2020 US Elections | Biden certified as President | Dems control Congress

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I’m looking forward to when he turns up to court in a few months, frail, sickly and using a Zimmer frame.

Kaos

Call it ffs, I want to waste my afternoon knocking one off over some sweet schadenfreude over at right-wing twitter pages.

DavidDeSchmikes

Biden still have got a hell of a job on his hands. Trump may be gone, but the USA is facing many problems.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
That's badass: CNN reporting there's now a national airspace defense above the Biden house.

Frosty

Logical and sensible but turns women gay
The last time a candidate won the election without taking at least one of Texas, Ohio, and Florida (as Biden has done), was James Polk in 1844.

He didn't win Ohio, and Texas and Florida weren't part of the USA.

Siorac

feck off CNN :lol: "we have not declared anything" - it's over and you know it.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
Seriously? You criticise Biden's character when Trump is a pathologically-lying cowardly narcissist?
This is not even about Trump. Biden represents everything that is wrong with the left and liberalism in general. The left is quick to criticize and cry foul on people who disagree with their ideologies but people from their camp do the same things and its no problem at all.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Not a problem. Just imagine the rabbit hole we would have gone down pre google age!
Honestly mate I don’t really understand how someone chooses to identify as African American.

A person of Jamaican-Indian descent putting ‘African’ as a designator would have no chance in the UK. We have strong and proud Caribbean/Sub-continent communities with a resolute sense of identity.

Completely different in America of course. You guys still call 3rd generation Americans ‘African American’. Despite the fact 50% of the country couldn’t point the place out on a globe or name more than 10 countries in that continent.

Kaos

This is not even about Trump. Biden represents everything that is wrong with the left and liberalism in general. The left is quick to criticize and cry foul on people who disagree with their ideologies but people from their camp do the same things and its no problem at all.
Biden isn't on the left.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Tapper staring down 'people in the WH that should know better'. Gives it a good eyebrow.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
I will just bookmark this and we will revisit in 3 years. In the span of 50 years, Republicans went from Keynesian economics, creating the EPA, calling for abolition of the Electoral College, establishing the minimum wage, to the mess we are seeing now. It takes an incredible leap of faith to trust them to change course, instead of falling deeper into the rabbit hole.

For now, we can celebrate, briefly.
Which means that parties can and do change their orientation. Given continuing demographic trends, given the difficultly of unseating an incumbent (hardly ever happens) and given the loss under Trump, the Republican machine will re-evaluate and - in my view - make significant changes.

But as you say, we shall see.

Siorac

Honestly mate I don’t really understand how someone chooses to identify as African American.

A person of Jamaican-Indian descent putting ‘African’ as a designator would have no chance in the UK. We have strong and proud Caribbean/Sub-continent communities with a resolute sense of identity.

Completely different in America of course. You guys still call 3rd generation Americans ‘African American’. Despite the fact 50% of the country couldn’t point the place out on a globe or name more than 10 countries in that continent.
Well, that person would be a moron of the highest order, to be fair.

Scarlett Dracarys

( . Y . )
So, the expert in plagiarism and lies about his own qualifications seems to be winning this. Got to give credit to the heavily biased towards the left media.
And it's people with a mentality like this who still voted for that embarrassing obese turtle. Thankfully there's still a lot more Americans with a functional brain.

Status
Not open for further replies.