2020 US Elections | Biden certified as President | Dems control Congress

Status
Not open for further replies.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Expect Biden's name to be all over the news this week during the trial. I'll never understand anyone considering this creep as a viable candidate.
To be honest he has weaknesses as a candidate but so do all the other front runners
Bernie is a 78 year old who has had a heart attack and is proposing what is seen as a radical agenda in america
Warren (aka Pocahontas) is a technocrat who seems to have wilted under the spotlight of the democrat process so who knows how she would do in the glare of an election against trump
Buttigieg has relatively little political experience and his main selling point seems to be he isnt old
Bloomberg is literally a republican Mayor / Billionaire so perhaps not the most natural fit for the democrats
Biden has been poor and if there was a stand out candidate against him i think his vote would have collapsed by now but there isnt so 4 more years for trump I think

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
To be honest he has weaknesses as a candidate but so do all the other front runners
Bernie is a 78 year old who has had a heart attack and is proposing what is seen as a radical agenda in america
Warren (aka Pocahontas) is a technocrat who seems to have wilted under the spotlight of the democrat process so who knows how she would do in the glare of an election against trump
Buttigieg has relatively little political experience and his main selling point seems to be he isnt old
Bloomberg is literally a republican Mayor / Billionaire so perhaps not the most natural fit for the democrats
Biden has been poor and if there was a stand out candidate against him i think his vote would have collapsed by now but there isnt so 4 more years for trump I think
Biden is 77 and showing signs of Dementia.
Bernie is a year older and over his heart attack scare. People don't see any problems there. He is only proposing what people want. Noting radical. Why he is rising in the polls and why the Dems are running scared.
Biden has repeatedly proposed cutting Social Security. That will be an add the Republicans will run.And he has no policies...err except "Trump is bad"...and he is gagging to 'work with the republicans including even running with one'
..and there has been no vote yet btw.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
this is the #resistance line for biden - not sure if it's going to work in the general. he doesnt even have to change a word- "drain the swamp" is ready to use.

Suv666

So you're telling me there is a real chance Bernie might be the next US President?

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I'm still not entirely convinced Bernie Sanders isn't actually Johnny Knoxville in Grampa make up. It's uncanny.

Still, Johnny Knoxville would make a par for the course president honestly.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
If things go south for Republicans due to the impeachment trial and it really impacts their prospects in the election, I can see them softening their approach on Biden during the primaries and attacking Sanders and Warren.

If Biden gets into power, he's going to bend over backwards to butter up the Republicans in the attempt to be seen as a bi-partisan President achieving his goals. He won't be following up on any investigations into Trump and the Republican politicians who have conspired with Trump and in return they will allow him to fulfil his most conservative promises.

If Sanders or Warren get in, they're going to want to strip the whole place from top to bottom and root out all the corruption and that's a terrible thing for Republican politicians.

Javi

Progressivism summed up.
Well ‚admire‘ does leave a lot of space in fairness. Could be that she just meant her way of life. That‘s not to say she is progressive though.

Reminds me of that independent candidate for the 2016 elections that couldnt name one single leader. His running mate at least knew Merkel. Johnson was his name iirc. What a crash that was.

Drifter

American
‘They’re crushing us’: GOP House leaders in panic over Democratic fundraising

On Tuesday, Politico’s Jake Sherman reported that House GOP leadership expressed serious alarm about their prospects for reclaiming the majority in a closed-door strategy meeting at the Capitol Hill Club, citing disastrous fundraising numbers at the National Republican Congressional Committee (NRCC).

“They’re kicking our ass,” said House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-CA), who noted that the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee (DCCC) has outraised them by $40 million, and several individual Democratic House challengers are outraising GOP incumbents — not only dimming their hopes of taking back the House, but raising the possibility they could lose even more seats.

NRCC chairman Tom Emmer (R-MN) — whose communications team has come under fire for repeated messaging controversies including mocking various representatives’ height, use of marriage counseling, and bereavement, and at one point causing a bomb scare in House offices — agreed, saying, “My intention today is to sound a loud alarm. We can’t ignore the campaigns that need to get better with their individual fundraising. … They’re crushing us.”

Rep. Greg Gianforte (R-MT), who is leaving Congress to run for governor, was reportedly so alarmed he cut the NRCC a personal check of $250,000.

The NRCC is already facing heavy odds. The House has not changed party control in a presidential election year since 1952. Additionally, the GOP is facing a fresh wave of retirements, including in vulnerable seats in Texas and Georgia, and their congressional gerrymander in North Carolina has been undone, all of which could cost them more seats.

Sweet Square

Well ‚admire‘ does leave a lot of space in fairness. Could be that she just meant her way of life. That‘s not to say she is progressive though.

Reminds me of that independent candidate for the 2016 elections that couldnt name one single leader. His running mate at least knew Merkel. Johnson was his name iirc. What a crash that was.
Could be worse

Status
Not open for further replies.