2020 US Elections | Biden certified as President | Dems control Congress

Status
Not open for further replies.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Another takeaway:

The phrase “American people” makes me hate being an American person.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Haven't watched any of the debates, but I'm going to laugh when the only talking point out of the whole thing is about the fly.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Harris missed many opportunities to call out Pence on the ‘total ban’ on travelers from China, that is simply not true. Pence was able to say that multiple times with no push back.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Great point. Debated that in my head after I posted it, looked odd. Good eye.
How was the drinking game? ;)
Also, as a data scientist I hate the word average. USE MEDIANS
Nerd time. They probably meant mean average, don't you think? That's anyway what most people understand under 'average'. Median average is more interesting of course though. Someone tell DeVos we gotta educate the masses.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member

Nerd time. They probably meant mean average, don't you think? That's anyway what most people understand under 'average'. Median average is more interesting of course though. Someone tell DeVos we gotta educate the masses.
No drinking games for me, just a couple of glasses of wine.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Hey DGS

I'm back, again.
Despite having worked as a photo journalist in DC, I am not sure I'll be attempting to offer much insight on the elections. People are likely to perceive me as being cynical after being around Hill politicians and White House cretins for as long as I had.
Nothing to worry about, my friend. Those of us who know already view you that way. ;)

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United

Yes, the almost certainly meant mean average. The problem is that without any context the phrase “the average American paid 4K less in taxes” is bullshit. If ten billionaires paid 100 million less and everyone else paid around the same as before the average would look pretty good, but it would mean feck all. The median however would tell a much more relavent story.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Honestly I think Pence won that debate. Harris for all her good episodes in the dem debate didn't really show up. Hopefully makes no diff.
I think maybe her handlers decided it was more important to come across as nice, politely assertive, reasonable. Kind, almost, and that way be more likeable. Pence, on the other hand, was prepped for cut snd thrust. Might not help him to win in that sense; the optics of older man vs younger female are not ideal. Think voters won’t be attracted to him even though he thought on his feet and was slick as feck with deflections, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.