2020 US Elections | Biden certified as President | Dems control Congress

Status
Not open for further replies.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
No endorsement from Warren. 3 ways forward:

1. She repeats 2016, endorses Biden in May.
2. She waits till this weekend to endorse the uniting figure of Biden at a rally, the race is over on Tuesday.
3. She waits till this weekend to endorse the big structural change of Bernie at a Michigan rally, the race continues.

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
No endorsement from Warren. 3 ways forward:

1. She repeats 2016, endorses Biden in May.
2. She waits till this weekend to endorse the uniting figure of Biden at a rally, the race is over on Tuesday.
3. She waits till this weekend to endorse the big structural change of Bernie at a Michigan rally, the race continues.
Let's go, she's choosing 3.

fishfingers15

Clyburn gets money from healthcare companies. Do you think if Bernie's team did reach out to Clyburn he would have endorsed?

This Monday night quarterbacking is getting annoying.
This is quite dangerous that you think Clyburn is just bought by the insurance companies. Just give it a rest ffs

Revan

Assumptionman
There is a zero chance Sanders loses the elections if he survives the primaries.

I'd actually say there is a zero chance he loses the primaries if he's in play for a few more weeks. Which he is, isn't?
I think you need a course in probability.

Revan

Assumptionman
she's already done the damage by staying through the ST when the centrists were coalescing.
Bloomberg harmed much more Biden than Warren harmed Bernie. Also, more than 2/3 of the delegates are in play, with the difference in delegates being in double digits. So plenty to play for Bernie, providing that actually the left wing of the party is bigger than the center wing.

Sweet Square

this is actually an attack on me, a warren supporting twitter user who is being invisibilised. i like bernie's plans but he can't control his followers, how will he control the country? #bluewave2020 #biden2020
:lol:

Bernie Bro's 2016 - You know I'm not sure I can vote for a women who celebrated turning Libya into a open slave market and who has caused untold misery on millions of my fellow citizens.

Liberals 2016 - God look at these stupid white privilege bro's.

Warren voters 2020 - Actually universal health care is now bad because Stalin69 on twitter called me a ssssssnake.

Liberals 2020 - Oh you poor thing, dam those Bernie supporters are just the worst.

Also has this been posted yet ?

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
I'm sorry berba, you are not made to be snarky :lol:
i made the mistake of visiting insane person charlotte clymer's twitter page and have liquified my brain. she's so openly manipulative and so popular

edit - 2 days ago someone else wrote a 100-tweet thread, with 10k likes, about a bernie-supporting podcast, and when people started making fun of her, she muted it and charged 5 dollars for anyone to have a conversation with her. this is what i mean by twitter isn't real life.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
The amount of endorsements that Biden has had and the dropouts coordinated with Super Tuesday has certainly been coordinated. No organic momentum spreads that way. Whether Warren should have seen the picture and dropped out to consolidate the lead to Sanders is a difficult question to answer. Supporters of Bernie Sanders laying the failure somehow on Warren for splitting the vote is entirely comical.
Nah Biden was playing 5D Yahtzee all along.

Suedesi

Suedesi

Bloomberg harmed much more Biden than Warren harmed Bernie. Also, more than 2/3 of the delegates are in play, with the difference in delegates being in double digits. So plenty to play for Bernie, providing that actually the left wing of the party is bigger than the center wing.
Spot on - I think this will be a drawn out race, with Bernie sticking until the end. Plenty of things can happen between now and the convention, Biden is a weak candidate.

Presently give Bernie a 20% chance of winning the nomination.

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
Not much of a support difference between the two here.

Similarly there wasn't much of a support difference in Buttigieg's voter base either, with Bernie holding the plurality. Seems like the endorsement part matters quite a bit.

fishfingers15

Spot on - I think this will be a drawn out race, with Bernie sticking until the end. Plenty of things can happen between now and the convention, Biden is a weak candidate.

Presently give Bernie a 20% chance of winning the nomination.
Warren's endorsement will also help Bernie. Better late than never and better a salamander than a snake

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
:lol:

Bernie Bro's 2016 - You know I'm not sure I can vote for a women who celebrated turning Libya into a open slave market and who has caused untold misery on millions of my fellow citizens.

Liberals 2016 - God look at these stupid white privilege bro's.

