2020 US Elections | Biden certified as President | Dems control Congress

Status
Not open for further replies.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
feck man! Hot and Hot was our go to place (and he trained under Stitt). He opened up a new place, Ovenbird, in pepper place. Actually, he moved hot and hot there too.

If you are ever back there try the Back 40 Brewing company by Sloth Furnace. They have the best burger I have ever had.
Thanks for the rec.

It’s great to see these restaurants still killing it in B’ham. I was turned onto them back in 2004 when I was selling wine in the southeast.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Thanks for the rec.

It’s great to see these restaurants still killing it in B’ham. I was turned onto them back in 2004 when I was selling wine in the southeast.
So many good places, and the microbrew scene is insane. Sometimes (especially in the winter) we really wish we were still there. But Alabama.

InfiniteBoredom

Tbh I think it’s McTurtle who fecked the Rs here and not Il Douche. ‘Elect me and you get 2k check’ is a pretty good pitch and allow Ds to escape the culture war issues.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Good People is great, especially the Coffee Oatmeal Stout.
Now I’m hungry/thirsty.

Best brewery/food option in the south is Avondale Brewery (now owned by good people). It has a big lawn with music stage and an outdoor taproom with misters. In the summer we would pull up lawn chairs, pick up a stack of pizzas from Post Office Pies (best pizza in Birmingham) or BBQ from SAWS and enjoy the free concerts. Both food options are next door to the brewery and will walk it over if you tip really nice.

Sigh. Pre COVID memories.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Trump has fecked this up good and proper. Which would amuse me if his idiocy hadn't killed so many Americans and potentially undermined the faith in democracy of many.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
I hear that speech and then I remember one of my senators is Ron “the dumbest man in the senate” Johnson.

Fridge chutney

:lol:
Ossoff to United States Senate, here we go! Medical and recount agreed between parties, to be formalized in the coming days, and Ossoff will join the Senate squad in time for the big end-of-season vaccine push.

Perdue is out of contract but Georgia state prosecutors are looking at a potential transfer to a county institution. Federal courts may make a late bid for the out of contract grifter.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Black church may be ultimately responsible for the Democratic victory, especially when seeing these rural AA voting numbers.

Could be the first actual miracle I have ever witnessed.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Black church may be ultimately responsible for the Democratic victory, especially when seeing these rural AA voting numbers.

Could be the first actual miracle I have ever witnessed.
Depends on if you were online on election night when I miraculously snuck into the bedroom for a phone charger without waking up the missus.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Depends on if you were online on election night when I miraculously snuck into the bedroom for a phone charger without waking up the missus.
No clue what you’re talking about. Must have been during my sabbatical.

Status
Not open for further replies.