2018 US Elections

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Am I right in assuming that House representatives are in charge of running elections for 2020 - so less likely to be voter suppression next time round?

Suedesi

Why the feck does a guy in Melbourne give two shits about local politics in Maryland? Or a guy in Birmingham about Florida? Feels like Europeans / Aussies are obsessed with America, the bestest country in the goddamn world.

fecking gloryhunters ;)

InfiniteBoredom

Why the feck does a guy in Melbourne give two shits about local politics in Maryland? Or a guy in Birmingham about Florida? Feels like Europeans / Aussies are obsessed with America, the bestest country in the goddamn world.

fecking gloryhunters ;)
Strange take given your affiliation to a football club on the other side of the Atlantic.

Also the fascination is that of watching a traincrash. Evidently hard to understand for someone on that train.

GiddyUp

What’s your criteria to despise then because it seems entirely arbitrary? I obviously don’t live in Maryland but from what I see of his platform compared to Jealous, he seems like a run of the mill Republican without the batshit crazy conspiracy theories and a nice demeanor i.e John Kasich. If that’s all it takes to separate him from the pack then I still don’t think the criticism is fair given that he voted on consistent principles whereas much of what you can stomach is predicated on personality. If Trump is not a vulgar, deranged homunculus, would you be accepting the same policy package with a liberal New York behaviors?
Listen, the GOP is off it's head right now but Maryland is pretty stable with a popular Republican governor and a functioning Democratic state legislature. Would i have like Jealous, sure. I agree with him more than i ever would Hogan but that doesn't mean i have to hate the guy. O'Malley was a pretty unpopular guy here also. The policies that Eboue mentioned are standard Republican fare, I've argued against these ideas until im blue in the face but it doesn't change much and Eboue certainlyreminds me of these people. We tend to agree to disagree and we can still get on outside of a political conversation.
The thing i hate most about trump is the constant lying, he should in way be allowed to get away with it so no matter how much I hate the Republican Party i will still nod the head to someone like Kasich who shows a bit of sense every once in a while.
And Eboue is wrong, I work in F&B so on a fewo occasions Hogan has come over and chatted with us.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
Strange take given your affiliation to a football club on the other side of the Atlantic.

Also the fascination is that of watching a traincrash. Evidently hard to understand for someone on that train.
I think it's more like we want know what time we have to reset the doomsday clock to seeing as the USA has an annoyingly and ridiculously massive say in the future of the world.

GiddyUp

Nothing more is necessary. You lost all credibility with this.
What a weird existence you live in. Kinda feel sorry for you but then i read this and decide, nah, feck it.
Eboue
nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
Scouse Lover

Supports: Arsenal

InfiniteBoredom

I think it's more like we want know what time we have to reset the doomsday clock to seeing as the USA has an annoyingly and ridiculously massive say in the future of the world.
I’ve learned to compartmentalize it. No good going about your day-to-days worrying about what those tiny fingers can do.

On the whole though, I’m scared shitless of the USA turning into 21st century Nazi Germany, so obviously an alarm bell or two are ringing when they keep putting these right wing Nazi wannabes into power.

Suedesi

Football is entertainment - politics on the other hand? Mate you need better hobbies.

Australians talking crap about the US is funny though, gotta admit. Your refugee policy is pretty brutal, don't you cage asylum seekers on some islands off the coast and even try to ship thousands of them to the US? You've got cnuts for elected officials, maybe fix your house first.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
From what I can see, it's Trump 2020 unless there's a downturn.

Eboue

I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me
What a weird existence you live in. Kinda feel sorry for you but then i read this and decide, nah, feck it.
Eboue
Scouse Lover

This guy voted for a Republican folks

I would put my confidence in the Democrats genuinely fighting for us then Republicans.
I would love to see you're energy directed at the real enemy of democracy, Republicans

Sweet Square

ˈkämyənəst

fecking gloryhunters ;)
You've got all the big bombs and a lot of stupid people. We have to care sadly.

langster

Scout
Football is entertainment - politics on the other hand? Mate you need better hobbies.

Australians talking crap about the US is funny though, gotta admit. Your refugee policy is pretty brutal, don't you cage asylum seekers on some islands off the coast and even try to ship thousands of them to the US? You've got cnuts for elected officials, maybe fix your house first.
To be fair to Australia, at least they don't hold immense power and dictate foreign policy to so many countries around the world.

Eboue

I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me
These people are always going on about strategic voting and not waiting for purity ponies and party unity and needing to hold your nose even if the candidate isnt perfect and it turns out they voted for a Republican.

it's just *chefs kiss* perfect

GiddyUp

This guy voted for a Republican folks
I see the Adderall induced trawling of you're verbal diarrhea has unearthed some of my replies but you seem to have missed my comment on the previous page that I didn't vote for Hogan. I should go back and check these myself since you have history of editing my comments and the quoting them.

AlecHDR

Angry, incoherent heterosexual slob
Eboue
Scouse Lover

You voted Republican. Not 1992 or 2014 Republican, 2018 Republican.

InfiniteBoredom

I’m not Australian.

And yes, Nauru and treatment of asylum seekers here are a fecking disgrace, so is Pauline Hanson and her One Nation party. Good thing the Labour Party is winning here and the Liberals will be gotten rid of next year.

Edit: also I’d say my interest in US politics have served me well personally, since I successfully persuaded my mom from emigrating there. Don’t want her anywhere near your shithole of a country.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
From what I can see, it's Trump 2020 unless there's a downturn.
Hopefully more of his voter base (old white males) will die off a little more by next election and better organisation in terms of getting voters registered or in a position where they can be registered more quickly take place for the next election.

Another two years of shit to be held accountable for too.

If he does get re-elected which is what I expect - if he does so in a restricted environment then hopefully it will prevent him from causing as much destruction as he could do if both house and senate are republican.

langster

Scout
International student heavily taken advantage of to the tune of +200k AUD in school fees alone, and current wage slave.
Even worse. Economic migrant that becomes a massive drain on local economy and will never be able to repay massive student loans paid for by hard-working taxpayers. You should be sent to PNG and have a fecking wall built around you.

At least you didn't vote Republican though.

Supports
Barcelona
Happiest political news in 2 years. God, the world can breathe again, even if partially.

InfiniteBoredom

Even worse. Economic migrant that becomes a massive drain on local economy and will never be able to repay massive student loans paid for by hard-working taxpayers. You should be sent to PNG and have a fecking wall built around you.

At least you didn't vote Republican though.
If you know Oz, you’d send me to Darwin. No need for plane ticket and I’d die from the various forms of wildlife there within a week.