g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

2017 Pre Season | Barcelona vs Manchester United

Raw

Barça XI: Cillessen, Rakitic, Sergio, Suárez, Messi, Neymar, Semedo, Mascherano, Aleñá, Jordi Alba, Umtiti

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I don't particularly care who we have in defence in a friendly, as long as it's entertaining I'm happy.

Walters_19_MuFc

4231. Nice.

Guess we'll see something similar to what we saw against City. Drop back, two banks of four, narrow and hit them on the counter.

Devil may care

I was hoping Pereira and Martial would start, it looks like 4-2-3-1 with Pogba stuck deep, not a fan of Rashford and Lingard as the wide options.

Dazzmondo

Great to see all of Neymar, Messi, and Suarez starting for Barca, we couldn't ask for a better test for our defence. Really hope Lindelof has a good game today. Happy to see Rashford and Lukaku combo again. Think this is our starting XI vs Real with Herrera instead of Carrick.

themoyesboy

Looking forward to this preview of next year's Champions League final.

Let's ruin 'em and send a message to the whole world!!!!

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Hope we play a positive game. O don't want to stay up late just to watch Barca keep 99% of the ball and pass it round our box.

Paul_Scholes18

It look like a potential lineup for the start of the season except that Herrera will play for Carrick when he is back.

Although I doubt that is the defense we will use even if Valencia starts. So far this preseason I think Bailly and Jones have looked like the best 2.

Hard to tell what Mourinho thinks due to all 4 of our central defenders and both Blind and Darmian could be potential starters.

LoSpritz

Last time I remember us playing in grey we got stuffed by the saints. Fergie said the players couldn't see each other if my memory serves me well

lysglimt

Scout
Lindelof and Smalling against Messi, Neymar and Suarez :nervous:
Don't worry - we are playing in grey so noone can see Lindelöf tackling Messi...3 seconds late. It will be that invisible man that sent Butt to the ground all those years ago (was it against Sunderland ? - if anyone remembers)

Paul_Scholes18

Great to see all of Neymar, Messi, and Suarez starting for Barca, we couldn't ask for a better test for our defence. Really hope Lindelof has a good game today. Happy to see Rashford and Lukaku combo again. Think this is our starting XI vs Real with Herrera instead of Carrick.
You sure about Lindelöf and Smalling starting? I guess though with Bailly suspended it is fairly likely so you are probably right.

edcunited1878

Lingard should tuck inside more to support the midfield duo of Carrick and Pogba...or else United will get run over in midfield, again.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Blind's speed will be perfect against their attackers!

Why are they playing Neymar? Thought he was leaving.

Dazzmondo

You sure about Lindelöf and Smalling starting? I guess though with Bailly suspended it is fairly likely so you are probably right.
I would have thought Jones would start tbh but the rest of this team seems like 1st choice (apart from Carrick but Herrera's injured) so probably. The only other position I'm unsure of is potentially lb, but I think Blind might be given the nod to start the season. Can't see the rest of the team changing. Maybe Lingard if Martial or Mata excel in last couple pre-season games

Red Rom

Have a great time man! Just out of interest, you mention something called the "supporter section" is that as opposed to a "corporate" section or are there lots of other sections in US football? I've quite enjoyed watchin the lack of segregation in the US pre-season tour and just wondered how it worked over there? Not taking the piss – genuine question btw! Also I heard the cheapest ticket was like $100 is that right? :nervous:
Thanks! So excited right now!

Yeah, they have a "supporters section" behind one net for United (I assume they do for Barca too) where you have to get the tickets through your local supporters club. And yeah, it cost me $200 so it's not cheap haha.

adamwest

Yeah, they have a "supporters section" behind one net for United (I assume they do for Barca too) where you have to get the tickets through your local supporters club. And yeah, it cost me $200 so it's not cheap haha.
Enjoy mate hopefully we don't get hammered!

Camy89

Love Island obsessive

Can you please start the 'His teeth are offside, his teeth are offsiiiiiiide, Luis Suarez, his teeth are offside' chant?

Pretty please.

WhoDaGOAT

Looking forward to seeing Aleñá.

Should be a good test against 9 of Barça's regular 11.

Paul_Scholes18

I would have thought Jones would start tbh but the rest of this team seems like 1st choice (apart from Carrick but Herrera's injured) so probably. The only other position I'm unsure of is potentially lb, but I think Blind might be given the nod to start the season. Can't see the rest of the team changing. Maybe Lingard if Martial or Mata excel in last couple pre-season games
Yeah it will be interesting to see. Maybe play Smalling and Lindelöf for Real game and then Bailly and Jones for West Ham?

Dazzmondo

Yeah it will be interesting to see. Maybe play Smalling and Lindelöf for Real game and then Bailly and Jones for West Ham?
Possibly though it would be a bit surprising. That would tell me that Jose doesn't know his preferred defence which is a bit worrying going into the season.

Canagel

Lukaku needs to bully their defence. It doesn't look the strongest with Mascherano and Umtiti at the back.