2020 US Elections | Biden certified as President | Dems control Congress

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
So Medicare for All is radical? Only in the US (and wherever they forced their duopoly politics).

Majority of dems are in favor of it, never mind Bernie supporters.

Sounds like a good proposition to win an election by landslide.

Nah, feck that... let's run an old senile fecker
without any single message or idea but "I'm Joe Biden and I just forgot what I was gonna say, but it sure can't be any worse than Trump".
The public just rejected the guy who ran on it in favor of the guy not running on it. So irrespective of whether a majority of Dems support the policy, it's just one of many things to consider when voting for someone.

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
The public rejected the guy who ran on it in favor of the guy not running on it. So irrespective of whether a majority of Dems support the policy, it's just one of many things to consider when voting for someone.
The public didn't rejected him because of his policies though. They rejected him because the media told them he is unelectable and they bought.

So, whats stopping Biden and the DNC, to adopt some of Bernie's proposals, that had big acceptance among all the democrats? And that would also bring a whole bunch of Bernie voters...

The answer is, his corporate masters. (feck democracy.)

Revan

Assumptionman
So Medicare for All is radical? Only in the US (and wherever they forced their duopoly politics).

Majority of dems are in favor of it, never mind Bernie supporters.

Sounds like a good proposition to win an election by landslide.

Nah, feck that... let's run an old senile fecker without any single message or idea but "I'm Joe Biden and I just forgot what I was gonna say, but it sure can't be any worse than Trump".
Nope, M4A is definitely non-radical. It is a policy I heavily support.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
The public didn't rejected him because of his policies though. They rejected him because the media told them he is unelectable and they bought.

So, whats stopping Biden and the DNC, to adopt some of Bernie's proposals, that had big acceptance among all the democrats? And that would also bring a whole bunch of Bernie voters...

Every voter gets to decide who they want to vote for based on their own priorities - which this cycle are beating Trump. Most of Sanders policies were not implementable anyway because not enough Dems in congress support them.

George Owen

Every voter gets to decide who they want to vote for based on their own priorities - which this cycle are beating Trump. Most of Sanders policies were not implementable anyway because not enough Dems in congress support them.
Unless you try first, every single policy will be not implementable. Elections coming up for the house and senate, so It was perfectly possible to work a strategy towards gaining the necessary support.

Anyway, whats stopping him from just saying he will support it (even if he cant get it done, like many before him with different policies), though? His corporate masters won't even allow him to do that and bring ideas to people's minds. .

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
@Florida Man @nimic
you too are maga you just have to embrace it

remember these past few days when people say incivility or """class-reductionism""" is why the left loses and the centre wins. if any interview of bernie went half as bad as biden's (the quote being highlighted isn't the only bad one) he'd have a few dozen op-eds, from woke media, to the big papers, to the never-trump columnists on him, and msnbc and cnn segments devoted to it. remember that his truthful quote in the 80s about cuban schools was a days-long news cycle while biden's open repeated lie - at the same moment - about getting arrested against apartheid wasn't and probably isnt known to anyone outside twitter. tara reade's fights with landlords mean she isn't credible while biden's repeated lies about participating in civil rights have no bearing on his credibility. even better, bernie's real arrest for civil rights was doubted by the washington post in an article they never retracted. these outlets have, for years, been openly or covertly hostile (depending on the mood and the threat he represented at the moment) to bernie and the left broadly and have built an alternate reality for the mass of people that trust them.

Last edited:

nimic

something nice
Scout
@Florida Man @nimic
you too are maga you just have to embrace it

remember these past few days when people say incivility or """class-reductionism""" is why the left loses and the centre wins.
I am definitely MAGA. Make Andropov General-secretary Again.

When the Red Alert remaster comes out I'll be constantly muttering "this one is for you, Comrade Stalin", and silently curse Revan.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout

When the Red Alert remaster comes out I'll be constantly muttering "this one is for you, Comrade Stalin", and silently curse Revan.
in a list of most-hated general secretaries, andropov came last :nervous:

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Unless you try first, every single policy will be not implementable. Elections coming up for the house and senate, so It was perfectly possible to work a strategy towards gaining the necessary support.

Anyway, whats stopping him from just saying he will support it (even if he cant get it done, like many before him with different policies), though? His corporate masters won't even allow him to do that and bring ideas to people's minds. .
Why would Biden support it ? He literally just defeated a guy who supported it by running on a different policy.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
He's the William Henry Harrison of General Secretaries, though to be fair to him he at least lasted a full year.
i was wondering if i have to explain the joke since there are actual insane people here.

George Owen

Why would Biden support it ? He literally just defeated a guy who supported it by running on a different policy.
Because Biden didn't won on policy. He won only because of "electability".

He could support Medicare for all, without losing much of his base + gaining a big bunch of new votes. Would be smart business if all they care about is defeating Trump.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
(not the radical, Stalin or bust)
Read the thread. Everyone who is not ultra-left and a preacher of communist is called a centrist nowadays.
@Eboue was right about you

Communism? Who the hell has mentioned communism in this thread? Why do you feel the need to keep exaggerating so much? It's honestly quite bizarre.
The only true world is the one that exists in Revan's imagination.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
Some of you lot have no ground to be criticizing Red Dreams' posts with the asinine feckery coming out your keyboards.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
The one good thing of Klobuchar is that she is competent (similar to Warren, but a centrist). However, she won’t help much on the election.

I think it has to be between Harris and Warren. Harris for identity politics and Warren to excite some of the left wingers (not the radical, Stalin or bust). I think Biden shot himself on the foot by committing to have a woman as VP, it should have been Bernie and then would have walked the election.

