2020 US Elections | Biden certified as President | Dems control Congress

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
laissez-faire market fundamentalism has already failed. Right the US and the states are fully dependent on quick implementation of a bottom up social safety net. Top-down capitalism is going to cause a bigger disaster.
Perhaps. We have had this argument before on other issues....But in M4A, I'm with you. US system is far too broken for small steps and quick fixes. It needs to be rebuilt from scratch.

Putting aside how bat shit crazy this post is, can we talk about how Biden literally put out republican talking point while running as a democrat?
I was just posting what Biden said in debate yesterday.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
Wow, why do people like Harris? I can't think of one good quality she has.
She invokes many instances of “yaas queen” and clapback emojis.
Woman + Diverse.

Not sure why Biden committed to choosing a woman last night, as he will now be held to account to follow through.
Every feminist I know is pissed that there are no women left so I don’t see how he can’t not choose a woman to quell that issue. He needs to create a spark and potentially having the first female (and also POC) VP is at least something people can get behind. Democrats. Identify politics. You know how it goes.

Sweet Square

The true hell world america deserves is Biden picking Hilary and then him having to step down mid campaign for health reasons.

Fergies Gum

It's shameful that they are not postponing the primaries and putting plans in place for everyone to vote via postal ballot.

They are gambling with people's lives by allowing the primaries to go ahead tomorrow.

Fergies Gum

The exit polls look very strong for Biden. The pressure will mount on Sanders with that plus Covid. What a mess.
Expecting Biden to get around 60% of the vote in Arizona & Illinois. Best performance for him will probably be in Florida where he gets closer to 70%.

Sweet Square

I thought I saw something similar for M4A? What is going on?

I think it's a mix of older Dem voters consuming a different media to younger voters, so they simply don't see the decades of Biden advocating for cutting social security(I'm guessing this is why Bernie said go a visit THE YOUTUBE). The Biden campaign being a giant void that can bend to anyones needs, so older Dem voters are able to simply project their own views onto the campaign - ''I like Joe and social security, so that must mean Joe also like social security'' and finally they had already made their minds up months ago, the different being now Biden is the only candidate left who best represents their politics.

Looking at the democratic party as a outsider(Someone who doesn't live in America), it's clearly a party with a conservative leadership and a mildly liberal voter base, with now a small section of the millennial generation making up the progressive left side of the party. While stuff like universal healthcare, funding social security, minimum wage and the green new deal might poll well, it's basically seen by the majority of the democratic base as kinda of philanthropy, something which would be nice to have but there isn't the real material need and desire for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.