2017 Pre Season | Sampdoria vs Manchester United

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
Because the midfield two are often outnumbered.

Giggs, Beckham, Keane (huge stamina levels)

Kanté, Albrigton and Okazaki (huge stamina levels)

Gabi, Tiago, Koke and Saúl (huge stamina levels)
Its one of the great caf myths.
Some on the caf think that in a 442 that only the 2 center mids are involved and that they are outnumbered by the 3 in a 433 for example.
One of the first things kids learn is to get compact when out of possession. A 442 means there are 4 available in midfield out of possession and not 2. The wide midfielders dont have to stay out wide, they have jobs to do depending on the situation. No team attacks with its wide players and also fullbacks on both sides all in the opposition defending 3rd. None of the teams I have ever coached if using 442 ever had any problem with being outnumbered in the midfield when playing a 433. Its a nonsense.
In possession there are 4 against 3 as well.

Utdstar01

Not sure Mitchell is ready yet either TBH. Needs to work on his positioning and strength, seems a bit light weight. Certainly got great potential though, but no need to throw him in deep water
It's all down to maturity tbh. When it comes down to talent the difference is vast really.

WhoDaGOAT

Some on the caf think that in a 442 that only the 2 center mids are involved and that they are outnumbered by the 3 in a 433 for example.
One of the first things kids learn is to get compact when out of possession. A 442 means there are 4 available in midfield out of possession and not 2. The wide midfielders dont have to stay out wide, they have jobs to do depending on the situation. No team attacks with its wide players and also fullbacks on both sides all in the opposition defending 3rd. None of the teams I have ever coached if using 442 ever had any problem with being outnumbered in the midfield when playing a 433. Its a nonsense.
Unless you have won a Champions League medal, I'm not really interested in your opinion on coaching.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Going with my 8 year old. All very exciting. He doesn't get to see Pogba, watch out for 2 man pitch invasion.

Unmutual

SAF broke up our famed 4-4-2 of '99 and went for an unpopular 4-5-1 for the very reason that in Europe we were being consistently outnumbering in our midfield. And Pellegrini got slaughtered in the press for playing 4-4-2 in Europe and being outnumbered in the middle in key games. I guess you're a better coach than those guys.

jungledrums

I do agree with the underlying point you're making but in practice it's not like that. The only way you completely match up is if you drop one of the strikers and play them deeper, making a 4-2-3-1/4-5-1 anyway. The shape of the 4 in the middle, even taking into account the wingers tucking in, doesn't simply equate to the numerical advantage you claim it does.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
I do agree with the underlying point you're making but in practice it's not like that. The only way you completely match up is if you drop one of the strikers and play them deeper, making a 4-2-3-1/4-5-1 anyway. The shape of the 4 in the middle, even taking into account the wingers tucking in, doesn't simply equate to the numerical advantage you claim it does.
The shape of the 4 in the middle is relative to the situation taking place. Its the big problem wth the formation muppets that they dont think in practical terms with respect to the actual situations taking place. There is never 1 single reason for using a particular formation but always multiple reasons and unfortunately theoretical formations are latched onto but principles of play get ignored in here. With respect to being outnumbered in the middle when out of possession the principles based around 1v1, 2v2 and most importantly 3v5 come into play. Sadly nobody ever talks about those things but they come up with simplistic ideas and arguments based on formations.

Pogba's Barber

Supports
Droylsden FC
According to MEN, Romero, Lingard and Mitchell didn't travel.
De Gea and Valencia are back after missing last match.
Didn't Lingard also stay at home for the Vålerenga game? I know he played one of the most minutes in the USA games, but I thought he'd feature tonight as we don't play again until next Tuesday. Unless he's carrying a knock..?

sunama

Baghdad Bob
How did Atlético, Juventus and City fare in Europe? All exploited by Barcelona and Real. 4-4-2 will not stop a Messi or Ronaldo.
Out of interest, that game when Barca got beat 4-0 was it?
What formation did PSG use to do this?

DJ Jeff

Not so Jazzy
Soaring like a candy wrapper caught in an updraft
For anyone who hasn't been to the Aviva in a while they've got a new policy of no bags or rucksacks allowed at all. Plus they're expecting much longer queues than usual due to stricter searches. You have been warned...
Feck. I'm coming up to stay in my gfs, I'll have a bag on my back but I've nowhere to put it. Will I be allowed in?

Ainu

Form Guide

Manchester United: WWWLW
Sampdoria: DLDDL
That Sampdoria form... Are those pre-season games or does it include games from last season? If the former, that doesn't do much to start the new season in good spirit. Just imagine the scene here on Redcafe if United would post such pre-season figures. :lol::nervous:

Lord Zlatan

Work 10 mins walk from the stadium and just willing the clock down now...its a gorgeous balmy evening in Dublin so should be great night

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Feck. I'm coming up to stay in my gfs, I'll have a bag on my back but I've nowhere to put it. Will I be allowed in?
Dear Supporter,

The Football Association of Ireland will host Manchester United v Sampdoria on August 2nd.

All supporters attending this fixture are asked to take note of the following new security measures;

• AVIVA Stadium Management are introducing a “No Bag Policy” to all events in the stadium
  • Its important that you do not bring any bags or rucksacks to the match
  • Extra Safety & Security measures will be in place at this fixture
  • Searching procedures will be in place at all entry points and because of this it is advisable that all supporters arrive one hour ahead of kick off
  • Medical equipment will be allowed but will be subject to search prior to entry

If you have any queries or concerns in relation to any of the above points please contact
info@avivastadium.ie
You might need a plan B?