2019/20 Rivals - Chelsea

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Kepa is the new Morata, Who was the new Torres and so on.

Kepa is now histories worst goal keeper ? Or taking the blame for our abysmal defence and short on confidence due to being mismanaged.

Hard to save shots when the ball gets squared across the 6 yard area for a tap ins every game, free headers from corners inside said 6 yard area, defenders show players on their strong foot and don't close down shots.

If we don't improve tactically and or change personal next season, we'll still ship goals left right and centre regardless of who is gk.

Kepa just another scapegoat.

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
Kepa is the new Morata, Who was the new Torres and so on.

Kepa is now histories worst goal keeper ? Or taking the blame for our abysmal defence and short on confidence due to being mismanaged.

Hard to save shots when the ball gets squared across the 6 yard area for a tap ins every game, free headers from corners inside said 6 yard area, defenders show players on their strong foot and don't close down shots.

If we don't improve tactically and or change personal next season, we'll still ship goals left right and centre regardless of who is gk.

Kepa just another scapegoat.
This is bullshit.
We dont face that many shots compared to other teams. Just nearly every shot goes in goal.
We are losing games to teams who just have 1 or 2 shots at goal

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
This is bullshit.
We dont face that many shots compared to other teams. Just nearly every shot goes in goal.
We are losing games to teams who just have 1 or 2 shots at goal
Quality of chances matters a lot, guess we'll see next season if we change keeper.

That is why we're also third in the Xpts table.

For me we're tactically inept defensively and Kepa is getting the blame.

This is why we got Lampard in, no one in the fan base questioning. Blame Kepa or whoever instead.

Got to give it to our senior management and Mr A, they might be lucky (we could have sunk billions in to a new stadium just before worst recession in a century) but they've really nailed it last few seasons on a budget v performances and Trophy basis.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Quality of chances matters a lot, guess we'll see next season if we change keeper.

That is why we're also third in the Xpts table.

For me we're tactically inept defensively and Kepa is getting the blame.

This is why we got Lampard in, no one in the fan base questioning. Blame Kepa or whoever instead.

Got to give it to our senior management and Mr A, they might be lucky (we could have sunk billions in to a new stadium just before worst recession in a century) but they've really nailed it last few seasons on a budget v performances and Trophy basis.
We have a lower xGA than Liverpool. Kepa has the lowest save percentage literally in the history of the PL. He's absolute wank and you're kidding yourself if you believe otherwise.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Interesting news on Tammy - apparently he hit performance clauses based on games played & goals scored, resulting in an automatic 1 year extension to his deal:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...-means-tammy-abraham-has-three-years-chelsea/

So definitely less urgency to get him re-signed this summer. I'd expect he'd want to see how his minutes are affected by the new signings anyway before committing, but this way he won't be able to leave on the cheap next year.

tjb

I think Lampard and Chelsea did well to put themselves in this position, similar to Ole. Both were faced with difficult situations and squads and have handled it far better than experienced counterparts. For me, its because they understand their clubs values and have the motivation and enthusiasm to take on a project as big as what they were faced with. Of course, not all young inexperienced managers are this good, but there is a huge advantage in having a manager more concerned about the progress of their clubs than their managerial legacies. It's the environment Fergie created and is the reason we are as big as we are today...noone, not even the manager, is bigger than the club.

I feel both clubs needed managers with patience and enthusiasm to rebuild. Where more brand based managers would demand for transfers and sales regardless of the clubs finances, looking at expensive short term fixes and ruining relationships with players over minor personal matters, managers like Ole and Lampard have been more willing to accomodate and adapt to their clubs and players while still getting things done. It's the reason why both teams have been able to turnaround so quickly. I personally think this is why Fergie wanted Moyes as our manager. He assumed that he would be willing to adapt to the system that already existed at the club due to truly understanding the players and the size of the club ( moreso that many foreign managers).

Walters_19_MuFc

Lampard has currently bought Werner and Ziyech, and have been rumoured to buy another attacking player in Kai Havertz. However, I look at their team and think, they're in desperate need of a centre back more than anything right now. A defensive midfielder, too (been linked to Rice).

Castia

Said this in the other thread but....

