2019/20 Rivals - Spurs | Bergwijn out for the remainder of the season

slored1

They're falling apart. Pochettino won't be there after Christmas, I'm fairly certain.

Kag

They lost 13 league games last season. They’ve already lost two of their opening six.

I’ve been saying this for a while; they’re not what they’re cracked up to be. Albeit I acknowledge they still punch well above their weight. Something of a miracle run to the Champions League final has pulled the wool over too many eyes and it will become increasingly obvious as the season progresses.

Alexit

Absolute bottlers this lot. Has Kane is committed long term to this travesty? I'd like to see Eriksen move on from this, don't care if to us or not.

RyRoc

They've had periods like this before in the last few years where you've felt the wheels are beginning to come off and then they've gone on a great run but something feels different about this time, i'm not sure they make top four this season.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
I said it a while back, they struck gold a few years ago with bargain buys at time when it was still possible. It was always going to be difficult to maintain, recent transfers haven't been as good and the older players are starting to look stale.

The contract situations were bound to happen eventually as a result of valuing players at £100m+ but trying to pay them £20m player type wages.

I do think they'll still finish 3rd this season as they still have more quality than others at this point.

caid

They've had periods like this before in the last few years where you've felt the wheels are beginning to come off and then they've gone on a great run but something feels different about this time, i'm not sure they make top four this season.
Won't finish top 4.
They will, primarily because everyone else just isn't very good.

-Supreme-

Lack of investment and poor decisions in the transfer marketing has been spurs downfall.

The players they should and could easily have sold for huge sums would have given them sufficient funds to reinvest the squad but Levy being a "tough" negotiator has really cocked it up big time, and to think he could have got £250m+ for Danny Rose, Dier, Alderweireld and Eriksen is insane when you look how these players have performed since then.

Those decisions are just as bad as we have been in the transfer market, Levy has got away with the criticism from both fans and media and somehow he has been labelled as the god is truly laughable.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Won't finish top 4.
We will.

The knee-jerk reaction on here is amazing. We're only 6 games into the season and Spurs have already played have 3 of the hardest away fixtures.

cyberman

We will.

The knee-jerk reaction on here is amazing. We're only 6 games into the season and Spurs have already played have 3 of the hardest away fixtures.
All away fixtures are proving difficult for you though. That's a nothing statement to make.

Alabaster Codify7

Poch will go in the summer, hes peaked at Spurs but his under-performing does not mean our manager is any better nor does it give us any kind of moral victory for appointing him. For the record, I wasn't pro-Poch either really.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
We will.

We havent won a single away game for months. There is something seriously wrong.

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
All away fixtures are proving difficult for you though. That's a nothing statement to make.
Let's see how many points our top 4 rivals get from playing away to City, Arsenal and Leicester.

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
We havent won a single away game for months. There is something seriously wrong.
Nothing so seriously wrong that stopped us from reaching the CL final, nor that will IMO stop us from top 4 again this season.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
We will.

I believe you are going to finish outside the top four and win the fa cup or the carabao cup. Then poch will bow out at the end of the season like Klopp at Dortmund. When you look at Spurs team, it is the same as last season with N’Dombele. That doesn’t look good enough to finish fourth especially after that team barely made fourth last season.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Let's see how many points our top 4 rivals get from playing away to City, Arsenal and Leicester.
How about Southampton, Bournemouth and Burnley?

Our away form extends beyond this season, and will continue to. And in 2 of 3 of the games you mention we had the lead and gave it up.

The problem doesn't just lie with 'we've played difficult teams this season', it's a case of we clearly have a fundamental problem with playing away from home.

Burying your head in the sand like a prize ostrich isn't going to help anybody. The mentality of the team right now isn't right - we can't hold a lead, we don't create enough chances, our defence is constantly exposed. We get the odd shining light like Palace at home where things look like they're back on the up, but then we're immediately thrown straight back to earth with a shite result the week after. When was the last time you can remember us going on a really good run in the league?

We're really bad at the moment Glaston. Yeah there's dumb media speculation and hyperbole as always, but the bottom line is the team has failed to be consistently good for a long, long time and it's time to face up to that and start asking why rather than just expecting it to change.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Nothing so seriously wrong that stopped us from reaching the CL final, nor that will IMO stop us from top 4 again this season.
The CL final was a blatant anomaly. Our league form was horrendous for the end of the season, but like many failing sides of the past we were able to gather ourselves for a cup run. There was also a hell of a lot of luck that went in to us reaching the final, as there is with any cup run. Obviously it was brilliant and impressive, but blindly using it to cover up the bigger picture of how poor this team has been in the league, is just .. stupid.

We might well get top 4 this season. The teams competing for top 4 aren't great and if we can maintain half competent home form and improve away a bit, we could probably make it. Won't meet that all is rosy though or that we don't have issues, because we're not progressing .. like, at all.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
I believe you are going to finish outside the top four and win the fa cup or the carabao cup. Then poch will bow out at the end of the season like Klopp at Dortmund. When you look at Spurs team, it is the same as last season with N’Dombele. That doesn’t look good enough to finish fourth especially after that team barely made fourth last season.
None of United, Chelsea, Spurs or Arsenal have looked particularly impressive this season.

The race for the top four is as wide-open as it's ever been in my honest opinion. Even Wolves are in with an outside chance of an upset.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
None of United, Chelsea, Spurs or Arsenal have looked particularly impressive this season.

The race for the top four is as wide-open as it's ever been in my honest opinion. Even Wolves are in with an outside chance of an upset.
Wolves are dreadful this season. No hope.

Leicester have a very outside shot.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman

Yea, but Spurs has definitely been the worst of the bunch for awhile, if you parse their result. Unless, Spurs gets more lucky or their players get more motivated, this will be the season spurs finally finishes outside top four. I believe it is written in the stars like Klopp final season at Dortmund.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Glorious to see the absolute tears today over that offside.

I bloody love it

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
How about Southampton, Bournemouth and Burnley?

Our away form extends beyond this season, and will continue to. And in 2 of 3 of the games you mention we had the lead and gave it up.

The problem doesn't just lie with 'we've played difficult teams this season', it's a case of we clearly have a fundamental problem with playing away from home.

Burying your head in the sand like a prize ostrich isn't going to help anybody. The mentality of the team right now isn't right - we can't hold a lead, we don't create enough chances, our defence is constantly exposed. We get the odd shining light like Palace at home where things look like they're back on the up, but then we're immediately thrown straight back to earth with a shite result the week after. When was the last time you can remember us going on a really good run in the league?

We're really bad at the moment Glaston. Yeah there's dumb media speculation and hyperbole as always, but the bottom line is the team has failed to be consistently good for a long, long time and it's time to face up to that and start asking why rather than just expecting it to change.
I'm not burying my head in the sand. I'm simply saying that IMO we will finish in the top 4 and progress out of the CL group stage into at least the first knockout stage.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
You should all know by now Glaston is never going to acknowledge anything wrong at Spurs ever

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
I'm not burying my head in the sand. I'm simply saying that IMO we will finish in the top 4 and progress out of the CL group stage into at least the first knockout stage.
I agree with the bolded part. I think most people do.

But don't you think you've plateaued progress wise of late, at least in the league?