2020 US Elections | Biden certified as President | Dems control Congress

Status
Not open for further replies.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
this is all 4 d chess from Hilary. She knows she's the most hated person on earth. She is attacking Bernie to coalesce all support to him and defeat Biden outright.
Bernie apologised for someone (an expert on corruption) writing an article about Biden's corruption in a paper yesterday. This is "sick of hearing about emails" again - helps his opponent but keeps them unprepared for Trump to tear apart. Why can't he attack, I don't get it.

nimic

something nice
Scout
White women really will be the death of this country. The candidate with most support amongst black and woc is right there. But let's talk about the shit terminator who just won't quit and keeps coming back.
That's Biden.

White women really will be the death of this country.
As opposed to white men, who lean heavily Republican on average?

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
Bernie apologised for someone (an expert on corruption) writing an article about Biden's corruption in a paper yesterday. This is "sick of hearing about emails" again - helps his opponent but keeps them unprepared for Trump to tear apart. Why can't he attack, I don't get it.
Maybe he's thinking of having to support Biden if he doesn't win the nomination. I think the aftermath of Warren Sanders fight also has been handled well by both of them, they marched hand in hand for MLK day. I don't know what Sanders is going to do, but he has to win the South. If he can win the south, everybody has to drop out immediately.

I just don't understand Hilary's outbursts today unless she's playing some 7d chess like Trump.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Does anyone care what she says, nowadays? She is one of the very few people who is disliked by most people (regardless of party allegiances).
THe people I work with *hate* Bernie because of what he supposedly did to her. She has a constituency and they have grown more fanatic over the last 2 years.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
It's also in the 2nd-tier headlines (just below impeachment) on the NYT and WaPo sites.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
this is all 4 d chess from Hilary. She knows she's the most hated person on earth. She is attacking Bernie to coalesce all support to him and defeat Biden outright.
I'd love to think what she is spewing has some higher purpose but it's hard to not see anything but a spiteful human. Some I guess she has reasons for - I don't disagree obviously the Comey announcement was poor timing and yes, perhaps Bernie did throw his support behind her too late. But - she still fecked up majorly by not spending enough time in especially the states that narrowly went for Trump. I just wish she would shut up tbh. I could be way wrong but I just don't see how she s helping the Dems in any kind of way. I'd love to be proven wrong on that though - because honestly just about anyone is better than what is currently corrupting our society and the government.

DavidDeSchmikes

Remember that body lanaguage expert that Joy Reid had on her show regarding Bernie Sanders......

MTF

Would America really be better off today if Hillary was president? I'm not convinced.
It's not some distant alternative universe where we're all in flying cars and world hunger, disease and autocracy has been solved. But you wouldn't have: withdrawal from the Paris agreement, muslim ban, immigrant children in camps separated from their parents, increasing federal deficit due to tax cut with no spending cut, all of the effective foreign spying that is probably going on at Mar-a Lago, a middle east policy that no one even has a clue where its supposed to be going (include here withdrawal from Iran agreement), no press briefings from the WH, State Dept or Defense Dept, policy announcements via twitter.

That's just a few things that we can be fairly confident that a Clinton presidency would have handled better or not done at all. Besides that there's the overall deterioration of the capabilities of the government to do anything at all due to this administration not appointing sufficient people for the number of political appointment roles at different departments, and when they do appoint people its often ones completely unfamiliar with the task they're supposed to handle. Your only really case for things being worse in a Clinton administration is if you perceive mainstream US administrations as actually harming to the state of the country and the world, so therefore a completely ineffective one, with a bunch of debacles and scandals thrown on the side, is better than a regular one.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
It's not some distant alternative universe where we're all in flying cars and world hunger, disease and autocracy has been solved. But you wouldn't have: withdrawal from the Paris agreement, muslim ban, immigrant children in camps separated from their parents, increasing federal deficit due to tax cut with no spending cut, all of the effective foreign spying that is probably going on at Mar-a Lago, a middle east policy that no one even has a clue where its supposed to be going (include here withdrawal from Iran agreement), no press briefings from the WH, State Dept or Defense Dept, policy announcements via twitter.

That's just a few things that we can be fairly confident that a Clinton presidency would have handled better or not done at all. Besides that there's the overall deterioration of the capabilities of the government to do anything at all due to this administration not appointing sufficient people for the number of political appointment roles at different departments, and when they do appoint people its often ones completely unfamiliar with the task they're supposed to handle. Your only really case for things being worse in a Clinton administration is if you perceive mainstream US administrations as actually harming to the state of the country and the world, so therefore a completely ineffective one, with a bunch of debacles and scandals thrown on the side, is better than a regular one.
100%

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
I'd love to think what she is spewing has some higher purpose but it's hard to not see anything but a spiteful human. Some I guess she has reasons for - I don't disagree obviously the Comey announcement was poor timing and yes, perhaps Bernie did throw his support behind her too late. But - she still fecked up majorly by not spending enough time in especially the states that narrowly went for Trump. I just wish she would shut up tbh. I could be way wrong but I just don't see how she s helping the Dems in any kind of way. I'd love to be proven wrong on that though - because honestly just about anyone is better than what is currently corrupting our society and the government.
I was being sarcastic man, I'm sorry

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero

As much as I despise her, she’d still be better than Trump.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I honestly think we need to stop thinking in terms of one presidency or candidate that is going to change the course of this nation. It is very delusional to think on those lines.
Agree. Which is why dogmatically following one candidate as if they are the savior is completely nonsensical. Real systemic change happens iteratively over many political cycles, usually in increments.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Agree. Which is why dogmatically following one candidate as if they are the savior is completely nonsensical. Real systemic change happens iteratively over many political cycles, usually in increments.
You're talking to a wall here. People have forgotten how the system works. They genuinely think the president is a king who can change it all.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Besides Red Dreams, who are you referring to here that actually thinks like that?
Anyone that defaults to Trump if Bernie doesnt win the nomination.

Anyone who did the same with gary Johnson last time.

Also anyone who thinks any president will immediately make things "great" again. There will always be issues.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
It is not about a candidate though is it?
Its about policies.
"Real systemic change" does not happen by simply surrendering. You need to fight for it...against huge vested interests.

How many cycles have we seen without the lives of people improving? In fact it has got worse. More and more are falling into the poverty trap of debt and mere survival.

Sanders and those young women who endorsed him strongly,understand the simple fact that the needs of the many far far outweighs the wants of the few.

Last edited:

Boycott

Would America really be better off today if Hillary was president? I'm not convinced.
A Hillary Clinton presidency would have been more liberal-minded than any prior administration. Her platform for healthcare, civil rights for people of colour and LGBTQ, education, women's rights, gun control, immigration, alliances and judicial appointments would have built upon the Obama presidency. The latter part is the most important because one thing Trump is correct on is when he says appointing judges is the biggest thing a president can do because those appointees will decide the law of the land for decades. He has appointed young, conservative judges and two SC justices who are rolling back civil rights, want to roll back women's rights in respect to abortion, targetting immigrants and enabling inhumane police practices, and they will do it for years to come. Hillary would have filled those vacancies for a liberal interpretation of the law and that alone was a reason to vote for her.

Many people on the right wing stuck their noses up voting for Trump in 2016 because they valued the future swing of the courts evidently more than the left.

Status
Not open for further replies.