2020 US Elections | Biden certified as President | Dems control Congress

Status
Not open for further replies.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Good speech from Burden, do our resident US posters think his unity calls will be effective or is it falling on deaf ears?
The result as it stands will only entrench urban v. rural viewpoints - sure there is crossover, but I see no softening over the stances of each side.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Worried about the 'oppoents are not the enemies' part.

Nearly 50% voted for Trump. They bought into the ****. The Republicans in the Senate are going to do everything they can to refuse to work with Biden. He's going to get nothing done and that'll cost them in two years and definitely in four.

Meanwhile I bet he lets Trump off the hook for everything. Trump getting off will turn away so many Dem voters and make everyone on the right give up completely on the idea on playing by the rules, ever, because they always get away with it.

Last edited:

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
You'll probably have to wait a long time, unfortunately.
Starting to see more of it in local elections. It’s as phony as god on the money & in the pledge. Those only started in the 50s. Only a matter of time, but not on the horizon just yet.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I can only assume that they are talking about modern Presidential campaigns, which would mean 1992, 1980 and 1976.

Hoover vs Roosevelt in 1932 and the races before were generally ones where there were no primaries, the Party bosses picked the candidates and there wasn't nationwide campaigning as we have now.
Perhaps that’s the distinction

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Worried about the 'oppoents are not the enemies' part.

Nearly 50% voted for Trump. They bought into the ****. The Republicans in the Senate are going to do everything they can to refuse to work with Biden. He's going to get nothing done and that'll cost them in two years and definitely in four.

Meanwhile I bet he lets Trump off the hook for everything.
State of New York probably won’t let him off. Agree on the national absolving of Trump though.

Pughnichi

@Pughnichi was feeling a little pugnacious when he fashioned that post.
I wasn’t looking for an argument. Just sharing my feelings. I can’t deny I’m down the rabbit hole and do watch Box Clues (amongst others) but certainly steer clear of FB, Twitter and other platforms that some have mentioned.

Mocking responses were expected and taken well. Post of the year apparently. I’ll take that

Sad state of affairs for US though regardless of which party you support. It’s so close with total popular vote at 50% Biden and 48% Trump so it’s gonna end with many millions of people feeling disillusioned - not only with the outcome, but how they get there. The narrative now seems to be “all votes should be counted” VS “mail voting is fixed”

It won’t end well, or quickly unfortunately.

mu4c_20le

Biden just broke the record for most votes won by any presidential candidate with over 70 million

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
It’s a bit like Dustin Hoffman is directing the reporting of ballots like he directed the war in ‘Wag the Dog,’ playing it out for maximum drama.

wr8_utd

:'(
Nice to finally hear an American President sound Presidential. Feels like an eternity since it last happened.

SirAF

Ageist
I wasn’t looking for an argument. Just sharing my feelings. I can’t deny I’m down the rabbit hole and do watch Box Clues (amongst others) but certainly steer clear of FB, Twitter and other platforms that some have mentioned.

Mocking responses were expected and taken well. Post of the year apparently. I’ll take that

Sad state of affairs for US though regardless of which party you support. It’s so close with total popular vote at 50% Biden and 48% Trump so it’s gonna end with many millions of people feeling disillusioned - not with the outcome but how they get there. The narrative now seems to be “all votes should be counted” VS “mail voting is fixed”

While you are active here - the point about the Nobel nomination is horse shit. Anyone can nominate anyone and the guy who nominated Trump is a far right moron who most Norwegians just laugh at.

InfiniteBoredom

State of New York probably won’t let him off. Agree on the national absolving of Trump though.
This troglodyte has 44% approval rating. You couldn’t prosecute Tricky Dick when he was at 23%.

There’s no justice in this world, he and his spawns will get away scot free because the cost of doing the right thing is too dear.

Siorac

Sad state of affairs for US though regardless of which party you support. It’s so close with total popular vote at 50% Biden and 48% Trump so it’s gonna end with many millions of people feeling disillusioned - not only with the outcome, but how they get there. The narrative now seems to be “all votes should be counted” VS “mail voting is fixed”

Kudos for taking it well.

But I find it baffling that "all votes should be counted" can be a controversial position in any way or form. That really should not be a partisan issue.

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.
Nice to finally hear an American President sound Presidential. Feels like an eternity since it last happened.
Admittedly, when Trump is the comparison, almost anyone can sound more presidential. Still good though :)

Rajma

The best part about Biden winning is the end of these nasty politics brought to you by Trump. GOP will cut the Trump ties off the moment he loses it officially.

Giggs86

What echo chambers do you typically get your news from?
Looking at facts, interacting with different people, podcasts. not really listening to news. Every single outlet leans heavily left and then you have Fox who lean right. Can't really get unbiased news.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member

3 million vote difference is not particularly close.

I would entertain finding other information sources if I were you. You don’t seem that completely ignorant, you are just misguided on many things. There’s plenty out there that don’t fall in either echo chamber camps.

No worries though, we should begin to repair the damage caused by Trump soon enough.

It’s only one side that will ensure this doesn’t remain peaceful or end well.

mu4c_20le

Looking at facts, interacting with different people, podcasts. not really listening to news. Every single outlet leans heavily left and then you have Fox who lean right. Can't really get unbiased news.
Ah yes, the best source for the truth

Siorac

The best part about Biden winning is the end of these nasty politics brought to you by Trump. GOP will cut the Trump ties off the moment he loses it officially.
That's a pipedream. Trump is a culmination of things, not merely a maverick outlier. And he can point to the massive support he garnered in this election. He increased his voting base after all.

No, Trumpism is here to stay.

InfiniteBoredom

The final tally will be closer to 52-48. There are roughly 10m votes left in blue states being counted, which ironically Trump doesn’t seem to care about.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
That’s as incorrect a statement as trickle down economics works. There’s substantially more right wing sources of information on every media platform than left wing.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
"May God protect our troops" is possibly the most American sentence ever in a political speech.
regardless of who is in charge I would prefer if the troops were in the USA and not sent to meddle on foreign soil

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
This troglodyte has 44% approval rating. You couldn’t prosecute Tricky Dick when he was at 23%.

There’s no justice in this world, he and his spawns will get away scot free because the cost of doing the right thing is too dear.
New York State doesn’t have the same restrictions or incentives to not go after him. They have stated as much. The AG & SDNY are well known for their independence, especially the SDNY (once it’s purged of remaining Trump acolytes).

I agree that Biden won’t go after Trump.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Biden is far from the most inspiring of politicians but it was kinda nice hearing an adult speaking for America just then.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Biden is far from the most inspiring of politicians but it was kinda nice hearing an adult speaking for America just then.
Just literally basic stuff like people needing to care for each other and listen to each other. And saying he’ll be the president of all the American people. Shouldn’t be a breath of fresh air but it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.