g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

2020 US Elections | Biden certified as President | Dems control Congress

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
I'm not sure... I think there is one debate (perhaps 2?) Before Iowa...
I suspect it's going to be 75% impeachment and 25% dem on dem personal attacks in adverts debates and media slots from here on in
Bernie does address local issues instead of generic policies all the time.
health Care of course affects everyone.
But he does address Ag issues for states like Iowa for example.

https://feelthebern.org/bernie-sanders-on-agriculture/

I doubt all the air is sucked out by impeachment. In fact many have turned off. Heard it all before.

EDIT:

Climate Change directly affects the Mid-West and farmers in a big way.

I doubt anyone else is proposing direct action as Bernie is.

Carolina Red

Staff
Yeah sure.
After that Facebook post of an article you linked us to, for you to “yeah sure” that article is really something else.
And her moving away from Medicare For all as proposed by Bernie.
That was the start for me.
Has something happened since this was written 2 days ago?
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...ny-plans-but-on-health-care-she-s-with-bernie
“I’m with Bernie on Medicare for All,” Warren said recently in New Hampshire when asked if she’d devise a blueprint of her own. “Health care is a basic human right. We need to make sure that everybody is covered at the lowest possible cost, and draining money out for health insurance companies to make a lot of profits, by saying no.”

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
Just can't knock red dreams as it is primary time. If. Come general, he is raging against the dem candidate especially if the candidate is warren, he needs to wake up

Red Dreams

She’s campaigning on M4A and has been the whole time, so yes, I believe she is supportive.
She changed her position.
Now she is back to what she said at the start.

Why? We can speculate. Which is all I am doing.

Personally I would be more than happy with more people who shared Bernie's policies.
Simply. His policies help people.

Red Dreams

A more salient question is why is Sanders fading if he's the better choice ?
I have said this before. Polls are good talking points. They mean nothing at this point.
Certainly the National polls.

As we get closer to Iowa, we will see.

Lets take Warren's position changes.
If she is sincere about it. Well good for her.

Importantly good for all people.

The primaries are good. Pushing each other to appeal to more people.

InfiniteBoredom

It’s almost as if RD has no coherent political ideology and his criteria is largely objective depending on personal affinity.

The purity tests he arbitrarily apply also falls flat especially when you take into account how many times people he reveres like FDR or JFK fecked people over for political survival.

Red Dreams

So.. you got nothing?
https://thehill.com/opinion/campaig...eness-on-medicare-for-all-isnt-fooling-anyone

from the article you linked.

A voter at her event in Keene, New Hampshire, asked Warren how she would handle the transition from private insurance to a government-run system.

“What we’ve got on Medicare for All is a framework,” she said. “And it doesn’t have the details, and you’re right to be antsy.”

Bernie explains how he will pay for it. Payroll Taxes. But we would eliminate premiums, co pays, Deductibles while also reducing the cost of prescription drugs.

What I honestly think is you’ve just got it in for her now that she’s in the lead and Bernie is in 3rd.
this is completely untrue. It is just your thoughts.

btw I just ignore the cut & paste Hillary fan ;)

Carolina Red

Staff
https://thehill.com/opinion/campaig...eness-on-medicare-for-all-isnt-fooling-anyone

from the article you linked.

A voter at her event in Keene, New Hampshire, asked Warren how she would handle the transition from private insurance to a government-run system.

“What we’ve got on Medicare for All is a framework,” she said. “And it doesn’t have the details, and you’re right to be antsy.”

Bernie explains how he will pay for it. Payroll Taxes. But we would eliminate premiums, co pays, Deductibles while also reducing the cost of prescription drugs.

this is completely untrue. It is just your thoughts.

btw I just ignore the cut & paste Hillary fan ;)
None of that answers the question I asked you.

When did she do this flip flop from M4A, to something else, then back to M4A that you're talking about?

Red Dreams

None of that answers the question I asked you.

When did she do this flip flop from M4A, to something else, then back to M4A that you're talking about?
When she signed on to Sanders Medicare For All, the assumption was she had read the details of the plan.

Then she says it does not have the details?

She’s campaigning on M4A and has been the whole time, so yes, I believe she is supportive.
This is therefore untrue.

Either she is in full agreement with the plan or she is not.

Last edited:

Red Dreams

None of that shows the flip flop you described. You're grasping.
When she started running I and others assumed she was 100% with the Sanders plan.
tbf we thought Harris was too.

Now she says there are no details. If she means she does not agree with the plan's details, than provide her own?

Perhaps I made the wrong assumption that she was initially fully supportive of Bernie's plan.
Perhaps she had never been so.

She does not want to be seen as a centrist. That is what this is about.

Looking ahead I have not ruled her out as someone I can vote for. But she should not waver.

Eriku

I mean, it's been pretty clear that Warren doesn't want to align herself too much with the full concept of M4A as outlined by Bernie. She probably fancies her electability more if she doesn't try to be as radical as Bernie, and wants to be more centrist, and therefore she's been as vague as she can about her commitment to that. For anybody wanting meaningful change and not just Trump out, Bernie seems to be the only real alternative.

Carolina Red

Staff
I mean, it's been pretty clear that Warren doesn't want to align herself too much with the full concept of M4A as outlined by Bernie. She probably fancies her electability more if she doesn't try to be as radical as Bernie, and wants to be more centrist, and therefore she's been as vague as she can about her commitment to that. For anybody wanting meaningful change and not just Trump out, Bernie seems to be the only real alternative.
She wants to restructure our economic system. That's meaningful change.
https://www.wsj.com/articles/elizab...m-businesses-are-bracing-11570643931?mod=e2tw

Status
Not open for further replies.