2020 US Elections | Biden certified as President | Dems control Congress

Status
Not open for further replies.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Trip Gabriel Just now
Fewer than 500 votes now separate Perdue and Ossoff. Feels like a horse race rounding into the home stretch

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
Are people in Georgia voting in both races at the same time? Or different places different candidates?

Charlie Foley

Are people in Georgia voting in both races at the same time? Or different places different candidates?
Senate races are statewide. When electing people to the house, different districts have different candidates.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
The former. Each state has 2 senators. The latter would be the House where you elect a rep based on boundaries.
Cheers. Shouldn't the results be pretty much the same then? Strange that someone would vote Ossoff and Loeffler at the same time.

Suv666

Hope Dems bulldoze through meaningful legislature and not try to work with the fascists if they win.
Doubt it though, with Biden at the helm.

Charlie Foley

Cheers. Shouldn't the results be pretty much the same then? Strange that someone would vote Ossoff and Loeffler at the same time.
Certain similarities but Warnock might get more of AA vote than Ossoff. Also Perdue is a longer incumbent than Loeffler who was appointed last year after Isakson resigned

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Yikes, possibly 17k oversees ballots can be due as late as this Friday. Hope the Dems are up by more than 17k to not have to worry about it.
Same thing happened in Nov. likely most of those ballots will never be returned. They had to have been mailed already.

tombombadil

Hope Dems bulldoze through meaningful legislature and not try to work with the fascists if they win.
Doubt it though, with Biden at the helm.
There's nothing you can do about that. That battle was lost the moment Sanders lost the nomination.

Now the only hope is to win the senate and give the centrist democrats as little excuse as possible to not deliver on the progressive agendas Biden promised.

Last edited:

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
For me the most immediate win if this holds is that Biden can get his cabinet in place really fast. I am...uh .... less than thrilled with a number of his choices, but having competent people in place in the middle of a pandemic and recession can’t hurt.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
One of my favorite restaurants is Highlands. Bottega & Chez Fonfon, anything Stitt does basically. Hot & Hot Fish Club is also quality.
feck man! Hot and Hot was our go to place (and he trained under Stitt). He opened up a new place, Ovenbird, in pepper place. Actually, he moved hot and hot there too.

If you are ever back there try the Back 40 Brewing company by Sloth Furnace. They have the best burger I have ever had.

tombombadil

For me the most immediate win if this holds is that Biden can get his cabinet in place really fast. I am...uh .... less than thrilled with a number of his choices, but having competent people in place in the middle of a pandemic and recession can’t hurt.
Yeah, that's a consolation, I guess. Any news on Biden's stand on net neutrality?

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Also looks like Trump is still fecking Republicans in the suburbs.

Status
Not open for further replies.