2020 US Elections | Biden certified as President | Dems control Congress

Status
Not open for further replies.

GiddyUp

It's sad because should could actually be fairly smart. She may be just consuming her information from church/instagram/facebook and live in a bubble of nonsense.
Ask her how many stars and stripes there are and what they represent, that'll give you a fair idea of how smart she is. I used to catch these bar flies out by asking them what's the 1st amendment.

MarylandMUFan

No, you're just saying that because you think she's attractive. As @GiddyUp said these people are morons.
I believe people are a product of their environment. I was once a former hard core republican (up until around 21 or so) and it's taken both time and access to information. If you grow up around people that are indoctrinated in those thoughts, it's an uphill battle to find your way out of it. It took being exposed to people like Hitchens and others for me to really start thinking about how I came about my political and religious views and from there I was off. Doesn't mean I am any smarter than I was when I was 21, it just have different information and hopefully an open mind.

PS - she is not my type :D

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I believe people are a product of their environment. I was once a former hard core republican (up until around 21 or so) and it's taken both time and access to information. If you grow up around people that are indoctrinated in those thoughts, it's an uphill battle to find your way out of it. It took being exposed to people like Hitchens and others for me to really start thinking about how I came about my political and religious views and from there I was off. Doesn't mean I am any smarter than I was when I was 21, it just have different information and hopefully an open mind.

Indeed, whilst intelligence will play a part the interactions/education of people are pretty important in forming views. It is always pretty weird to see people with crazy ideas though.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.

And that product is stupidity. You surmounted the stupidity by developing critical thinking skills, a requirement for being smart and, imo, are indeed smarter than you were back them.

She doesn't need to be your type for her appearance to influence your perception. It's all golden ratio stuff and people who are closer to that are generally perceived more favourably than those who are not.

MarylandMUFan

And that product is stupidity. You surmounted the stupidity by developing critical thinking skills, a requirement for being smart and, imo, are indeed smarter than you were back them.

She doesn't need to be your type for her appearance to influence your perception. It's all golden ratio stuff and people who are closer to that are generally perceived more favourably than those who are not.
Fair enough. When I see social justice warriors who look like trolls under a bridge, I am less lenient on them. :D

Drifter

American
Great start to the appearance of Trump at the Pennsylvania hearing.

President Donald Trump called into a Pennsylvania meeting hosted by Republican state lawmakers on Wednesday, and insisted that he had actually won the 2020 presidential election.

“This election was rigged and we can’t let that happen,” Trump said. “We won Pennsylvania by a lot. And we won all of these swing states by a lot.”

vodrake

The bizarre thing is that they've set all of this up to look like an official Senate hearing, when it's just a completely unofficial, GOP arranged meeting in some random hotel with a couple of Republican senators and a few other random Republican officials.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
You called the election for Biden? LITERALLY COMMUNISM!!!
The fun thing is that they're not even calling or otherwise interpreting anything. They're just reporting on states certifying election results.:lol:

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
It's sad because should could actually be fairly smart. She may be just consuming her information from church/instagram/facebook and live in a bubble of nonsense.
Based on her talking about satanic coincidences and such, I'd wager she is not actually fairly smart at all.

slyadams

Agree 100%. I have family in Florida and Texas. In that family there are degrees from Texas Tech, Georgia Tech, USF, Florida State, Ohio State etc. and they all believe in this stuff. It is literally like a religion, each generation indoctrinates the next and intelligence doesn’t stand up against it. I can be having a discussion one minute with one of them about CPU architectures and the next minute he’ll be saying Obama was born in Kenya, never went to Harvard etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.