Seems they budgeted with CL in mind but after today’s result that’s far from guaranteed. They’ve spent £90m already and with no CL money probably don’t have much left to spend.

Wolves and Liverpool to play yet in the league.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Lampard has currently bought Werner and Ziyech, and have been rumoured to buy another attacking player in Kai Havertz. However, I look at their team and think, they're in desperate need of a centre back more than anything right now. A defensive midfielder, too (been linked to Rice).
They need everything basically.Tammy is overachieving, he only scored 1 league goals in his last 10 league games. Their 2nd top scorer is Willian only scored 9 league goals and he's leaving end of the season.

Signing Werner & Havertz are the right idea to improve their goals. They also need a leadership centre back & a midfield who can protect their defense.

AshRK

Why didn't lampard start kovacic. I always feel he is their most creative player. Not a good day for them.

Infestissumam

can't just sign attackers ... they are leaking goals for fun. Definitely need to invest heavily to improve that defense.

KennyBurner

They have overachieved this season. Good on Lampard for taking them this far. They are heavy favorites in the Europa league next year with all their new shiny signings who thought they would be playing in the Champions league.

Idxomer

The hoof the ball tactic after going down 0-2 was right out of Mourinho's textbook.

Morpheus 7

Lampard's Chelsea have lost 11 games in the prem so far. Sick of this Lampard's done well rubbish, English media incapable of criticism of him.

paraguayo

Supports
neutral
They have overachieved this season. Good on Lampard for taking them this far. They are heavy favorites in the Europa league next year with all their new shiny signings who thought they would be playing in the Champions league.
Doesnt 5th place qualify CL this year?

RyRoc

I think in terms of personnel Chelsea are average defensively but I do think Lampard deserves a bit of criticism for not addressing their issues. That defence will make individual errors fair enough but even Arteta at Arsenal who have a similar quality in terms of individuals, has them set up more organised and a better shape. Lampard has dismissed this element of Chelsea all season and it’s caught up with them.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Are they really going to spend circa 80m on Havertz with that defence?

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
How have they overachieved? It's the team that finished 3rd last season with 72 points. Pulisic in, Hazard out. Otherwise the same squad. Missing out on top 4 would not be overarchieving.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I think Lampard will be fine, he just needs to be less naive, his line up is too offensive. Jorginho, Mount & Barkley. That's too offensive with no balance for midfield 3 today.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
They were totally bossed by a much more physical, organised side. Massive credit to Chris Wilder, who's done an incredible job there.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Not at all a strong outfit, and why no-one thought they'd make top 4 this season. Us under performing let them in
5th would be par for expectations.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
I think in terms of personnel Chelsea are average defensively but I do think Lampard deserves a bit of criticism for not addressing their issues. That defence will make individual errors fair enough but even Arteta at Arsenal who have a similar quality in terms of individuals, has them set up more organised and a better shape. Lampard has dismissed this element of Chelsea all season and it’s caught up with them.
I agree with this. I would go further and say they have better personnel than Arsenal, certainly at CB. My worry for Chelsea fans would be that he isn’t coaching them properly.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Who said missing out on the top 4 would be overachieving?
A few comments above mine it says that they are overachiving. A United win on Sunday and they're not in top 4, i.e. finishing top 4 is out of their hands.

KennyBurner

They just dont have hazard to bail them out with his creativity anymore. Willian isn't enough either.

RooneyLegend

It's difficult to judge Lampard given he didn't have a transfer market last summer so the squad isn't all the way there. At the moment I'd say he's doing an average job with the current conditions. Not doing well or poorly. Still confused as to what system he's trying to implement but we'll find out next season.

KennyBurner

How have they overachieved? It's the team that finished 3rd last season with 72 points. Pulisic in, Hazard out. Otherwise the same squad. Missing out on top 4 would not be overarchieving.
Hazard out is a bid dip in creativity. Pulisic replacing him doesn't mean much as Hazard is vastly superior. Its like replacing messi with a decent winger and expecting the same results.

Prodigal7

This is the first team Chelsea have played post lockdown that showed any motivation to win tbh. Palace could easily have got a result if they really wanted one