2020 US Elections | Biden certified as President | Dems control Congress

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Bit hysterical. Trumps an idiot but plenty of reasons why people might vote for him simply due to party loyalty.
Sorry but it’s an attitude like this that makes the world a horrible place to be in at times. Selfish people round every corner.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
What was all this talk about the votes not all being counted today and that it might take a week to get the result. Confusing stuff.

Bookies must be livid with the pollsters.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
My €5 Liverpool/Biden double pays back €15. I could've cashed out for €8.90 before I went to sleep. Now the cash out is €5.38.

This is the most scientific projection out there.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
I don't, most of us here has been his opponent since even before he won 2016

But you can't deny it win him enough votes to win. He understand his base and his target market.
Yep, got the people thoroughly brainwashed through fear and misinformation.

Suv666

At the end of the day. Democrats are dumbfecks. Thats why they are on course to lose.
Rust belt was supposed to be Biden's fortress and he's getting fecked there.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
What was all this talk about the votes not all being counted today and that it might take a week to get the result. Confusing stuff.

Maybe it's one thing tallying electronic votes, but it's another actually opening the mails, checking for authenticity, and tallying hundreds of thousands of actual paper

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
NC and GA both less than 100k but 93 and 94% counting done. What do you guys expect?

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
At the end of the day. Democrats are dumbfecks. Thats why they are on course to lose.
Rust belt was supposed to be Biden's fortress and he's getting fecked there.
Honestly, I'm not sure the Dems can legislate for what a fecking stupid cnut bag of a country this is. It's incomprehensible to me that anyone could vote for Trump after the last four years. Disgraceful and disgusting. America should be ashamed of itself.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member

Different counties have different rules. Some PA counties don’t even start counting until later today.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
When Rick Santurom is a voice of reason...

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Because there is over 1.5 million votes in both up for grabs and trump was always going to lead day voting. A good portion of the 1.5 is absentee voting and Biden is trending 80-20 in that market
60% of 1.5 million is about enough so I'd say there is room for optimism.

Eire Red United

It is an absolute joke that a country like America has to choose between these pair of clowns. Seemingly Bidens only quality is not being Trump.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Different counties have different rules. Some PA counties don’t even start counting until later today.
But these votes arent enough to affect the result anymore then? I was under the impression there wouldnt be a new president for a few days but it seems nearly over.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Honestly, I'm not sure the Dems can legislate for what a fecking stupid cnut bag of a country this is. It's incomprehensible to me that anyone could vote for Trump after the last four years. Disgraceful and disgusting. America should be ashamed of itself.
If they don't even know their subject how can they lead them?

It's all on Dem, Trump don't make blunder this time around, nor he make any smart maneuver, he's just being Trump. Democrats on the other hand does nothing they're not even know they're losing.

TheGame

They could have started by putting a younger and more charismatic candidate out there. Obama would have nailed Trump.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
But these votes arent enough to affect the result anymore then? I was under the impression there wouldnt be a new president for a few days but it seems nearly over.
Millions of ballots are outstanding, many from major urban areas.

prateik

NC and GA both less than 100k but 93 and 94% counting done. What do you guys expect?
GA less than 100k ?
NC has been holding steady.. in fact his lead went up from 50k to over 75k last I checked .. so NC looks unlikely.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
This. It's unbelievable that so many people vote for such a person. No excuses, the US is a catastrophe.

Also, if Trump is elected president although he lost the popular vote for a second time I find it hard to still call the country a functioning democracy.

I mean, if not even covid and all the despicable stuff was enough to get him out of office, nothing will. All hope is lost with these people.

stepic

not surprised at all. but it’s just so depressing when the worst fears about the world we are living in are clearly highlighted. we live on a planet where millions of people vote for trump to be re-elected. and we are trying to encourage them to think about things like... climate change? there’s no hope. not until the boomers die. and maybe not even then.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Time to start taking the recommendations from this contested election war game seriously?

In June 2020 the Transition Integrity Project (TIP) convened a bipartisan group of over 100 current and former senior government and campaign leaders and other experts in a series of 2020 election crisis scenario planning exercises. The results of all four table-top exercises were alarming. We assess with a high degree of likelihood that November’s elections will be marked by a chaotic legal and political landscape. We also assess that President Trump is likely to contest the result by both legal and extra-legal means, in an attempt to hold onto power. Recent events, including the President’s own unwillingness to commit to abiding by the results of the election, the Attorney General’s embrace of the President’s groundless electoral fraud claims, and the unprecedented deployment of federal agents to put down leftwing protests, underscore the extreme lengths to which President Trump may be willing to go in order to stay in office.

