2020 US Elections | Biden certified as President | Dems control Congress

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revan

Assumptionman
Then he is grand. Assuming he holds AZ too, of course.
Yep. Seems that is the best path for Biden.

Arizona has been called by many news agencies so it should be done. And Nevada will follow Arizona (it is slightly more blue than Arizona).

Michigan is where it is IMO. Win that, and he wins. Lose that, he will also lose PA. I do not see a scenario when he loses Michigan and then wins PA (and even if that happens, it might go to courts or the GOP-controlled congress of PA might decide that the election was a fraud and give the delegates to Trump).

Come on Detroit!

Last edited:

SirAF

Ageist
Yep. Seems that is the best path for Trump.

Arizona has been called by many news agencies so it should be done. And Nevada will follow Arizona (it is slightly more blue than Arizona).

Michigan is where it is IMO. Win that, and he wins. Lose that, he will also lose PA. I do not see a scenario when he loses Michigan and then wins PA (and even if that happens, it might go to courts or the GOP-controlled congress of PA might decide that the election was a fraud and give the delegates to Trump).

Come on Detroit!
Agree.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
How the feck can so many States be an almost even 50/50 split. Feels rigged to up the suspense :lol:

AshRK

Quick synopsis: shit ton of nail in ballots in processed in super heavy dem areas. Also, Trump claimed that finishing to count those ballots is stealing the election. Stay tuned for madness.
I was looking for Trump's meltdown but this has gone too close for everyone's liking.

Spark

Might be people who dislike Trump but want an R senate to block Biden?
Quite possible. I just don't understand how you can dislike Trump but then like some of the Republican senators who are cleaning up. There's not that much difference between them.

Then again I'm not an American and parliament is absolutely littered with total bellends so feck knows.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Looking like 50/50 leaning slightly to Biden now.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
After having to watch the ads on CNN I'm no longer surprised that people are gullible enough to vote Trump.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
Wisconsin too close for comfort now.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
Fully agree. There's no 'one of' about it. He's by far the worst president of my lifetime, the only one I have ever seen who actively tries to turn Americans against each other.
Sure isn’t worse than George W Bush. Trump hasn’t sent America troops to the Iraq and Afghan wars.

Trump would have to do a lot to trump that. :p

Smores

If Biden does win I am looking forward to watching Trumps meltdown, reckon we'll need a thread specially for it, "Trump goes into meltdown - 2020 edition" or something. I've never seen a outgoing president try to reject the peoples vote. Should be interesting and entertaining in equal measures.
Unfortunately that will probably come with a mass shooter event. His crazy supporters/supporters won't take it well

Marcosdeto

Guess who's back?
So just because there exists a small minority of LGBTQ who support Donald Trump makes the rest of the base not homophobic? Despite the actual laws his administration has tried to pass? The overtly anti LGBTQ statements Republican senators and Trump makes and the majority of LGBTQ folks who themselves have called the administration bigots time and time again?

This just in, we shouldnt call all Nazis anti semitic because a small of group Jewish populace supported Hitler.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Association_of_German_National_Jews
so, when the whataboutism suits you, you use it

and i'm not going to enter a discusion if every hitler voter was antisemitic
is daft and is not the proper thread

still, the gays that vote for trump are not homophobic, so there you have a very clear proof that not every trump voter is homophobic

and i'm pretty sure that there are a lot non gay voters that arent homophobic

Siorac

How the feck can so many States be an almost even 50/50 split. Feels rigged to up the suspense :lol:
:lol: yeah, if it were a TV show, I'd say the plot is a little too contrived at this point and the writers went for the lazy approach of generating suspense.

Revan

Assumptionman
I'm sure the Democrats will reflect upon the election, their primaries, their policies. That I don't think this election had the potential to be significantly different, based on the results we're seeing, is meaningless: I'm a nobody :)

Biden was acceptable to almost all wings of the behemoth that is the Democratic Party. It's very hard to find any sort of common ground in such a huge, diverse collection of people and ideologies - how are Manchin, Biden, and AOC in the same party? - but the system means they MUST find that common ground somehow. The only way out of this would be a complete reform of the system and that's not going to happen.
Agree.

BTW, Manchin has been behaving nicely since he won the reelection (in the reddest/second reddest after Wyoming state in the country), and especially with Schumer making him part of the Democrat leadership in the senate.

Abizzz

Are my eyes tired or is Biden closing in in Michigan? Could swear the gap was larger last time I checked and still only 48% of Wayne County counted yet (It's not going to be enough alone but it'll deliver a huge chunk).

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Well so far in Arizona
- McSally is in the lead for Senate (D)
- Tipirneni is in the lead District 6 (D)
- O'Halleran is in the lead District 1 (D)

And biggest news of all

207 - Legalize Recreational Marijuana 60% yes

It'll swing to Biden with all that
Don't you mean Kelly? McSally is Rep. One of Trump's kiss-asses.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
The NY Times needle has GA tilting to Biden right now? Feck yeah, didn't even notice that after I got back up.

UncleBob

- Driven a divide between the US and Europe
- caused the rise of populist propaganda
- almost started a war with Iran
- went out of the Paris Climate Agreement
- threatened to leave NATO
- left the WHO in times of the biggest health crisis the world has seen since anyone alive can probably remember, just to be able to blame someone else
- given legitimacy to open lies and deception as part of the political landscape (you may claim politicians have always be frauds all you want, but we haven't seen something on the scale of what Trump has done or what followed with Brexit, in that lies were openly told that were easy to proove wrong, on the basis that the average population would be intrigued enough by those lies to blindly follow their rhetoric anyway)
- paved the way for stuff like the Brexit movement to think that their time has come
- caused right wing politicians all over Europe to grow stronger
- etc...

If you are unable to see what effect Trump has had, then you're either based in the US and haven't realized the influence your country's foreign policy has on the rest of the world, or are just willingly closing your eyes.
Hehe, unlike the divide after spying on Merkel and everyone else?
Populist propaganda has always existed
Someone has always almost started a war with Iran. Stuxnet anyone?
The US and the Paris agreement was always a shitfest
WHO was a shit move, fair enough
Threats over the course of NATO is nothing new, it's always been an issue that other countries aren't paying their fair share.
How on earth is Brexit a result of Trump? :lol:
How has he caused right wing politicians in Europe to grow stronger?

Writing something doesn't instantly make it true.

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes

still, the gays that vote for trump are not homophobic, so there you have a very clear proof that not every trump voter is homophobic

Ok, be sure and bugger off. It's a nonsensical discussion.

Neo_Mufc

Morning all, I fell asleep at 5:30 GMT couldn't stay up any longer. How we looking?

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
General amusement in terms of polls. Outcome has no effect on me anyway and Biden is hardly a great choice.
In my opinion this is hugely important, a right-wing leaning populist drum beater beaten. Show the rest of the world that it’s not ok for politicians like that to be sprinting up. And also sending a message to other celebrity loonies that they shouldn’t waste their time and money

Hammerfell

Why did you bother coming back?

TheGame

In my opinion this is hugely important, a right-wing leaning populist drum beater beaten. Show the rest of the world that it’s not ok for politicians like that to be sprinting up. And also sending a message to other celebrity loonies that they shouldn’t waste their time and money
No to mention, stating its ok to outright tell blatant lies in public as Boris over here has been repeating.

Status
Not open for further replies.