2020 US Elections | Biden certified as President | Dems control Congress

Status
Not open for further replies.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
A few days old, but I hadn’t seen this before. The sheer lack of intellect of these affiants...

Last edited:

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Do people actually believe this? Didn’t Joe Biden already say that his presidency wasn’t going to be targeting the previous admin or summat?
It never was any federal issue that would put him behind bars due to being able to be pardoned.

If he goes to jail, it will be in the state of NY. There’s high probability that one or multiple lawsuits will go forward in NY immediately after he leaves office.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Giuliani quotes ‘My Cousin Vinny’ as he sets out conspiracy theories at bizarre press conference. Here's an extract from this report in The Independent:

"In the midst of working through the states in which he believes the Trump campaign can overturn the results of the election, Mr Giuliani acted out one of the courtroom scenes from the 1992 movie.

He compared election observers being corralled away from the votes counts to a moment in the movie in which the eponymous character asks a witness in court how many fingers he is holding up, claiming that they could not see a thing ...

... As what appeared to be hair dye dripped down both sides of his face, Mr Giuliani turned over the podium to attorney Sidney Powell who laid out an incredibly far-fetched conspiracy concerning Dominion Voting Systems, the late president of Venezuela Hugo Chavez (who died in 2013), communist money interfering with US elections, and a vast plot involving computerised vote-switching.

... Speaking third was Trump legal adviser Jenna Ellis ... Ms Ellis described the assembled lawyers as 'an elite strike-force team' working on behalf of the president.

It was notable that general counsel from the campaign, senior RNC lawyers, nor the team that represented the president during the Mueller investigation were present. "

Red Stone

The money they're making from this must be absolutely spectacular, considering they're so willing to throw every ounce of dignity they had left in the garbage for it. I'd love to see the numbers of it all. I mean, Rudy in particular goes from trainwreck to trainwreck. He's put together one of the most unbelievable lowlight reels of all time in the span of just a couple of weeks.

Especially Kayleigh McEnany. By all accounts, she's actually a pretty smart woman with a hell of a resumé (before getting hired by Dump) and she has her entire career ahead of her. Most serious companies and/or politicians aren't going to touch her with a hundred-foot pole after this is all over.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Especially Kayleigh McEnany. By all accounts, she's actually a pretty smart woman with a hell of a resumé (before getting hired by Dump) and she has her entire career ahead of her. Most serious companies and/or politicians aren't going to touch her with a hundred-foot pole after this is all over.
She's hot and she has inside knowledge of the White House and Trump. She'll rake it in as a pundit on some channel.

ChaddyP

It's worth noting that even Jay Sekulow isn't signing up for this. That's how far down they've gone

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
So the failed invasion of Venezuela by a few dozen unemployed militants a few months back must have been...a failed initial attempt by Biden to steal the election? Donny trying to preemptively save the election?

There are so many D’s to this chess game I can’t keep track.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

They have gone way through the looking glass.
Struggling to decided between that thing today and the plot against the president for the craziest things I've seen this week. It's genuinely hard to decide.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Struggling to decided between that thing today and the plot against the president for the craziest things I've seen this week. It's genuinely hard to decide.
Think the plot edges it as they had time to craft that abortion. This press conference was a tad ad hoc, but was still replete with peak batshittery.

TheGame

The money they're making from this must be absolutely spectacular, considering they're so willing to throw every ounce of dignity they had left in the garbage for it. I'd love to see the numbers of it all. I mean, Rudy in particular goes from trainwreck to trainwreck. He's put together one of the most unbelievable lowlight reels of all time in the span of just a couple of weeks.

Jenna Ellis is one of his lawyers. This is what she said in 2016:

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
20 January is looking set to be quite a terrifying day.

The GOP are going all in with the lunacy along with Trump and drippy hair, stoking the flames in a truly dangerous way.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
That press conference is batshit crazy and the fact that the republican party isn't separating themselves from this makes America a complete & utter joke. I don't see trump giving up easily now

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Think the plot edges it as they had time to craft that abortion. This press conference was a tad ad hoc, but was still replete with peak batshittery.
It is getting some decent reviews on imdb. This one may have been written by Trump himself though...

Here is a well laid out explanation of how Obama , Clinton , conspired to to use illegal wiretaps ( worse than watergate )

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
20 January is looking set to be quite a terrifying day.

The GOP are going all in with the lunacy along with Trump and drippy hair, stoking the flames in a truly dangerous way.
Yeah, the fact they're going along with something that has the sole aim of destabilising a democracy whilst being patently insane doesn't suggest they'll be much of a barrier when someone competent tries this. McConnell could shut this down tomorrow if he cared.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
It is getting some decent reviews on imdb. This one may have been written by Trump himself though...
It’s trending along election results. I would have been surprised to see any review % not be close to 50% after a period of votes.

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
Alright, this is slowly making me believe that everything will be possible in the US in years/decades to come, a flat out coup as well. I still think this madness with Trump will end within the next weeks but the baseline that is being set right now for the future is scary. America has been a shitshow for decades and voter surpression and plenty of legal clusterfecks were all part of it, but the fundament that is being eroded right now, wow.. For the GOP twitter account to tweet that batshit press conference...

I always despised Nazi Germany comparisons because nothing will ever compare but I worked with plenty of original German newspapers from 1935-45 in a history research institute. The level of fiction is becoming crazily similar, I used to make fun of how many "jewish bolshevik" conspiracy theories were put into one article, listening to that rambling of a communist plot with methods from Hugo Chavez, it really is becoming similar in inventing narratives.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Alright, this is slowly making me believe that everything will be possible in the US in years/decades to come, a flat out coup as well. I still think this madness with Trump will end within the next weeks but the baseline that is being set right now for the future is scary. America has been a shitshow for decades and voter surpression and plenty of legal clusterfecks were all part of it, but the fundament that is being eroded right now, wow.. For the GOP twitter account to tweet that batshit press conference...

I always despised Nazi Germany comparisons because nothing will ever compare but I worked with plenty of original German newspapers from 1935-45 in a history research institute. The level of fiction is becoming crazily similar, I used to make fun of how many "jewish bolshevik" conspiracy theories were put into one article, listening to that rambling of a communist plot with methods from Hugo Chavez, it really is becoming similar in inventing narratives.
This is why I've said the number one priority (Covid-19 aside) for Biden should be doing all he can to strengthen the legal and democratic safeguards against voter suppression, electoral gerrymandering and so on over the next four years.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
One thing is clear - how far they're going to undermine US democracy makes it clear how much corrupt shit they re sitting on and are worried about being exposed.

This should end a political party in any healthy democracy. Its almost as if they're just testing the waters too to see how much bonkers shit their supporters are willing to swallow.

Status
Not open for further replies.