2020 US Elections | Biden certified as President | Dems control Congress

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
@Pexbo

I think what I am trying to say is that virus is bad.

But, Dems were playing a nice game relying on it to win the election without getting in the mud with a guy like Trump probably cost (hopefully not still) this election.
What I'm trying to say is that those that voted for Trump probably doesn't care much About the health aspect covid, as with most of his supporters. They're no doubt effected financially (as we all are) so they're bound to support trump's policy.

Wilt

Who is the woman In glasses presenting the election with Andrew Neil?

Precaution

Don't forget, a majority of America(ns) have voted for this, this is what America is in 2020, imagine Animal House frat like boys and all screaming "AMERICAAAAA" with red MAGA hats.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
I think I'd rather punch Pence instead of Trump. What an odious and spineless creature.

Siorac

Don't forget, a majority of America(ns) have voted for this, this is what America is in 2020, imagine Animal House frat like boys and all screaming "AMERICAAAAA" with red MAGA hats.
Well, a majority of states. A majority of actual Americans did not vote for this, either four years ago or now.

Ivor Ballokov

Bear in my mind he is setting the stage here. If he sneaks in by a few votes and there are calls for recounts he's already fighting that, he's already stoking up apathy. It's a scary and quite possibly effective tactic.

edit: and if he does win, he's setting the groundwork to say he won by a landslide, which is demonstrably not true but plays into his populist nature. This is also terrifying going forward.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Millions of ballots still outstanding in Pennsylvania, mainly from urban areas. Philly went 3-1 in favor of a Biden, Pittsburgh 3-2, & Philly suburbs 3-2.

FireballXL5

Interesting that he thinks upholding and defending the Constitution means not counting people's votes. Democracy y'all.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Granted I'm not a loyal follower of Biden, but with Trump you at least know his soundbites.
I'm not sure knowing the sound bites of a pathological liar (20,000 while in office and counting) is a good way to decide who you think the better candidate is.

welshwingwizard

Nah, this works when it's Trump round 1.

At this point you're either with Trump or you're not. It doesn't matter who the DNC chose the results would be the same. We're at a point where it's basically Anyone but Trump vs Trump or no one.
That is only the case when your whole campaign is anti trump and not pro anything.

Bernie would have led on issues that resonated with people. People voted for trump out of desperation after not ever seeing the wealth neoliberalism promised. He gave them an enemy.

Bernie would have addressed their concerns but in a positive way focussing on jobs, income security, healthcare etc. Anyway it's a redundant point.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Looks like the GOP will win the Senate, even if Biden wins, the Rep. control the Senate and SC, it's been a disaster election for America :(

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
cant believe those epic lincoln project ads didnt make a difference
:lol:

Even if Biden wins, and i believe he will. At least be humble and accept that courting of "moderate" Republicans failed again. Giving platform to likes of Kasich on convention seems like a such a joke right now. I am certain that if not for Trump's disastrous handling of Covid, he would have won this election easily IMO.

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
GA : 9 % unaccounted votes @ 456.534

Biden trails by 118.000

He'll need 346.000 out of the remaining 456.000 votes, that's 76% out of the remaining votes needs to be Biden's only to break even

(Math could be slighly wrong but there or thereabout)
I think with a bit less 290.000 (290.000 - 166.000 = 124.000 difference) of the 456.000 would be enough. About 63%. Possible...but

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
The % counted in PA, WI, MI has been creping up steadily but the margin is remaining steady. Once again, I am mystified by the optimism both here an on most of twitter.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
I'm not sure knowing the sound bites of a pathological liar (20,000 while in office and counting) is a good way to decide who you think the better candidate is.
I don't, most of us here has been his opponent since even before he won 2016

But you can't deny it win him enough votes to win. He understand his base and his target market.

SinNombre

So my final take before a couple of hours of sleep.

Base case is Biden wins AZ and NV, and Trump wins NC and MI.

We are left with WI, GA and PA

whoever wins 2/3 of those states wins.

WI is likely Trump now, the other 2 are toss-ups.

JulesWinnfield

West Brom Fan
That is only the case when your whole campaign is anti trump and not pro anything.

Bernie would have led on issues that resonated with people. People voted for trump out of desperation after not ever seeing the wealth neoliberalism promised. He gave them an enemy.

Bernie would have addressed their concerns but in a positive way focussing on jobs, income security, healthcare etc. Anyway it's a redundant point.
The idea that Sanders has lost comfortably in two Democrat primaries and couldn't turn out the independents and young voters like claimed, yet would apparently do so in the election is so lacking in logic.

One of Biden's problems is he's perceived as too left leaning in most these swing states. What twitter millenials living in the coastal states think of you matters not one bit.

prateik

Lead in AZ down to 130k now... 80% reporting.. Its in play .. not as much as GA .. but not over yet.

SinNombre

The % counted in PA, WI, MI has been creping up steadily but the margin is remaining steady. Once again, I am mystified by the optimism both here an on most of twitter.
MI is Trump.

WI is likely Trump.

PA is toss-up.

Twitter is left leaning and always optimistic and can’t interpret data.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I’ve completely and utterly given up. It’s over now as far as I am concerned. The next 4 years is going to be hell.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Wasn't eligible to vote at 2016 because I wasn't a citizen yet but if I could I would've voted for him over Hillary.

As for political views - I am for opening up the country and against shutdowns, for lower taxes, for strong military. I don't like the blm-defund-the-police sentiment that is prevalent in the liberal cities which the democrats have ruined with their progressive experiments. There's a reason why people are fleeing those cities to more conservative suburbs. I like that Trump puts unapologetically America first, I like how he dealt with Isis and Iran, I like his historic peace brokerings in the middle east. I think he dealt with the outbreak better than Biden would've ever done, as he was never going to put a travel ban on China (remember Pelosi apologizing for Trump and dancing in Chinatown? Biden would've been right there with her).

His divisive and cnutish personality will always outshine the good things he has done but this isn't a popularity contest.
I'm curious what your thoughts are on Trump now outright attempting to get millions of votes thrown out (except in Arizona where he thinks the late votes will go his way)? You're happy for him to do that or do you now think he's gone too far?

That's a serious question by the way. I'm trying to get a feel on what his actual supporters think about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.