Warren voters 2020 - Actually universal health care is now bad because Stalin69 on twitter called me a ssssssnake.

Liberals 2020 - Oh you poor thing, dam those Bernie supporters are just the worst.

Also has this been posted yet ?

Like anyone is going to listen to a dude named Emily :rolleyes:

Hamnat

Interesting Bernie is cancelling his rally in Mississippi and targeting Michigan Friday. Seems like a reasonable concession to expect the vote there to go to Biden again after looking at Super Tuesday results in the South

fishfingers15

Interesting Bernie is cancelling his rally in Mississippi and targeting Michigan Friday. Seems like a reasonable concession to expect the vote there to go to Biden again after looking at Super Tuesday results in the South
SHE DIDN'T EVEN COME TO MICHIGAN FFS... is going to repeated as HE DIDN'T EVEN COME TO MISSISSIPPI

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
That’s because Trump has seized complete control of the Republican Party and declared martial law. No such construct exists on the Dem side.
I get that but my point is that Democrats aren’t above being shady too. As if they’re the only one’s to play democracy fairly.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I get that but my point is that Democrats aren’t above being shady too. As if they’re the only one’s to play democracy fairly.
Shady is relative here. Ultimately, Sanders is a non-Democrat who is attempting to usurp the party to advance his political ambitions. That is always going to garner significant pushback by actual long time Democrats who have put the sweat equity into developing the party for decades.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Well yeah, it kind was - though not the party, getting in good with the presumptive nominee. I think this is a fundamental thing that separates the two sides. To Sanders this is a terrible thing to do because compromising is a huge no-no, to moderates compromising is how you get some of what you want instead of none of what you want. Buttigieg dropping out early can leverage himself to a stronger position with Biden. Push some of his policies, probably get a role with him. Warren and Sanders should have worked this out as well.

It's why progressives almost always fail. Had Sanders and Warren been pragmatic back at the start of February when she clearly wasn't a viable candidate she could have leveraged herself into a strong position with him. That didn't happen for one reason or another and now they'll both pay the price for it. The moderates were willing to compromise and will likely be rewarded for it.
Sanders has compromised on many major bills, and is much more pragmatic than you're suggesting. You're mixing up the rhetoric with the reality. His voting record doesn't fit your narrative at all.

Maybe Sanders did approach Warren and she preferred the establishment. She didn't endorse him last time even when she wasn't a competitor. That's what seperates the two sides. The forces that support the establishment are far more powerful than the forces that oppose it. Of course no-one ever wants to believe their side is given an uneven advantage, they just celebrate the win while happily dismissing the evidence as nothing more than the losers crying over spilt milk.

Last edited:

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
Shady is relative here. Ultimately, Sanders is a non-Democrat who is attempting to usurp the party to advance his political ambitions. That is always going to garner significant pushback by actual long time Democrats who have put the sweat equity into developing the party for decades.
Non Democrat by name but his policies were popular Democratic ideals back when they were more a of working class party. Democratic hero, FDR, especially comes to mind. Even JFK argued for universal healthcare and made out of this world promises like going to the moon.

InfiniteBoredom

It’s intriguing to see what Warren does. I’ve seen staffers/people with links to her campaign saying that she has no trust whatsoever on Biden to prosecute Trump era crimes or go after Wall Street executives, while she doesn’t think Sanders can get anything done because of his purity so stayed in to accumulate enough delegates to be able to leverage it in a brokered convention.

Now that she’s in no man’s land with ST’s result, I’m leaning towards her brokering a deal with Biden if the latter believe that it’d finish Sanders (which it likely would tbh), he’d never choose her as VP and I think at her age and the fact that she was only re-elected in 2018, she’s not overly concerned by her own political prospects anytime soon.

MarylandMUFan

Non Democrat by name but his policies were popular Democratic ideals back when they were more a of working class party. Democratic hero, FDR, especially comes to mind. Even JFK argued for universal healthcare and made out of this world promises like going to the moon.
Agreed. It's interesting how the times (and $ donations) can change what it means to be a democrat.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Nice, this is good. If he spends millions of dollars in anti-Trump adds, it would be good.
Yep, it’s great news I had a horrible feeling he would pack up and go back to funding both D and R candidates.

Status
Not open for further replies.