2020 US Elections | Biden certified as President | Dems control Congress

Status
Not open for further replies.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Careful with posting that or else @sun_tzu is gonna own you so hard with his fire memes
He's not been that bad.

If he gets too annoying just distract him with pictures of the high speed rail system that Bernie fans dream of.

He could get lost for days commenting on this.

Amarsdd

I think this delay will actually hurt Pete more than it helps him if the results at 100% reporting is similar. The headlines will be taken over by the SOTU and impeachment voting for the next couple of day till NH. And I had expected him to overperform his polling here as this state is basically the basket where Pete has put all his eggs in.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
He's not been that bad.

If he gets too annoying just distract him with pictures of the high speed rail system that Bernie fans dream of.

He’s aiiight. I’m just giving him shit but I will certainly keep this in mind.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
He's not been that bad.

Tbf I can't imagine how rich that would make me (though I'd probably have to move back to the states which I'm not too keen on)
But he's a 78 year old who had a heart attack and will have the republicans block every dollar he tries to spend ... So even if he does win the nomination unlikely) he has to win the election (very unlikely) then get the money signed off (super unlikely) then get it planned and started to be built before his term ends (HS2 in UK has taken about 10 years and we still don't have it signed off)... So I'll not go looking for houses around Oceanside just yet

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
A stunningly bold prediction.
Don't take me wrong, I love Pete. He's a learned man, he's very progressive, he's got Maltese origins and the fecker is quite proud of it. FFS he even know how to speak Maltese which isn't an easy language to learn. Its quite a proud time to be Maltese at the moment. Markle (another one with Maltese origins) kicked the royal family in the nuts and hopefully Pete would do the same to Trump and his mates. However, lets face it, it ain't happening. Trump's ratings haven't plummeted and the way the US elections work he's going to be re-elected. It always surprised me how one of the most democratic countries in the world wouldn't rely on majority votes to elect their president.

NoLogo

Voting in the US of A often feels seems like voting something from a banana republic. It's archaic, it feels like everything is easily cheated by those in power and in the end the candidate with the most votes might not even become president. :houllier: :lol:

Mike Smalling

Voting in the US of A often feels seems like voting something from a banana republic. It's archaic, it feels like everything is easily cheated by those in power and in the end the candidate with the most votes might not even become president. :houllier: :lol:
The great irony of the US as a democracy, is that one of the two major parties has a big interest in people not voting, and actively pursues it as a strategy. Banana republic indeed.

The Iowa caucus has been a disaster, but one positive is that Biden only got 15% percent of the vote. Hopefully he will achieve similar results in the upcoming states.

nimic

something nice
Scout
While I definitely agree that the US system is absurd and poorly designed, how many countries even have public primaries? In Norway, party members have little or no direct impact on the choice of leadership or candidates.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Next Democrat debate is on the 7th
Qualified are
Biden, Bernie, Warren, Buttegieg, Kloubchar, Yang, Steyer ... 7 people arguing over the results in Iowa (assuming they are complete at that point?)...

Then a debate on the 19th of which so far only three qualified
Biden, Bernie, Warren... and i not sure how many qualifying polls there are between now and then but unless some people start dropping out i think its going to be hard for many more to qualify (pete and bloomberg might have a chance I guess? but currently they have less than 2 weeks and have only ranked high enough in one poll each (they need 4))

I can see why the dems thought the polling criteria might work - but really i think the process has been a mess and could well get messier in the next few weeks

ChaddyP

I think this delay will actually hurt Pete more than it helps him if the results at 100% reporting is similar. The headlines will be taken over by the SOTU and impeachment voting for the next couple of day till NH. And I had expected him to overperform his polling here as this state is basically the basket where Pete has put all his eggs in.
So Pete sabotaged himself with "his" app then? :lol:

How incompetent could he be to have the results delayed on himself?

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
While I definitely agree that the US system is absurd and poorly designed, how many countries even have public primaries? In Norway, party members have little or no direct impact on the choice of leadership or candidates.
Didn't Boris become prime minister after getting picked by party members? This is a bigger issue with parliamentary systems of government than it is in the presidential system.

Drifter

American
Don't take me wrong, I love Pete. He's a learned man, he's very progressive, he's got Maltese origins and the fecker is quite proud of it. FFS he even know how to speak Maltese which isn't an easy language to learn. Its quite a proud time to be Maltese at the moment. Markle (another one with Maltese origins) kicked the royal family in the nuts and hopefully Pete would do the same to Trump and his mates. However, lets face it, it ain't happening. Trump's ratings haven't plummeted and the way the US elections work he's going to be re-elected. It always surprised me how one of the most democratic countries in the world wouldn't rely on majority votes to elect their president.
He started out that way .Until big money donors got their claws into him ,now he's a Biden /Clinton clone.

entropy

:lol:

Raoul

Admin
Staff
:lol:

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
He started out that way .Until big money donors got their claws into him ,now he's a Biden /Clinton clone.

which probably puts him more in line with the majority of the democratic party than sanders / warren

whichever side wins the battle (progressive or moderate) I dont think there is going to be a big unifying moment and its a broad coalition of views to try andget behind specific policies and as such the republicans will go into the election as a much more unified force (for evil)

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
it's the truth. The Maltese language is a Semitic language which is written in Latin alphabet, while keeping some of the semitic rules such as gh and h. It is also quite influenced from Italian, French and English. Some words like Mela that are commonly used can't even be explained by the locals itself. Its a tough cookie to crack even for us, Maltese who were born on the islands let alone for second/third generation Maltese who might have learnt it at home. In fact you'll find a small chunk of the Maltese population who are more comfortable speaking in English then in Maltese.

Last edited:

nimic

something nice
Scout

which probably puts him more in line with the majority of the democratic party than sanders / warren

whichever side wins the battle (progressive or moderate) I dont think there is going to be a big unifying moment and its a broad coalition of views to try andget behind specific policies and as such the republicans will go into the election as a much more unified force (for evil)
Gabbard right next to Sanders is a bloody joke. I'm not convinced she's even remotely left-wing.

The Political Compass is fun, but it's not a reliably way to place politicians ideologically.

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
it's the truth. The Maltese language is a Semitic language which is written in Latin alphabet, while keeping some of the semitic rules such as gh and h. It is also quite influenced from Italian, French and English. Some words like Mela that are commonly used can't even be explained by the locals itself. Its a tough cookie to crack even for us, Maltese who were born on the islands let alone for second/third generation Maltese who might have learnt it at home. In fact you'll find a small chunk of the Maltese population who are more comfortable speaking in English then in Maltese.
Learning your parents' tongue isn't hard

Fiskey

Can't stop thinking about David Nugent's hot naked
When I've done business in Malta I've come across loads of people called Micallef, why is this?

Siorac

But Norway is a small country with multiple parties - I've just checked and there are 9 parties in parliament currently! That means that most viewpoints and ideologies are actually represented by a party and you can leave it to the voters to decide between parties.

The US, on the other hand, is bloody huge and its political system basically makes a two-party system inevitable. Either of these two parties must necessarily include a bewilderingly diverse array of people and viewpoints. The primaries are basically a way of figuring out which internal faction or factions are best aligned with the actual voters. They're not some sacrifice on the altar of democracy, they are the most efficient way of maximising a party's chances of winning the actual election.

entropy

It has nothing to do with running for president.

Status
Not open for further replies.