Amy: 12.27
Biden:12.04

2nd:
Bernie - 29.4
Pete - 24.87
Warren -20.65
Biden - 12.92
Amy - 11.18

They claim this is the same spread seen once they got more than 15% of the results in, and expect it to hold till the end. It does look *very* similar to their 40% reporting numbers from last night.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
if biden delays the results and holds on to his national lead as a result, it's going to piss off a lot of bernie voters already on edge about the party.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
That video of the guy flipping the coin... wtf that wouldn't fly on an elementary school playground.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore

1st alignment:
Bernie 29.08
Pete: 21.63
Warren: 19.51
Amy: 12.27
Biden:12.04

2nd:
Bernie - 29.4
Pete - 24.87
Warren -20.65
Biden - 12.92
Amy - 11.18

They claim this is the same spread seen once they got more than 15% of the results in, and expect it to hold till the end. It does look *very* similar to their 40% reporting numbers from last night.
Would be a good headline for Bernie if he could get close to 30% in a crowded field
However not many realigned votes going to Bernie... Might not be good news for him when candidates inevitably run out of money / momentum and fall out of the race

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
the only one who really gained with the 2nd alignment is pete. i'm guessing based on these numbers they were mostly amy or biden voters. anecdotally however, there was a decent amount of warren/amy crossover as well.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
very close to the bernie numbers, not surprising they havent released a full table

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout

ya, you can find a chain of incompetence, but you can also find a cahin of unbroken hostility and a very easy reason for that hostility (he is the nightmare of every consultant and donor and lobbyist, all of whom are part of the media and party spheres. when people ask why these stupid bros dont trust the nice party and media, this is it.

They don't even want us to feel the few hours of happiness after winning the first state.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
You are conflating it maybe with the new rule to include Bloomberg in the next debate, this new set of rules at least were there last spring (2019) so most likely they were agreed on late 2018 when they started drawing up the caucus plan, or earlier when they decided to do away with Superdelegates on first round of convention.

Which makes this all the more hilarious how incompetent they are, given the amount of time they had.
Ok that’s probably what it was then, my bad.
So redundant it’s the most used language in the world.
I’m a frontend guy so I don’t touch Java and to be honest I thought you were writing pseudocode. It was all a joke. I’m forced to write PHP and vanilla JS for a living ffs.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
The Democrats trying their hardest to be more incompetent than Labour. In fact, it's an insult to Labour to even compare them.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
And for those talking about conspiracies - my fellow lab worker, a post-graduate degree holder who listens to NPR and most resistance liberals on twitter, has told me that Hillary lost because Bernie directed his supporters away from her, endorsed her late, and didn't do much events for her, all of which are not true, but are repeated infinitely on her (very respectable) media sources. She also said that she was hoodwinked into thinking that Bernie is for any progressive ideas but more digging on twitter convinced her he's an opinion-shifting fraud.

It is also fake news and conspiracy theories, but it doesn't come from bros (or QAnon hicks) and is endorsed by the nice people, so it won't be seen as such.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Ok that’s probably what it was then, my bad.

I’m a frontend guy so I don’t touch Java and to be honest I thought you were writing pseudocode. It was all a joke. I’m forced to write PHP and vanilla JS for a living ffs.
Haha fair enough, it was JS actually, think of it as

object.keyvalue.equals(string)

where keyvalue is a string and equals is string.prototype.equals(string)

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
About the decision to hire this incompetent app for the results - of all people, Donna Brazile talked about these awful/shady deals made by the party to favour their consultants and ex-staff, picking their companies, in her book. It's why the party was bankrupt in 2016 and agreed to take money from Hillary in exchange for basically fusing the party to her campaign.
This particular decision looks similar:
https://theintercept.com/2020/02/04/iowa-caucus-app-shadow-acronym/

DEMOCRATIC OPERATIVE Tara McGowan is denying that her high-profile liberal firm ACRONYM played a role in the Monday evening caucus debacle, claiming that her firm was merely an investor in the company Shadow Inc., which developed the app at the center of the controversy. But internal company documents, a source close to the firms, and public records show a close and intertwined relationship between Acronym and Shadow.
David Plouffe, a former campaign manager to Barack Obama’s 2008 presidential bid who joined Acronym’s board, also distanced himself from the company during an MSNBC panel last night. “I have no knowledge of Shadow,” said Plouffe. “It was news to me.”

