2020 US Elections | Biden certified as President | Dems control Congress

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
What was most interesting about that Monmouth poll is how few people said they were set in their decision. Buttigieg’s Iowa rise could be due to uncertainty over Biden and no other option in the Centrist lane with Harris nose diving, Warren pitching to the centre left and your boy dropping out. Who knows. The relative closeness of Indiana could help with his momentum.

I have yet to see one person who supports him give me policy reasons why they do though that could be the circles I move in. A lot of identity politics stuff brought up (sexuality, age, the fact he’s a vet...). I also had one friend who when I criticised Kamala told me I “shouldn’t care so much about her record” :lol: voters are annoying as candidates sometimes!

Since climate is my primary interest I will be fair and put his “manifesto” in this post for those who want to read: https://storage.googleapis.com/pfa-webapp/documents/Climate-Plan-White-Paper.pdf
I wont believe anything this guy says.

Climate Change? There is only one reliable candidate. Bernie Sanders.
Why would Obama want this minnow to run when he could easily just back Buttigieg instead.
Pete will never carry the Southern States.

Patrick is a black Governor.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
Is he good though? Patrick Deval? Don't know anything about him. Whether he has a chance to win or not, if he's a good guy, then it's easy to get excited.
It's Deval Patrick not Patrick Deval. And that pretty much sums up any further questions.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Perhaps you don't follow politics much then
No one knows who he is, so why would anyone vote for him....especially if he can't make any of the debates. He would be as effective as Eric Holder, who is apparently also looking into running.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
This is why I think Patrick has been 'asked to jump in'.
Once again this is me reading the tea leaves.

I think we have only seen the tip of the iceberg on the Biden Ukraine issue.

btw I would never vote for Patrick.
I think I see what you're saying. Deval Patrick is there to shave numbers off of Biden in the southern states and decreasing his chances of picking up the delegates needed to win the nomination. He's essentially a crab agent.

InfiniteBoredom

If we are discussing ratfecking, isn’t it more likely that Patrick as a former 2 terms MA governor would try to position himself close to the left and siphon off some votes from Warren/Sanders (mostly the former) in the New England area?

Sure, Obama loves him and has touted him running more than once, but you’d think if they had an actual plan he wouldn’t have left it so late.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
I think I see what you're saying. Deval Patrick is there to shave numbers off of Biden in the southern states and decreasing his chances of picking up the delegates needed to win the nomination. He's essentially a crab agent.
I think the DNC has realised too late that Biden is high risk.

We may well have a brokered convention.

Florida Man

If we are discussing ratfecking, isn’t it more likely that Patrick as a former 2 terms MA governor would try to position himself close to the left and siphon off some votes from Warren/Sanders (mostly the former) in the New England area?

Sure, Obama loves him and has touted him running more than once, but you’d think if they had an actual plan he wouldn’t have left it so late.
Could be that too. Whatever it is, it feels sketchy to me.

Suedesi

It just smacks of desperation and ego. This guy is a political minnow and yet seems to think he has what it takes to ignore the campaign process and swoop in late to win it all.
Frankly our election cycle is too long. The election is a year away and it feels like some candidates have been campaigning since 2016 :lol:

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
Frankly our election cycle is too long. The election is a year away and it feels like some candidates have been campaigning since 2016 :lol:
And you have the midterms too. It's all one long election push.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout

Carolina Red

Staff
They’ve turned it into constant campaigning so they don’t actually have to do things.

Look at the House... you’re up for re-election every 2 years, so you’re literally always in campaign mode.

Charlie Foley

Is that like a frog kid

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
Anyone else think of Zeev Sternhell when they see this

I feel like ever since Obama won in 2008 all these Democrats are more interested in coming up with catchy slogans or clever sound bites in debate than they are in producing any meaningful substance that is going to attract people. I am at a point where I get physically sick seeing crap like this poster. I can almost hear the 20-something marketing guys, who didn't study anything useful in getting a lame "Business" degree and then spending a week coming up with this and thinking they are so damn clever.

Charlie Foley

I feel like ever since Obama won in 2008 all these Democrats are more interested in coming up with catchy slogans or clever sound bites in debate than they are in producing any meaningful substance that is going to attract people. I am at a point where I get physically sick seeing crap like this poster. I can almost hear the 20-something marketing guys, who didn't study anything useful in getting a lame "Business" degree and then spending a week coming up with this and thinking they are so damn clever.
Yeah. Obviously he is not a fascist but it was funny to me considering he has got positive ‘reviews’ from white nationalists and far-right people. I think what you said is most likely, some douchey business kid who thinks Boulanger was a baker came up with some “hip” slogan and has no idea of the connotation.

Florida Man

Political slogans have been a thing loooooooong before Obama.

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me
Explain how 140,000 people die with a public option?
A public option isn't healthcare. It's just a health insurance company run through the government. You still have to pay premiums and deductibles and there are still caps and billing hell and phone trees to navigate. The difference is that it is a little bit cheaper.

You realize none of the efficiencies and cost savings from Medicare for all which then dont exist to be invested in actually providing care and all you've done is create an insurance company that people hate and given Republicans a clear example to point to and say "the the government cannot provide healthcare".

Its shit.

Florida Man

A public option isn't healthcare. It's just a health insurance company run through the government. You still have to pay premiums and deductibles and there are still caps and billing hell and phone trees to navigate. The difference is that it is a little bit cheaper.

You realize none of the efficiencies and cost savings from Medicare for all which then dont exist to be invested in actually providing care and all you've done is create an insurance company that people hate and given Republicans a clear example to point to and say "the the government cannot provide healthcare".

Its shit.
It's to my understanding a public option would be without premiums and deductibles. But I see your point. It almost sounds like a Medicaid for all the way you describe it.

Status
Not open for further replies.