2020 US Elections | Biden certified as President | Dems control Congress

Status
Not open for further replies.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
What the feck is he talking about?
There was a hope for a resounding victory that might provide a basis for sweeping away the shitstain that was Trump's presidency. Instead we had a president say that counting votes is stealing an election if rump is already winning. So yeah.

muller

I fell asleep on the sofa at 5am and was awoken by my son at 6 coming downstairs to see why the TV was on. Feel terrible. Hardly done any work today as cant turn away.

Dudu

As someone who has not been to bed it has been an emotionally wrecking experience. If this ends the way it looks to be going then it was worth it and I will remember this experience forever.
Agreed.

And I'm not even from the States :nervous:

HabeasC

"near" :lol: They have like 200 miles of land border with each other. If Charles Barkley posted about how he's surprised the Netherlands are near Belgium all hell would break loose.
Surely the equivalent would be not knowing that NSW and Victoria are near each other. Or in the UK, not knowing Rutland is near Leicestershire.

Abizzz

Surely the equivalent would be not knowing that NSW and Victoria are near each other. Or in the UK, not knowing Rutland is near Leicestershire.
No. Michigan and Wisconsin are actually relevant.

Sandyman

So Biden, who has broken the record for most votes ever received by a candidate for a US Presidential Election might still not be President.

Absolutely bonkers!

nimic

something nice
Scout
Whatever ends up happening here, this doesn't bode well for America. I genuinely did think they were sort of "bouncing back", but if not even 4 years of obvious racism, misogyny, a lack of concern for human life and an authoritarian right-wing agenda has convinced more Americans that Trump needs to go.... well, America is fecked, and Americans are to blame.

Last edited:

RUUD_10_LEGEND

I went to bed a few hours ago totally deflated, just woke up to the news that its looking hopeful. Thanks for dealing with the roller coaster while I slept
I went to bed last night feeling nervous as feck yet optimistic. Woke up at 7 and was totally deflated before the day had even began. Since then it's certainly been a ride. I just hope WI and MI declare before the end of the day to help settle the nerves that remain.

InfiniteBoredom

As someone who has not been to bed it has been an emotionally wrecking experience. If this ends the way it looks to be going then it was worth it and I will remember this experience forever.
I think you will have a fair few more memorable elections.

American politics right now has a very similar feel to the mid 19th century. Intense division (North/South -> urban/rural), single issue dividing society/stoking violence (slavery/culture war), disregard of norms/violent rhetoric/violence from elected officials (Civil War era Democrats/current Republicans).

My prediction is political violence will sooner or later become the norm, similar to bloody Kansas, and you guys are in for a couple of very rough decades, even if it doesn’t come to a full blown civil war, since there’s no clear geographical division between the two sides.

DavidDeSchmikes

“Soul of the nation” type stuff.

Basically the question “how after all this are there still this many Americans who think Trump is the right choice?”
If Biden wins, fair enough, but it is says a lot that Biden will have a squeeze out a win despite the last 4 years

Status
Not open for further replies.