2016 US Presidential Elections | Trump Wins

Status
Not open for further replies.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
I'd like to see you have the guts to go out there on the night of the biggest disappointment of your life after spending years working towards something and then make a speech praising somebody like Trump.

she must be devastated.
I agree but Trump would have been blasted if he had made the same move.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I'd like to see you have the guts to go out there on the night of the biggest disappointment of your life after spending years working towards something and then make a speech praising somebody like Trump.

she must be devastated.
Still, at the same time she's been a politician for so many years, giving countless speeches. I'd rather have a bad speech than no speech at all.

prateik

So.. the next time I visit the US and get asked at immigration if I'm a muslim, do I say I'm an atheist or say that I am from a Hindu family?

Which would be the safer bet?

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Devastated for Hillary. Imagine losing out to your dream to a cnut like Trump who's been winging it?!? How the feck did he win? There's literally no demographic he hasn't insulted for fecks sake.

On the positive side at least Trump is going to be be entertaining if nothing else.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
And the rest. May be way off but got the feeling she worked under Obama for 8 years very begrudgingly just on the promise and assumption that she'd be the next President. She's literally dreamed of this day for probably over a decade. Devastating.

Well I'll think about your expert political analysis and get back to you.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Ah ok. You are a nice safe distance from everything as well.
We have our own evil politicians in power to be fair. Trump only talks about racist stuff. We actually deport regugees to concentration camps in the third world to be raped, de facto tortured and murdered.

Rudie

Mentary
So.. the next time I visit the US and get asked at immigration if I'm a muslim, do I say I'm an atheist or say that I am from a Hindu family?

Which would be the safer bet?
If you feel that you have to lie then why would you? So much more of the world out there to see which is far more welcoming.

Theonas

Scout
Well I've just woken up to this. It's pretty fecking unreal it must be said.

I'm going to leave the doom-laden predictions to others and stick with the one unequivocal positive of President Trump:

No President Hillary Clinton. I am not happy about Trump winning, and I have various reservations about what it'll mean for us and the rest of the world in the next four years. But the fact that in my heart of hearts I'm not devastated, nor outraged, nor even particularly sad about Trump's win speaks volumes. I don't think Trump will be good for America, but nor do I think Hillary Clinton would have been. I don't believe her and her ilk give a shit about the people of America, I think she wanted the presidency because she feels it is her place to wield power over people, and I can't help but be pleased that she's taken a kick in the teeth tonight. If Trump leaves enough of America and the world left in four years for Hillary and her hordes of corporate shill, born to rule, career politicians can be replaced by people who actually want to get into office to improve the lives of ordinary people, good.

I'm not happy that Trump has won, but I'm taking grim satisfaction in the fact that Hillary hasn't. You might say it isn't the time for any kind of satisfaction, but I can't help how I feel about this. If you're worried for yourself and your family because of this result, then I'm sorry and I'm not looking to twist any knives. I just can't help how I feel about Clinton's defeat.
That has never been nor will it ever be the case. If you are a politician and can rise that high up, you are a power hungry, manipulative person who is willing to do plenty for the sake of those powers. It's just a question of degrees. The idea that people genuinely think her behaviour is so shocking and that there is someone out there who will come in in his shiny armour to save the day is no less ridiculous than believing in Santa.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
My son has just told me he isn't going through with his scholarship applications to US colleges :lol:

prateik

If you feel that you have to lie then why would you? So much more of the world out there to see which is far more welcoming.
Neither is a lie. I'm an atheist from a Hindu family . I know Americans are pretty religious, so they might not like an atheist. I didnt know if Trump had a problem with Hindus.

Looks like he doesnt.

Status
Not open for further replies.