spurs will be hot on their heels if they mess up

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
Would like Spurs to nab it if we could have a 14 day ban for @GlastonSpur since he would be absolutely impossible to stomach after such a feat.
Tell you what, if Spurs win it I won't comment on the winning day and voluntarily ban myself for 14 days afterwards ;)

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks

I think Spurs can win all 6. Arsenal are horrific away from home vs the top teams and I think our top 4 race will be over by the time we face them and Judas will just play the second team. Spurs will have learned from last season and won't bottle it again. All the pressure is on Chelsea unlike last season where people expected Leicester to fall apart and Spurs/Arsenal to win it.

Everton away and West Brom away are both really tough games where Chelsea can mess up.

Ixion

Didn't realise Spurs had improve their goal difference so much, that make's things a little more interesting. Chelsea should still do it though.