2019/20 Rivals - Spurs | Bergwijn out for the remainder of the season

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
I see Tottenham in that stick or twist scenario were it would cost more than feasibly possible to catch City and Liverpool, so just trying to top up the squad enough to keep top 4.
Like Arsenal of the last 10 years or so.

But I agree, it'll soon catch up to them. Reaching the CL final masked an average Premier League performance.
A squad that is aging. A few players wanting out. A striker that seems to land on the injury table a lot.

No signings last summer, one this summer (so far). More first team players leaving than coming in.
It's so far, a sign of a club that will slowly be caught up.

If Ole can get our team firing, I fully expect to challenge / finish above Spurs next season

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM
Dembele was a burst balloon, Trippier had issues behind the scenes and wanted out. If we did indeed have a golden generation why didn’t we win anything? It’s bullshit putting us on the same level as any of the top 5 sides at this stage.
Agreed.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
He was good the season before .. he has basically the same amount of good seasons behind him as Ndombele. Who cares if it's just a season long loan? He still improves them next year and that's what we should be concerned about considering they were a point behind us.
You can’t seriously say that if you watched them play. Pepe is a *hulk* player power and speed with very little technique, he would do well in the PL but he is nowhere near the technical level of our guy.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
You can’t seriously say that if you watched them play. Pepe is a *hulk* player power and speed with very little technique, he would do well in the PL but he is nowhere near the technical level of our guy.
I said they had the same amount of good seasons behind them .. not that they were equally as good.

Although that said, I have seen Pepe quite a bit and I think your assessment is incredibly harsh. But that's just personal opinions.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Is it just me or is Lamela always great in pre season then the invisible man when the competitive season kicks off?

Kearnkoff69

Is it just me or is Lamela always great in pre season then the invisible man when the competitive season kicks off?
If there were a word for one more level past "mercurial" that's what Lamela would be. I thought he was going to tear it up for you guys when he signed from Roma but he has never played to his potential with any form of consistency whatsoever. Injuries definitely hampered him, but he does seem to be one of those players who has serious stretches where he's a black hole on the pitch.

BigDub

Supports
Spurs
He's seemingly always the player you come out of preseason saying 'this lad is going to have quite a season'. Then proceeds to get injured and miss large portions of the season. Rinse, repeat. So at this point I guess the only thing to say is that it's looking like he's going to have quite a season coming up :D.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
If there were a word for one more level past "mercurial" that's what Lamela would be. I thought he was going to tear it up for you guys when he signed from Roma but he has never played to his potential with any form of consistency whatsoever. Injuries definitely hampered him, but he does seem to be one of those players who has serious stretches where he's a black hole on the pitch.
He is the polar opposite for us than he was in Roma, it’s what I worry for Dybala, they are very similar style of player at their time in Italy.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
I said they had the same amount of good seasons behind them .. not that they were equally as good.

Although that said, I have seen Pepe quite a bit and I think your assessment is incredibly harsh. But that's just personal opinions.
He’s a flat track bully, it’s effective, but can’t he do it up a notch needs to be seen. Like I said he could very well be a success but Arsenal’s problems are in front of their keeper, where they are weakened so far.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Scared to even mention it but Lamela looks very sharp this pre-season. Fingers crossed he can somehow stay fit.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Spurs look good but surely you'll get an RB in. Foyth keeps on getting tight to wingers and they just knock the ball past him with ease. That's one area which elite teams will continue to target and get some joy from.

Foyth now injured anyway.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Spurs look good but surely you'll get an RB in. Foyth keeps on getting tight to wingers and they just knock the ball past him with ease. That's one area which elite teams will continue to target and get some joy from.

Foyth now injured anyway.
Walker-Peters looked solid first half.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Has Kane ever missed a pen, easily one of the best in world football at them.

Wilt

Kane probably thinking that’s how to take a penalty ....you w@nkers