2020 US Elections | Biden certified as President | Dems control Congress

Status
Not open for further replies.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
I quite like the guy they sub in when John King needs a break. Chris Cuomo on the other hand needs to stop calling his colleagues 'my brother'.
I've never been exposed to him in more than small doses before. He is a very odd man.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Biden camp has publically said they think they’ll win AZ - must have done the math right?
Yup.
Hope you're right. On CNN they just said if the split on the remaining batches of votes mirror the last few batches (they are from the same counties), Trump would draw level with Biden.
CNN also said Biden campaign believe they are OK with the next round of votes and they have better information than they do.

LARulz

Trump has no chance in legal challenges: 'Stop listening to Rudy Giuliani'

Trump knows he has no chance but this is so he goes out differently. He would rather go out in controversy than just a straight loss. This was he can always say it was rigged against him etc.

He's all about ego. Straight loss to Biden doesn't fit that. He makes it chaotic/long and then eventually 'drops' it saying "it's clear the system/swamp is against us... etc"

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
I’ve received 13 Trump related solicitation emails since 700P Tuesday. I replied to one Trump solicitation email one time. Is this a typical number?
The moment you reply to any unsolicited email it gets flagged as active and then shared around, doesnt matter where its from

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Stuck Fox News on for a laugh to see how they're coping. In about 3 minutes we had "100,000 Trump votes found in the garbage", "Biden votes appearing out of nowhere in Wisconsin", "postal votes being counted no matter what date is stamped is on them", and of course a bit of "Deep State" followed about 3 sentences later with a speech about how conspiratorial Democrats are, without the tiniest hint of irony or self awareness of course.

There's millions upon millions of ignorant, gullible people watching this around the clock. I don't know how the feck nobody has been shot yet.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Gerrymandering & drawing of district lines. Always needs to be tweaked from outright gerrymandering of a previous era.
Aye no doubt it's massively consequential but it's not like they weren't taken into account days before this election. Graham appeared to be running scared even with those district lines drawn and yet he's just cruised to victory. That's kind of baffling to me.

InfiniteBoredom

Trump just about managed to get the percentage he needs in that last batch (35k to 24k, 59-41). Which isn’t great because the votes left to be counted will be less friendly than that, with more votes from Dem areas in Maricopa coming in + Pima/Cococino (2 Dem counties) expected to add a few ks, maybe as high as 10, to Biden lead.

So it has definitely tightened a bit, but I can see why AP/Fox made the call. If they split the next 100k or Trump only manages to win by 8,9,10 as opposed to the +18 he needs, its game over.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Maybe relying on the early calls by some news networks, including Fox News

Yeah, there were some tweets a few hours back about how Biden's camp felt these most recent releases were not going to be good for Biden and that the race would tigthened but they felt confident the votes there after wouldn't be enough for Trump to win. Seems like others believe the remaining votes are looking to be particularly good for Trump, so he might end up winning the state, who knows...
Perhaps, just don’t see the evidence of Trump’s results exponentially rising in the next 15% reported.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Non-Americans wanting Trump gone isn't about political orientation, it is about ridding the world of a dangerous lunatic who endangers us all ...
Absolutely right.

If Trump is not actually a Russian agent (whether through being blackmailed or for some other reason), he gives a bloody good impression of being one, doing everything that Putin would want.

Trump has already threatened to withdraw from NATO (and given 4 more years I doubt NATO would survive). He encourages the break-up of the EU. He encourages far-right nationalism not only in Europe but across the world. He heaps praise on authoritarian dictators. He's encouraged Russian interference in American elections.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Aye no doubt it's massively consequential but it's not like they weren't taken into account days before this election. Graham appeared to be running scared even with those district lines drawn and yet he's just cruised to victory. That's kind of baffling to me.
That’s not the entire panacea, it’s a structural change that will net results.

Forecasting / polling will have to develop a more accurate way of determining ashamed / shy / cnutish Trump supporters who they will never speak to for various reasons. That arbitrary number will have to better reflect reality.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Am I right in saying PA is basically Biden's barring a miracle? Seems the Math so far has him catching up and overtaking pretty handily?

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
The moment you reply to any unsolicited email it gets flagged as active and then shared around, doesnt matter where its from
Oh, I know. I’m sure many on here have done the same. Wondering what their email inboxes showed.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Stuck Fox News on for a laugh to see how they're coping. In about 3 minutes we had "100,000 Trump votes found in the garbage", "Biden votes appearing out of nowhere in Wisconsin", "postal votes being counted no matter what date is stamped is on them", and of course a bit of "Deep State" followed about 3 sentences later with a speech about how conspiratorial Democrats are, without the tiniest hint of irony or self awareness of course.

There's millions upon millions of ignorant, gullible people watching this around the clock. I don't know how the feck nobody has been shot yet.
More than half of these will gain legitimate alternative fact cred soon. Some may exist in perpetuity, they’re that good.

InfiniteBoredom

Am I right in saying PA is basically Biden's barring a miracle? Seems the Math so far has him catching up and overtaking pretty handily?
Mine has him winning with ~ 100k. Biden team and PA Dems briefed that it could be as high as 200-300k. But yeah, unless he starts to get significantly less than the current 3:1 pace he has, it’s a matter of time.

Siorac

If the maths we've seen so far with the mail-in ballots holds up, he should win with around 100k votes in the end. IF.

Red Stone

Still 150000 votes to catch up
The area around Philly alone should take care of that. Additionally, the remaining ballots are the absentee/mail-in ballots, which have trended toward Biden way more, even in red counties, so it's likely that Biden cuts into Trump's lead all over the state. And Pittsburgh isn't done either.

Dudu

Well. Its tightening in AZ. But fingers crossed lads. I'm still keeping the faith. Biden should do better in final Maricopa batches and blue leaning areas to come.

Last edited:

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
The big fat pessimist in me is doing the confirmation bias negative view thing.
Same here, I'm just still resigning to a Trump win mentally. I've been hurt too many times.

Seriously, I just stubbed my toe on the door.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
So, despite there being loads of warnings sent out that the next batch of AZ votes would be favouring Trump and would tighten, but then it would swing Biden's way from there.. People are still panicking because EXACTLY what had been predicted has happened? :nervous:

onemanarmy

Let me say this, the last couple of days following the elections have been more exciting than United's season so far.

sport2793

Starting to feel good about AZ and here is why (former AZ Democrat Executive Director):

Status
Not open for further replies.