But previous statements and internal Acronym documents suggest that the two companies, which share office space in Denver, Colorado, are deeply intertwined.

Last year, McGowan, a co-founder of Acronym, wrote on Twitter that she was “so excited to announce @anotheracronym has acquired Groundbase,” a firm that included “their incredible team led by [Gerard Niemira] + are launching Shadow, a new tech company to build smarter infrastructure for campaigns.” McGowan also noted that “With Shadow, we’re building a new model incentivized by adoption over growth.” The acquisition was announced in mid-January of last year.

In an interview on a related podcast last month, McGowan described Niemira as “the CEO of Shadow, which is the technology company that Acronym is the sole investor in now.”

In an all-staff email sent last Friday, an official with Lockwood Strategy reminded team members about “COOL THINGS HAPPENING AROUND ACRONYM.” The list included bullets points such as, “The Iowa caucus is on Monday, and the Shadow team is hard at work,”
also, unexpected, stunning, etc
A person with knowledge of the company’s culture, who asked to remain anonymous for fear of reprisal, shared communications showing that top officials at the company regularly expressed hostility to Sanders supporters.

Last edited:

Florida Man

I’m with you on spaces over tabs though I prefer four spaces.

For thread relevancy purposes, I bet the developers at Shadow Inc don’t even tab indent their code and probably have zero semantic variable naming conventions.

Drifter

American
MSNBC making their excuses for Biden. He never came into Iowa to really win anyway. His ground game is South Carolina, Nevada

ooeat0meoo

Member of the Muppet Empire
My Happy Place - So Don't Be fecking With Me!

DNC Chair Tom Perez catching heat over rules changes allowing Bloomberg to participate in the upcoming debate.

Although the real problem is likely to be the co-chair of the DNC Rules Committee Barney Frank. As we are all too aware, the last Dem primary had countless dirty dealings as revealed in the DNC Leaks of 2016. As the story unfolded, the Washington Post characterized Barney Frank as the 'key architect' of the dirty politics which edged out Sanders in favor of Clinton. Barney Frank stepped down from his seat on the Hill immediately after Wall Street Reform (Dodd-Frank) passed. It wasn't until several years later that it was revealed that Dodd-Frank was the first draft proposal from Citi Bank.

Anyhow, I don't think Perez is so much the problem as much as the nasty financial industry hacks like Frank who's lurking in the background. Barney Frank still seems to have lots of power and influence because almost nobody dares call him to account.

https://www.newsweek.com/tomperezre...xIkx72KRk_YZ7PWplb-3tp6jaoSnUJU9MLHfPmAIe8OuE

I interviewed Barney Frank in Washington DC Sept 2012. He's a straight up asshole.

Member 90887

Only 62% of the results are going to be announced

State delegates

Pete 26.9%
Sanders 25.1%
Warren 18.3%
Bidden 15.6%

Florida Man

Only 62% of the results are going to be announced

State delegates

Pete 26.9%
Sanders 25.1%
Warren 18.3%
Bidden 15.6%
Of course they only want to announce it in a manner that doesn’t have Sanders in the lead. Now many ignorants out there are going to take those numbers as final.

Florida Man

Don't know if I should trust berbatrick and his rants or to go with the incompetence angle..
It’s not really far fetched for the DNC to do what they can to make it difficult for Bernie. We have Hillary and Buttigieg people directly implicated in the company that developed the app if sources are to be believed.

Status
Not open for further replies.