2020 US Elections | Biden certified as President | Dems control Congress

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
A testament to how cultishly delusional the GOP base have become under Trumpism.
Indeed, also a testament to the infrastructure McConnell is building. He doesn’t need a statesman leading the party, he needs a distraction.

Revan

Assumptionman
Indeed, also a testament to the infrastructure McConnell is building. He doesn’t need a statesman leading the party, he needs a distraction.
Yep. He is doing everything he wants in the shadow (kind of). He is actually far worse than Trump.

Revan

Assumptionman
DeSantis is their up and coming star imo. With Little Marco and Lyin' Ted damaged goods after 2016, Haley and DeSantis will be the left to pick up the post-Trumpism pieces.
Cannot see Republicans choosing a woman as their presidential candidate, let alone a woman who is not totally white.

If Dems don’t win it this year, I guess AOC for 2024.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Cannot see Republicans choosing a woman as their presidential candidate, let alone a woman who is not totally white.

She's not partially white either. 100% Punjabi descent.

As for AOC, she will probably pick up the Sanders mantle one day. Can't see her running for Prez with any success for a long time though.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids

Don't think their base would even realize she's of Indian descent. And even when hearing so would probably assume she's just part Native American.

Revan

Assumptionman
If you’re talking about Nikki Haley, just remember that she was a multi-term Governor in South Carolina
Yeah, but in local elections, people seem to vote differently from presidential elections. I mean, West Virginia, Alabama, and Montana have Democrat senators while California had a Republican governor.

Hard to see Republicans choosing a woman as president, though if she gets Pence's place you never know. Being Trump's hair seems to have more value than anything else these days.

Carolina Red

Staff
Yeah, but in local elections, people seem to vote differently from presidential elections. I mean, West Virginia, Alabama, and Montana have Democrat senators while California had a Republican governor.

Hard to see Republicans choosing a woman as president, though if she gets Pence's place you never know. Being Trump's hair seems to have more value than anything else these days.
I’m just speaking to the aspect of her ethnicity. We have one of the most embarrassing histories with regards to race, but that didn’t stop SC voters from electing her.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Nimrata has whitewashed herself pretty well as Nikki, I think only the hardcore KKK type section of GOP support would balk at her as their president (discounting the general minus points due to misogyny)

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Can someone please tell me why anyone likes Buttigieg ?
I haven't the slightest clue. The only thing I can come up with is he is young (in contrast to the rest of them) and is viewed by some as having Obama like political verve (which is highly debatable).

Sweet Square

I haven't the slightest clue. The only thing I can come up with is he is young (in contrast to the rest of them) and is viewed by some as having Obama like political verve (which is highly debatable).
Yeah I can only think its an age thing(American have a thing for a younger presidents)but even then he doesn't have anywhere near the charisma(Or the even good looks) of JKF or Obama.

Its very odd.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
Can someone please tell me why anyone likes Buttigieg ?
Combination of young age and seemingly moderate who happens to be "well" spoken. I sense that many voters think all we need is for moderates to come in, calm things down, and have dialogue with "both sides" to get us on the right track. It's delusional as hell, but it's the vibe I'm getting.

The Pete dance alone should have annihilated his candidacy but it turns out that a lot of people love the cringeworthy stuff.

Revan

Assumptionman
I think it is a pretty naive (to not call it idiotic) response. In second thoughts, it is idiotic.

The focus should be winning the election (hopefully also the senate), not Intra-fights between the party.

Democrats never learn. The demonization of Biden from the left wing part of the party is gonna come with another Trump victory, and the same nutters will complain about the evil GOP and how McConnell is gonna guarantee a right wing judiciary system for the next 30 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.