2017 EFL Cup Winners!

cyberman

Redknapp may as well not have shown up to Wembley for all of his analysis of the game today.
Why in Gods name would you go on a tangent about money spent and league position or if we can challenge for the title straight after the final fecking whistle.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Spot on. Fergie would've acted the same. His wave to the crowd was even a bit apologetic, as in 'i'm sorry that we're 6th when we should be challenging for the title'. He knows he got much bigger things to do here. He knows what the expectations are. Over celebrating the league cup would seem a bit small time. Just goes to shows what a winner he is, and that he understands what Manchester United is about.
This. He was right to leave the celebrating to the players. The public displays of celebration, anyway. I've no doubt he'll be joining in behind the scenes but the whole stony faced thing was purely symbolic imo.

leontas

Brilliant! Not our best performance, but it's the result that counts.

Let this be the platform for bigger and better things. Come on Mourinho! Come on United!

Sylar

A trophy is an end result and can want you wanting more. I remember how important this trophy was in 06 for the players we had that time. It got them wanting more, got the spirit up and started a run of trophy after trophy.
Hoping its the same catalyst with the new manager.

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
It's what the game is about, winning things. Great feeling, not the best performance by any means but we're starting to get a bit of character about us again and Jose has us heading in the right direction.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
I knew Southampton would have a real go at us, and we'd look a bit tired.
It was their cup final.

Giggs86

A trophy is an end result and can want you wanting more. I remember how important this trophy was in 06 for the players we had that time. It got them wanting more, got the spirit up and started a run of trophy after trophy.
Hoping its the same catalyst with the new manager.
Looking back now, during that time in '06, I would never in my wildest dreams have imagined we'd end up dominating European football in two years. Just imagine if we will be back there two years from now.

ghagua

Great feeling to win the trophy. Hopefully we can push on and get 2nd place the in the league. Southampton played a great game as well.

Quizierda

Even though I don't care about this Micky Mouse cup tbh (and would have laughed about the Scousers or Gunners celebrating this "title" like a 'big thing' - and I even find it cringy that we go crazy about this tbf) this win was/is so immense for the confidence and mentality of our lads!

We deserved nothing yesterday - we were tired af and the Sanits played very good and displayed our weaknesses nearly every 5 Minutes.

However, good for the momentum and may give the boys a boost for a tight schedule ahead.

Let's move on!!

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
Even though I don't care about this Micky Mouse cup tbh (and would have laughed about the Scousers or Gunners celebrating this "title" like a 'big thing' - and I even find it cringy that we go crazy about this tbf) this win was/is so immense for the confidence and mentality of our lads!

We deserved nothing yesterday - we were tired af and the Sanits played very good and displayed our weaknesses nearly every 5 Minutes.

However, good for the momentum and may give the boys a boost for a tight schedule ahead.

Let's move on!!
So we are allowed to enjoy it then? Cheers bloke on the internet.

Lan

Anyone have a picture of Ibra and Herrera celebrating after the 3rd goal? Thought it was funny, Herrera is looking up at him like a love struck teenager.

Reactions: Sultan

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.

Let's move on!!
Yeah fully agree. It's very cringey to celebrate winning the cup (even if it helps their confidence). We should only celebrate winning the league - but only if we do it without losing a single game during the season, and Champions League but only if we beat the opposition by 2 goals in regular time in the final. Otherwise it's pathetic to celebrate.