2018 US Elections

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
Proud of the some of what I saw today. Some young people really making an effort, well to do liberals I know donating to people like Beto. Still a tragedy though that even in California we had some places like Norwalk with 5 hour lines

Have to change all the hurdles to voting, its embarrassing that even in electric blue Cali this happens :(

InfiniteBoredom

Is that it?
Surely you see the hypocrisy in berating him for abstaining on Clinton (and actually voted straight ticket Democratic otherwise) and then voting for an actual Republican yourself (member of a party you've repeatedly berated and denigrated, deservedly I may add, in this forum)?

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me
larry hogan is anti refugee, anti public transportation, anti legalization, pro asset forfeiture, anti education, anti transgender rights, anti reenfranchisement of felons

ben jealous is pro single payer, pro legalization, pro raising the minimum wage, pro free college

but hey, hogan shook giddyups hand at the eagles club so thats all moot

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
larry hogan is anti refugee, anti public transportation, anti legalization, pro asset forfeiture, anti education, anti transgender rights, anti reenfranchisement of felons

ben jealous is pro single payer, pro legalization, pro raising the minimum wage, pro free college

Trump prose.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
What does this mean?
Dems winning the House means Trump agenda cant go through like the last 3 years. The Dems losing Fl and Ga Govs hurts but gaining control of the House was most important from a strategic view.

If the Dems could dump Pelosi that would really help us all

Charlie Foley

Dude, that's not refreshing, that's depressing as hell. Refreshing would be reading "Steve King loses seat and is attacked and eaten by a flock of angry crows and black cats when leaving his home"
He meant his page refreshed :lol:

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me
because the narrative was a blue wave. i would expect a true wave to make progress in the senate. instead they lost indiana, they lost north dakota, they lost missouri, they lost florida, they lost texas. basically the only place they won was montana, where i single handedly saved the republic.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
A bit expected. The Dems have lost all the toss-up seats though. Trump can be satisfied in the end.

GiddyUp

Surely you see the hypocrisy in berating him for abstaining on Clinton (and actually voted straight ticket Democratic otherwise) and then voting for an actual Republican yourself (member of a party you've repeatedly berated and denigrated, deservedly I may add, in this forum)?
I didn't say i voted for him but im not surprised he won. Wasn't Eboue pissing his pants last year about Hillary's deplorable comment but now his every Republican must be crushed.
Hogan is a very popular Governor in this state but the majority of my family and friends votewent to Jealous. I don't hate him just because an unhappy person like eboue says I should. I have enough Republicans in this country to despise but Phil Hogan isn't one of them.
Also, I will never ever stop reminding eboue of his shitty decision in 16, no matter how informative his posts are or how much he changes my opinion on the shitshow of American political policy.

GiddyUp

You jump to so many conclusions that I'm suprised you can sit still to type some of this shite.

InfiniteBoredom

I didn't say i voted for him but im not surprised he won. Wasn't Eboue pissing his pants last year about Hillary's deplorable comment but now his every Republican must be crushed.
Hogan is a very popular Governor in this state but the majority of my family and friends votewent to Jealous. I don't hate him just because an unhappy person like eboue says I should. I have enough Republicans in this country to despise but Phil Hogan isn't one of them.
Also, I will never ever stop reminding eboue of his shitty decision in 16, no matter how informative his posts are or how much he changes my opinion on the shitshow of American political policy.
What’s your criteria to despise then because it seems entirely arbitrary? I obviously don’t live in Maryland but from what I see of his platform compared to Jealous, he seems like a run of the mill Republican without the batshit crazy conspiracy theories and a nice demeanor i.e John Kasich. If that’s all it takes to separate him from the pack then I still don’t think the criticism is fair given that he voted on consistent principles whereas much of what you can stomach is predicated on personality. If Trump is not a vulgar, deranged homunculus, would you be accepting the same policy package with a liberal New York behaviors?

shabadu84

Mint? Berry?
because the narrative was a blue wave. i would expect a true wave to make progress in the senate. instead they lost indiana, they lost north dakota, they lost missouri, they lost florida, they lost texas. basically the only place they won was montana, where i single handedly saved the republic.
Dems made very good gains tonight but are also seeing the impact of GOP gerrymandering and voter suppression efforts. Despite greatly outperforming the GOP from the last midterm swing on the popular vote, they'll only gain ~33 seats whereas the GOP gained ~63. Undoing that should be a priority and they've taken a solid step to correcting that.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Watch out for that wave everyone

Reminds me of the time I was at a resort in Nadi, Fiji - there was a minor earthquake nearby and because of that there was a tidal wave warning that went out to the whole island. We were all taken to this 'tidal wave proof' building on the resort to wait out the eventual wave.

Nearly three hours later we get the message that the wave has hit..... All 1m of it.

I was raging, I could have bodyboarded that.