2020 US Elections | Biden certified as President | Dems control Congress

Status
Not open for further replies.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
I took a look at South Carolina's demographics this morning... 60% of the population are 45 and older. I know a lot is made of Bernie's weakness with black voters in the south but I think age is more of a factor
I've not seen too much state polling but this also suggests the South is uniquely bad for him

He also does much worse asking southern whites compared to everywhere else.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
It seems very unlikely he can win a majority of delegates
It seems very unlikely a republican mayor would succeed in a brokered convention
And to be honest it seems unlikely he will get enough delegates to hold the balance of power in such a scenario
Seems like the run is an expensive vanity project but I guess he has the money to waste it if he wants

nimic

something nice
Scout
That makes literally no sense. Bloomberg isn't going to take any significant amount of votes from Sandes. If anything, if he's successful he's just going to push some of the other moderate candidates below the 15% threshold. I don't see any scenario where Bloomberg running actually hurts Sanders.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
That makes literally no sense. Bloomberg isn't going to take any significant amount of votes from Sandes. If anything, if he's successful he's just going to push some of the other moderate candidates below the 15% threshold. I don't see any scenario where Bloomberg running actually hurts Sanders.
Unless he starts running adds warning against a candidate seen as too progressive ... That could hurt Sanders as bloombergs as spend is essentially unlimited

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
I think Bloomberg’s preoccupation is more so with preventing a second Trump term at all costs.
I can see him running attack ads against Sanders/Warren, should they win the nomination. He might despise Trump, but the guy made him quite a bit richer, while the other 2 wouldn't...

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I can see him running attack ads against Sanders/Warren, should they win the nomination. He might despise Trump, but the guy made him quite a bit richer, while the other 2 wouldn't...
I don’t think he cares about any of the Dems per say. He would obviously prefer a moderate, but the name of the game for him (as with a majority of Dems) is removing Trump.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
I don’t think he cares about any of the Dems per say. He would obviously prefer a moderate, but the name of the game for him (as with a majority of Dems) is removing Trump.
I'm just not sure how him entering the presidential race makes defeating trump any more likley
Yes he can run anti trump ads but he could have done that without being in the race (though I guess his campaign can now reclaim the tax on the ad spend?)

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I'm just not sure how him entering the presidential race makes defeating trump any more likley
Yes he can run anti trump ads but he could have done that without being in the race (though I guess his campaign can now reclaim the tax on the ad spend?)
Because he obviously thinks he can win by buying his way into the race. Having about $60b in the latter stages of ones life sort of allows one to do this sort of thing. Even if he doesn't get the nomination, he will probably spend upwards of a billion to have Trump removed in the Gen.

Sweet Square

Angela Merkel is an amazing leader, easily the best one in this century. Don’t get fooled from the center-right tag, Europe is very different from the US in that aspect.

She also voted against gay marriage. If you're an ''progressive'' Mrs Merkel shouldn't be someone to admire.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Because he obviously thinks he can win by buying his way into the race. Having about $60b in the latter stages of ones life sort of allows one to do this sort of thing. Even if he doesn't get the nomination, he will probably spend upwards of a billion to have Trump removed in the Gen.
And clearly to have amassed the $60bn he's not daft

Yet I can't see how he has a chance

I can't see an ex republican mayor coming through a brokered convention as the winner

And I can't see him winning a majority of delegates

Anybody of the candidates other than trump would be a win for humanity in my opinion it just seems like a half assed effort from Bloomberg as if he really thought he could win it and he really wanted it you would have expected him to announce 6 months before and be on the early state ballots

Sweet Square

Just a normal day at the Warren campaign.

In fairness Betsy DeVos was picked because she brought Barron a 1 year subscription of Xbox live.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Being a candidate means he can spend unlimited amounts of his own money, without any campaign donation issues.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy

In fairness Betsy DeVos was picked because she brought Barron a 1 year subscription of Xbox live.
If the kid doesn't speak out now declaring they'll refuse to accept anyone but SonicFox I shall be disappointed.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout

This is a consequence of extreme policing of any sentiment deemed to be anti-trans by certain sections in the left.

Status
Not open for further replies.