2020 US Elections | Biden certified as President | Dems control Congress

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oo0AahCantona

Dont know any Tories then?
My uncle's a raging daily mailer, but that about it, i dont tend to surround myself with people I fundamentally loath. although i am worried i haven't developed the ability to tolerate people who in most walks of life ill get on with.

InfiniteBoredom

Is there a possibility of any faithless electors from some states which could further embolden Trump and the GOP?
Supreme Court already ruled on it after 2 faithless electors defected from Trump in 2016 (and 1 from Clinton iirc)

The play R is suggesting is getting R state legislatures to send alternative delegations to Congress, but it will just means a stand off similar to the election of Rutherford B. Hayes (1876). If the stand off continues past Jan.20, Nancy Pelosi becomes acting President until it is resolved.

Amarsdd

Here's the incident. I don't really watch Fox News but have been following just to see how they're spinning the whole thing. I was really shocked when they cut her off!

The irony of republicans moaning about "honest elections" :lol:

The Firestarter

I am still feeling kind of uneasy about this, just worried that there is a lot of time for something really bad to happen.

Carolina Red

Staff
From the Newbies...

America! For me, Donald Trump is the greatest modern day president in USA history! He did more in 4 years on a positive level than any other President has done in 8. Me and 72 million more Trump supporters hope he fights this election in the courts. I personally pray daily that he will be our President January 1 2021 and if he is not, he will be back in 2024 with an even larger red wave of support! Love my President always and forever!

decorativeed

I know a guy like this, and it is legit the strangest thing. Not only is he a full on Trumper and Qanon type, but he also regularly posts stuff about how white people are the actual victims of racism in today's society, and that sort of thing. The usual stuff you would expect a right wing person with a fetish for oppression to post, except that he's not white! Or American!
I know a guy who over the last few months has got more and more into this kind of shit. If he's not posting pro-Trump rubbish, he's posting anti-mask covid conspiracy stuff from some fecking cage fighter guy. I mean, I know who I trust to give the best scientific and medical advice - the guy whose job it is to be beaten about the head and body.

Last week he was on his soapbox about Biden's plan to increase taxes on the top earners. And this is a guy who earns probably less than £30k and lives in Salford. Why the feck does he care that fecking Papa John and his ilk might have to put some of their money back into the US federal system?

InfiniteBoredom

AZ margin down to 15.4k for Biden.
La Paz and Cochise, two red counties.

Assuming ALL provisionals and ballots waiting to be cured get counted, there are 70k left. Trump needs to win 60.71% of them to draw even. Over half of them are in Pima (blue) and Maricopa (provisionals split evenly or favour Ds).

This has a fork stuck in it for a long while. CNN and MSNBC are just pussies.

Precaution

I think it is gonna be very hard for the lying Ted. Little Marco probably has a decent chance though. Jim Jordan, nah, he has no charisma at all. Gowdy is an excellent speaker, and with regard to Ryan, agree that is the smartest of them all (after McTurtle of course). In fact, he would be my favorite choice from extreme Republicans.

Larry Hogan would be by far my favorite choice (though not likely it is gonna happen). In that case, the Democrats won't have any choice but go to the left in order to differentiate from a centrist Republican.
Y'all missing the primed choice for the candidacy next time out regardless of Trump who'll be a fat crock of crap by then and even more people will turn out to vote against him.

Liz Cheney, the daughter of ol' Dastardly Dick is the Wyoming Senate choice, she hits the checklist of being a woman and being as evil as her dear ol' dad, if she runs... Be very worried.

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
I know a guy who over the last few months has got more and more into this kind of shit. If he's not posting pro-Trump rubbish, he's posting anti-mask covid conspiracy stuff from some fecking cage fighter guy. I mean, I know who I trust to give the best scientific and medical advice - the guy whose job it is to be beaten about the head and body.

Last week he was on his soapbox about Biden's plan to increase taxes on the top earners. And this is a guy who earns probably less than £30k and lives in Salford. Why the feck does he care that fecking Papa John and his ilk might have to put some of their money back into the US federal system?
I have a mate on Facebook who is quite a clever guy but goes around spouting about Trump and COVID etc with no evidence to back it up. A couple of others and myself fact check him constantly but he never responds and just posts something else.

Funny thing though he is a lovely guy if you ever met him

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Y'all missing the primed choice for the candidacy next time out regardless of Trump who'll be a fat crock of crap by then and even more people will turn out to vote against him.

Liz Cheney, the daughter of ol' Dastardly Dick is the Wyoming Senate choice, she hits the checklist of being a woman and being as evil as her dear ol' dad, if she runs... Be very worried.
I doubt the GOP will pick a woman anytime soon. The misogynist roots run deep amongst their supporters.

DavidDeSchmikes

He might find a broader audience here than in Twitter soon.
Redcofe. The best football forum in the WORLD!! Totally fantastic, HUGE numbers on the Trump Presidency. Biggger than OBama. Better than the LOSERpool forum (RAWK), awful posts low energy poems, SAD!

sport2793

Assuming ALL provisionals and ballots waiting to be cured get counted, there are 70k left. Trump needs to win 60.71% of them to draw even. Over half of them are in Pima (blue) and Maricopa (provisionals split evenly or favour Ds).

Yep one can even argue that Trump actually missed his targets today as the remaining vote should be bluer than this (not necessarily more Biden than Trump, but not Trump enough).

InfiniteBoredom

Yep one can even argue that Trump actually missed his targets today as the remaining vote should be bluer than this (not necessarily more Biden than Trump, but not Trump enough).
A simpler way of looking at this is Biden was up 20.5k when there were 110k votes left, he’s now 15.4k with 70k remaining and a sizeable chunk of them unreliable.

Statistically, is it possible? Yes. Feasible? No.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin

Down to 15k now. Wonder what his win margin will be finally? About 5k votes?

Status
Not open for further replies.