Abrams should not be considered. From state representative to VP is a big jump. Many more qualified people than her should be considered first.
I think that would have been the strongest ticket the Dems could put out though some were afraid of two 70-something white men on the ticket (mostly the identity politics crowd).

roseguy64

You're right here. Biden adopts more of Sanders' policies and he gets enough to stave off his gaffes that will come. The earlier the better.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Because Biden didn't won on policy. He won only because of "electability".

He could support Medicare for all, without losing much of his base + gaining a big bunch of new votes. Would be smart business if all they care about is defeating Trump.
If this was true he would've supported it from the beginning, which he didn't - and yet he still won. So he's obviously not going to do it now.

George Owen

If this was true he would've supported it from the beginning, which he didn't - and yet he still won. So he's obviously not going to do it now.
Precisely. I don't think it's true that Biden (and the DNC) wants to defeat Trump whatever the cost.

They could have done so much better if that was the case. It's evident, the corporations who finance the DNC (same that finance the republicans) don't mind losing the election to Trump. For them its a win/win whoever wins.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Precisely. I don't think it's true that Biden (and the DNC) wants to defeat Trump whatever the cost.

They could have done so much better if that was the case. It's evident, the corporations who finance the DNC (same that finance the republicans) don't mind losing the election to Trump. For them its a win/win whoever wins.
They do want to beat Trump, which is why they voted for Biden - who is now consistently polling ahead of Trump. Things seem to have worked out very well for them so far.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
I find it scary how hate-fueled these elections are. No one really cares about competency anymore, they just wanna see their guy win it at all costs.

Drifter

American
Biden will be relying on never Trumpers both independents and conservatives. If Biden wins i can only see more centre right policies to appease them.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Biden will be relying on never Trumpers both independents and conservatives. If Biden wins i can only see more centre right policies to appease them.
He's relying on Democrats and independents; along with a small number of never Trumpers. That's more than enough to win the election imo. As for governing, I would expect him to promote the same policies he is promoting now.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I find it scary how hate-fueled these elections are. No one really cares about competency anymore, they just wanna see their guy win it at all costs.
This is largely the influence of the weaponization of social media; micro-targeting at home and bot invasions from abroad. It is the new norm we are going to have to deal with going forward.

George Owen

They do want to beat Trump, which is why they voted for Biden - who is now consistently polling ahead of Trump. Things seem to have worked out very well for them so far.
Of course they can still win without adopting any Bernie policy, but it would be a 100% secure victory if they did.

The fact they are not doing it, makes you think why...

This is largely the influence of the weaponization of social media; micro-targeting at home and bot invasions from abroad. It is the new norm we are going to have to deal with going forward.
Don't forget the mass media. They exist only to divide.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Of course they can still win without adopting any Bernie policy, but it would be a 100% secure victory if they did.

The fact they are not doing it, makes you think why...

Don't forget the mass media. They exist only to divide.
There are a few good ideas that other candidates put forward during the campaign beyond just those of Sanders. Biden is already looking at a few like lowering the Medicare age to 60 (which Sanders supports), forgiving student debt for people who make less than 125k/yr (which would affect 80% of public college students), as well as adopting Liz Warren's bankruptcy reform proposal. All three are scaled down versions of policies progressives support. While he's at it, he should probably incorporate Jay Inslee's climate policies on as well.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
Is Biden going to be better managed going forward,? As in “don’t ad lib, the DNC will give you the words, you just say them.”
If left to his own devices he’ll find a way to fcuk it up.
I really do worry about the guy. He’s so unlikeable, to me anyway.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Is Biden going to be better managed going forward,? As in “don’t ad lib, the DNC will give you the words, you just say them.”
If left to his own devices he’ll find a way to fcuk it up.
I really do worry about the guy. He’s so unlikeable, to me anyway.
Ideally, they’d want to keep him in quarantine for as long as possible.

The Firestarter

Andropov is the one who really could have turned the key.

entropy

Trump isn't racist and either is Biden . Trump goes with what gets him the most whether its power or money .

Biden was clearly making a quip and knows there are black people who will vote Trump and Republican . What he was saying was he doesn't understand why they would same as he doesn't understand why anyone would
Trump is well known to be transactional. Everyone he encounters is either an obstacle or a stepping stone, and since he's also a highly accomplished liar, it would be hard to take anything he says seriously.
Just pure trash and dumb feckery at its finest. We all should have access to whatever it is that you’re smoking.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
I wrote this in Jan 2017 on reddit:
The Dems will continue finding adversaries like Putin since it makes it more convenient to not look into the mirror.
It's not been a perfect prediction, but if this is anything to go by, it's worked very well.

there is literally nobody, no matter how focused on russia and putin = satan (as joy ann reid is), that cant become russian agents if they step 1 cm out of the party line. this example is egregious, it's obviously been used against bernie and the left a lot (obvious that it was going to happen the moment it started, im pretty sure i said that here), but the fact that it can be used on a massive proponent of russiagate just because she said something slightly outside what the campaign wants to hear shows how much voters have been trained to think in this binary.

There is The Party and there are The Russians. Even race no longer exists, class has never mattered anyway. Trump has no personal venal motivations, the Republicans have no material interest or past history in tearing things up, it's only because Vlad is telling them to. There's Russia and Trump, and there's the Democrats, and CNN, and Bush, and that's the divide. What a triumph of mass media. The candidate said something on air to a well-known radio person but the only relevant thing is Russian bots.

Status
Not open for further replies.