In this report, TIP explains the basis for our assessment. Our findings are bolstered by the historical experience of Bush v. Gore (2000) and other U.S. electoral dysfunctions. The closest analogy may be the election of 1876, a time of extreme partisanship and rampant disenfranchisement, where multiple states proffered competing slates of electors, and the election was only resolved through a grand political bargain days before Inauguration—one that traded an end to Reconstruction for electoral peace and resulted in a century of Jim Crow, leaving deep wounds that are far from healed today.

Among the findings we highlight in the report:
  • The concept of “election night,” is no longer accurate and indeed is dangerous. We face a period of contestation stretching from the first day a ballot is cast in mid-September until January 20. The winner may not, and we assess likely will not, be known on “election night” as officials count mail-in ballots. This period of uncertainty provides opportunities for an unscrupulous candidate to cast doubt on the legitimacy of the process and to set up an unprecedented assault on the outcome. Campaigns, parties, the press and the public must be educated to adjust expectations starting immediately.
  • A determined campaign has opportunity to contest the election into January 2021. We anticipate lawsuits, divergent media narratives, attempts to stop the counting of ballots, and protests drawing people from both sides. President Trump, the incumbent, will very likely use the executive branch to aid his campaign strategy, including through the Department of Justice. We assess that there is a chance the president will attempt to convince legislatures and/or governors to take actions – including illegal actions – to defy the popular vote. Federal laws provide little guidance for how Congress should resolve irregularities when they convene in a Joint Session on January 6, 2021. Of particular concern is how the military would respond in the context of uncertain election results. Here recent evidence offers some reassurance, but it is inconclusive.
  • The administrative transition process itself may be highly disrupted. Participants in our exercises of all backgrounds and ideologies believed that Trump would prioritize personal gain and self-protection over ensuring an orderly administrative handoff to his successor. Trump may use pardons to thwart future criminal prosecution, arrange business deals with foreign governments that benefit him financially, attempt to bribe and silence associates, declassify sensitive documents, and attempt to divert federal funds to his own businesses.
These risks can be mitigated; the worst outcomes of the exercises are far from a certainty. The purpose of this report is not to frighten, but to spur all stakeholders to action. Our legal rules and political norms don’t work unless people are prepared to defend them and to speak out when others violate them. It is 2 incumbent upon elected officials, civil society leaders, and the press to challenge authoritarian actions in the courts, in the media, and in the streets through peaceful protest. Specific recommendations include:
  • Plan for a contested election. If there is a crisis, events will unfold quickly, and sleep-deprived leaders will be asked to make consequential decisions quickly. Thinking through options now will help to ensure better decisions. Approach this as a political battle, not just a legal battle. In the event of electoral contestation, sustained political mobilization will likely be crucial for ensuring transition integrity. Dedicated staff and resources need to be in place at least through the end of January.
  • Focus on readiness in the states, providing political support for a complete and accurate count. Governors, Secretaries of State, Attorneys General and Legislatures can communicate and reinforce laws and norms and be ready to confront irregularities. Election officials will need political and public support to see the process through to completion.
  • Address the two biggest threats head on: lies about “voter fraud” and escalating violence. Voting fraud is virtually non-existent, but Trump lies about it to create a narrative designed to politically mobilize his base and to create the basis for contesting the results should he lose. The potential for violent conflict is high, particularly since Trump encourages his supporters to take up arms.
  • Anticipate a rocky administrative transition. Transition teams will likely need to do two things simultaneously: defend against Trump’s reckless actions on his way out of office; and find creative solutions to ensure landing teams are able to access the information and resources they need to begin to prepare for governing

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!

Was getting antsy with it only being Fox, so that's good.

LARulz

I agree that it's sad that so many voted for him but Dems have to hold their hands up. They fecked up when Trump did nothing different. Biden is and was a poor candidate - when your only real platform is "I am not Trump'" then you are asking for trouble.

Democrats never really put out a vision/dream/something to aim for. Saying it's not Trump' is not the same thing

Status
Not open for further replies.