2020 US Elections | Biden certified as President | Dems control Congress

Status
Not open for further replies.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Interesting that there's been no real movement in Montana against either Trump or Daines.

I'd be REALLY interested to see some good quality Alaska polling. If the nationwide trend holds, I see it as practically a toss up. It should certainly be no redder than say, SC.

NH got some nice polling today (NH is interesting, rust belt voting not in the rust belt) and pretty much confirms the shift. I wouldn't expect much for trump in the likes of PA or Min

Florida looks solid too, though is hard to predict. AZ a little concerning though the higher quality polling looks good.

IA OH and NC surprisingly have a blue tint. Even TX.

Noose is tightening though. His path to 270, or even 230 or so (the minimum he needs to try to steal the election realistically) is very narrow.

I wrote about it a few days ago, and 538 did an article today, and my opinion is still that Graham will keep his seat. Tillis is toast though.
How about Mississippi?

owlo

How about Mississippi?
It's kinda similar to SC. Too many white people to really be thought of as competitive though might look close at a glance.

(Alaska is also very white, but due to the small population and 'independent' nature, is more "shocky" for lack of a better word.)

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
True. It's because even the Democrat Party sits to the political right of most European 'Conservative' (or similar) mainstream parties - parties that are considered to be right-of-centre on the conventional left-right spectrum.

Take healthcare as an example. Biden is not in favour of universal and comprehensive free-healthcare for all, paid out of taxation. But the Conservative Party in the UK is in favour of this - or at least feel that they have to be because it's so universally popular.
And Europeans that like a GOP candidate often don't know the full platform, only some sound bites that are relatable in the European context.

I'm not sure why they ask Europeans which candidate they prefer. Yes, anything is newsworthy in its own way; but it's just so irrelevant to the elections...

Fridge chutney

Pete has been driving them nuts over at Fox over the past 24 hours.

:lol: that was satisfying to watch. The smarmy folks on Fox didn't kñow what to say.

I don't kñow who that guy is or why he's important. But he made me chuckle.

Siorac

Has there ever been an election where European nations actually wanted the Republican to win? I cannot think of one.
Thatcher must have preferred Reagan to Carter, for example. I can't speak for her voters though.
And Europeans that like a GOP candidate often don't know the full platform, only some sound bites that are relatable in the European context.

I'm not sure why they ask Europeans which candidate they prefer. Yes, anything is newsworthy in its own way; but it's just so irrelevant to the elections...
It does speak to Trump's standing among the US' supposedly closest allies. It isn’t going to influence the election but it is revealing about how this administration is perceived.

GiddyUp

Is that real...

The state of USA politics if it is :houllier:
Remember that the last time trump skipped out on a debate. He held a "fundraiser" for vets but only handed over the money the day after the media caught him trying to pocket it.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Remember that the last time trump skipped out on a debate. He held a "fundraiser" for vets but only handed over the money the day after the media caught him trying to pocket it.
At this point I don't see any value in Biden bothering to debate him again. Both due to Trump's COVID situation and the fact that nobody is going to believe anything his Doc says in terms of being COVID free for the debate, as well as Trump's own desperation and petulance during any debates that may actually happen. With three weeks left, the rest is just a turnout / enthusiasm game.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
I think he might do something head to head against the debate... some oann flunky teeing up a special about voter fraud and election security and trump going on a full undiluted rant (hunter is a crook, hillary eats children, obama spied on me because he has a crush on me and antifa are stealing the election so stand up proud boys and defend the election and your second amendment rights and kill some democrats )

GiddyUp

I think he might do something head to head against the debate... some oann flunky teeing up a special about voter fraud and election security and trump going on a full undiluted rant (hunter is a crook, hillary eats children, obama spied on me because he has a crush on me and antifa are stealing the election so stand up proud boys and defend the election and your second amendment rights and kill some democrats )
Maybe a full page spread in defense of the Michigan terrorists. He did encourage them after all.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
It does speak to Trump's standing among the US' supposedly closest allies. It isn’t going to influence the election but it is revealing about how this administration is perceived.
What difference does that make though? On Trump, for example, people who care about European perceptions and don't know yet how Trump is seen in Europe are probably non-existent.

Also, coming back to my initial point: outside the extremists and populists, I think a lot of the people in Europe who back the GOP candidate probably see US politics in the same left-right divide that they're used to at home, and hence think they back the candidate on the right. In reality, the Dems candidate is probably much more like the candidate they support in their own country.

But then people being ill-informed about politics and politicians is par for the course, so not sure what I'm getting at with this. :houllier:

SirAF

Ageist
What difference does that make though? On Trump, for example, people who care about European perceptions and don't know yet how Trump is seen in Europe are probably non-existent.

Also, coming back to my initial point: outside the extremists and populists, I think a lot of the people in Europe who back the GOP candidate probably see US politics in the same left-right divide that they're used to at home, and hence think they back the candidate on the right. In reality, the Dems candidate is probably much more like the candidate they support in their own country.

But then people being ill-informed about politics and politicians is par for the course, so not sure what I'm getting at with this. :houllier:
Bingo. Quite a few people in Norway on the (far) right seem to support Trump thinking Biden is a «leftie». In the real world Biden would be closer to their party in Norway than a GOP candidate - the idiocy is mindblowing.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Why was the fly attracted to his head?
I've heard that, in the old days at least, some stylists would use sugar waterwhen styling hair because it does some nice things without being stiff like with hairspray. It could be they used that for Pence, which might explain why the fly showed up and stayed for so long.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
So did Pence test positive or was it false?
From what I've read, it looks like that outlet had written the story already in case it would happen (which is common; same for obituaries), and accidentally pushed it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.