2017 Confederations Cup

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Cristiano 1-0

First ever Portugal goal in Russia. It seems it's easy to be more dangerous from crosses when there's more than a threat in the box. Who knew

jungledrums

Cristiano 1-0

First ever Portugal goal in Russia. It seems it's easy to be more dangerous from crosses when there's more than a threat in the box. Who knew
Yeah no doubt this is a way more exciting lineup to the first game for Portugal. Seems odd to play Adrien, Gomes and Carvalho at the same time if he's gonna shaft Gomes wide though. Wouldn't Nani be better wide left and one of Gomes/Adrien picked to play alongside William?

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
Yeah no doubt this is a way more exciting lineup to the first game for Portugal. Seems odd to play Adrien, Gomes and Carvalho at the same time if he's gonna shaft Gomes wide though. Wouldn't Nani be better wide left and one of Gomes/Adrien picked to play alongside William?
Guerreiro is fantastic offensively and not that good defensively so we don't really need an attacking player in that side. It helps in controlling the midfield and we don't really need him to do much offensively.

MullerUtd

I wish I had lumped some dough on Portugal to win. They were priced at over evens and I'm surprised at how high the bookies give Portugal considering how shite Russia is these days.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Ronaldo's celebration irks me. What an egotistical twat!
Eh, sarcasm? I find most top world class athletes have an arrogance about them, part of what has driven them to such success. He's nowhere near the ego levels of Barry Bonds and Donald Trump.

Ronaldo's goal celebration is stupid and lacks creativity while not looking anywhere near a "I'm having fun doing this."

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
He's literally taunting the fans while he celebrates so I'm guessing the celebration wasn't meant to please people.

MullerUtd

Eh, sarcasm? I find most top world class athletes have an arrogance about them, part of what has driven them to such success. He's nowhere near the ego levels of Barry Bonds and Donald Trump.

Ronaldo's goal celebration is stupid and lacks creativity while not looking anywhere near a "I'm having fun doing this."
Tongue-in-cheek yes :p his celebration + Griezmann hotline bling celebration annoys me. :lol:

MullerUtd

Russia has better beef up their squad with more quality within this 1 year or they would be the worst World Cup host since South Africa. Such a mediocre and average team, so painful to watch.

MoskvaRed

Portugal looking very good - maybe the liberating effect of finally getting that monkey off their back when they won the Euros. Russia look like they will struggle to get out of their group next summer.

massi83

Russia has better beef up their squad with more quality within this 1 year or they would be the worst World Cup host since South Africa. Such a mediocre and average team, so painful to watch.
So worse than Brazil and 4th place. Yeah, probably.

Santos J

Good half but could do with creating a few more chances. Also, thank feck we have Pepe.

flappyjay

Yeah but four years later Qatar will be getting thrashed thus winning the worst host award

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Ronaldo's lost quite a bit of pace hasn't he? Seems to struggle a bit running with the ball. Still has amazing movement off the ball obviously... Just didn't quite notice until recently that he's not very quick these days!

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Amazes me how such a mediocre team managed to win the Euro.

They're on the same level as England.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Is Russia missing any key players? They look so average
Yeah, Dzagoev's creativity is pretty much irreplaceable. Although even at full strength this team is pretty much average.