2020 US Elections | Biden certified as President | Dems control Congress

Status
Not open for further replies.

owlo

feck me I look at spreadsheets all day, I’m lazy just give me the 2 sentence synopsis (or just ignore me, also a fairly reasonable option)
Biden holding steady in states Clinton did well in. (Except Orange) - Trump doing really badly in counties that carried him relative to 2016. No huge "red wave" on the day. He's fecked. (Don't infer results from this data yadayada)

SinNombre

Kinda. I'm plugging numbers manually in as they come in semi manually.

@Boycott @Siorac @rpitroda @Amarsdd I standby what I said about not making inferences. HOWEVER, here's some current data.
ps. If you're a news organisation and feel compelled to steal my data, please credit redcafe. Also enjoy working out Miami-Dade and the other counties for yourself :smirk:

Nice, not a news org so you are good on that front haha.

Trying to find breakdown of 2016 results in person. Should lead to better extrapolations.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
You might be right, and maybe you've been paying more attention. I don't want to get into a disagreement with people who wants the same outcome as me on a night that'll hopefully be positive so I'll retract my last few comments, maybe I've just seen footage from the wrong outlets.
I guess the thing is that the violence has to be triggered. The situation can go different ways, depending on who incites what. My post was how I see it happening most likely, but there lots of possible violent scenarios. Let's just hope none of them come out.
The 2011 scandal was pretty extensive and then swiftly covered up by Elections Canada.
Yeah - wasn't that the one where some low-hanging fruit were sentenced to jail, but they never quite uncovered (revealed?) their links to the top of the CPC? Or somehow that was left hanging a little? I also seem to remember some smaller other robocall incidents; maybe in the first Trudeau election?

owlo

Nice, not a news org so you are good on that front haha.

Trying to find breakdown of 2016 results in person. Should lead to better extrapolations.
I just put that as some shithouses have been known to steal data. Probably hopeless but may as well tell them not to. I'd personally avoid going down that rabbithole. In person comparisons to 2016 won't be too useful. I have some Miami Dade data too, but it's not such a reliable source, so didn't include it there. General trend holds though. Biden doing fine but not excelling. Holding his own.

Is Orange full of Latinos?

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Definitely BBC in the hope they can top the 2008 coverage of David Dimbleby interviewing Dizzee Rascal.
I wrote my dissertation based on his final statement in that interview which was something along the lines of "hip hop's helped Obama win". I remember my curriculum head asking if I was insane in the first interview when I told him.

Got a fecking A for it.

owlo

Ok. So that means that these people are voting for one either Biden or Trump? Not some third dude?
Well over 80% will vote for the main two yep. In most states, that figure will be over 90%

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I'm torn between BBC or CNN. With CNN I'll get actual interviews with important people from attractive women in powersuits who would rip my todger off (please send all complaints to Damo) but the production quality is horrendous and I like shiny things. Probably spent all that oil money on freedom juice, right folks?

Say what? I ain’t even started on the hard stuff, and it looks like a log of minions to me
Hey, I just calls it like I sees it.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
is this trump well ahead in Florida then?
It’s impossible to know. More republicans are probably going to vote Biden than democrats vote trump. It also doesn’t include most of the data from Miami which will lean Democrat and is hugely populated. And we have no clue which way independents are going - if they sway 60-40 Biden he wins. What it probably does indicate is it’s going to be close...in typical Florida fashion.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Second Monitor Fox for the lols
TV behind me on BBC

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Oh wait, CNN has that Wool Blister guy from that Mission Impossible movie. Sold.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
is this trump well ahead in Florida then?
That's not how I interpret it at all. Repubs have a 173k lead amongst registered voters, but while I expect nearly all registered democrats' to vote dem, I expect a statistically significant portion of registered republicans' to vote Biden. Then you have the 2M plus independents, of which I would expect Biden to have anywhere from a 5-10 point lead. So my interpretation is that the numbers look very dem favorable. But what do I know?

krautrøck

Supports
FC Bayer 05 Uerdingen
I wrote my dissertation based on his final statement in that interview which was something along the lines of "hip hop's helped Obama win". I remember my curriculum head asking if I was insane in the first interview when I told him.

Got a fecking A for it.
Nice. Did he at least ask you if you were insane in the membrane?

oates

No one is a match for his two masters degrees
Scout
Supports
Arsenal
Oh wait, CNN has that Wool Blister guy from that Mission Impossible movie. Sold.
Can you just post the key points on CNN as they come up?

Status
Not open for further replies.